Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Help

Reviews Summary for N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair
N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Reviews: 132 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $65.00 per hour/ rated
Description: Radio and amplifier repair. Specializing in Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier Repair and/or Modifications
More info: http://n4ats.com/

You can write your own review of the N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair.

N3ATS Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2014 17:21 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've known Bill Grassa for over 15 years, and in that time he has performed various repairs for me and has taken care of a lot of stuff for me. He has been an Elmer, a friend, and HUGE help to me. Yes, my vanity call sign is a tribute to Bill.

Bill offers top-notch service, excellent prices, and he does it with pride. Bill loves this stuff, and his passion for the hobby shows in his work.

Bill is definitely recommended not only for his superior work on the Yaesu FL-7000, but all amateur gear in general. You can't beat his experience and service!

N3LMB Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2014 18:22 Send this review to a friend
FT-890 problem  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had a problem with my new (used) FT-890 AT. Sent Bill an email and he had me drop off the rig. (My home QTH nearby) Two days later, rig was ready for pick up. Bill has checked out other radio gear for me recently and is one of the good guys. Highly recommend Bill N4ATS for quality and fast radio work. Thanks again. de Dave N3LMB

KB9QYB Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2014 08:53 Send this review to a friend
yaesu ft-990 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
sent my yeasu ft-990 for repair transmit problem after talking to bill he told me to ship the radio to him.bill had the ft-990 fixed in no time.i will recommend bill n4ats,anytime for his work done thanks again bill.

9Y4RX Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2014 17:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Service experience  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased an FL7000 from a fellow Ham in Florida. I mentioned to him that I was thinking of doing the N4ATS mods on the amplifier. He offered to drop off the FL7000 to Bill for me and I accepted. I contacted Bill and alerted him and he was quite receptive. He emailed me when the amp arrived did the mods and minor repair and shipped it out for me in quick time. Communication was great all the way. I recommend the N4ATS service to others.

KK4JPC Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2014 09:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality MARS work on FT-857D  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got N4ATS's contact details from AES and engaged Bill to do the MARS mod on my Yaesu FT-857D. After looking at the board I knew there was no way I could get this level of detail in soldering. I shipped Bill the transceiver and he was able to perform the work and turn it around back to me in just a couple of days. Price was extremely reasonable and the radio arrived back to me in perfect shape. Testing functionality looks to be perfect so far. I highly recommend Bill (N4ATS).

KD4QFT Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2014 13:54 Send this review to a friend
FT-950 REPAIR  Time owned: more than 12 months
HI ALL
I HAVE HAD TWO BAD EXPERIENCES RECENTLY WITH OTHER RADIO HAMS, I WAS CONVINCED THE HOBBY WAS LOSING THE NICE HELPFUL GUYS.
I SOLD VALVES IN UK FOR TWENTY YEARS AND KNOW THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT.
BUT ALL CHANGED LAST WEEK MY SUPER DUPER FT-950 MADE CLICKING NOISES AND DIED, ASSUMED THE STOCK DIODES HAD SMOKED, CONTACTED BILL SAME DAY, HE TOOK IT HOME HAD IT TWO DAYS FOUND A LOOSE RIBBON CABLE SECURED IT AND SET NOW PERFECT AGAIN.
HE WOULD NOT ACCEPT ANY PAYMENT SO BILL AS CHANGED MY MIND NICE HELPFUL GUYS ARE STILL AROUND.
IF YOU NEED HELP WITH YOUR REPAIRS I WOULD NOW FULLY TRUST BILL, HE COULD HAVE SAID ANYTHING AND CHARGED ME FOR IT , HE DIDN;T THANKS FROM G4AZM / KD4QFT

K0LUZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2014 06:22 Send this review to a friend
Super Job  Time owned: more than 12 months
Brought in an Alpha 76A on Thursday and had it back by Saturday. Great turnaround. Had some problems with the power supply and everything appears to be working great after a week of using it. I will use Bill again if the occasion arises. Thanks Bill!

KB1PDG Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2014 09:34 Send this review to a friend
A+++ Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a fl-7000 from Bill and could not be more pleased with the amp and service. Bill answered my many questions via email promptly allowed me to pay by personal check and believe it or not, shipped the amp to me before even receiving my check due to his having to travel for his job I believe and he didn't want to make me wait for the amp. Who in business does this sort of thing theses days? Two thumbs up for the band cable from WN2FMM Tom also. Great guys to deal with and especially if you want a fl-7000.

KC7FPF Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2014 08:31 Send this review to a friend
Repair of Yaesu FT450  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my Yaesu FT-450 to Bill for repair. Very good service. Received the radio back from repair in a very short amount of time. Radio works 100%.
As stated before Bill is a great tech for the ham radio community. Would recommend him for ANY repair work. Thank-you Bill.

N4NWW Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2014 13:17 Send this review to a friend
N4NWW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a used Ten Tec Centaur amplifier for my Ten Tec Omni VI Plus station a few years ago. The fellow who sold it to me said he could never load 40 meters. I said that was ok because I never work 40 meters. Needless to say I became hooked on 40 meters but this amplifier would not load up on 40. I read the reviews here for Bill N4ATS and was impressed. A big plus is he is right here in Florida. I dropped off the AMP to Bill and I told him to take his time and call when he was done. When I was half way home Bill called and said come on back. You won't believe what I found. It was a circuit board that was installed BACKWARDS from the factory. No 40, 80 or 160 would ever have worked. Bill is the Best.