Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Help

Reviews Summary for N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair
N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Reviews: 139 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $65.00 per hour/ rated
Description: Radio and amplifier repair. Specializing in Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier Repair and/or Modifications
More info: http://n4ats.com/

You can write your own review of the N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair.

KC4QLM Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2015 16:24 Send this review to a friend
Class ACT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Found Bill listed on eHam.net. Contacted him about an old Kenwood boat anchor I was trying to get someone to work on or at least try. Contacted Bill and his comment was "they are old and may not be able to do anything for you, drop it off and I will look at it". I dropped it off at his home and met one of the nicest people you could hope to know. Bill told me he would call me. About a week later I got a call and a email telling me my radio had been "Healed" and I could come pick it up. Went down following week and Bill was gone but Met his Lovely wife and picked up my radio. I might add she is much better looking than Bill !! Paid her for the repair which broke the bank at a whopping $88.00. It does not get any better than this. I would recommend him to anyone. Honesty, and quality workmanship along with good value is indeed hard to find but not with this man.
Jim
N4ADW

HEIDID Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2015 06:11 Send this review to a friend
You Can TRUST N4ATS, his word is his bond  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Iím married to a HAM; this makes gift giving rather tenuous for me. My husband has had an FL-7000 on his Christmas list for some time, but those are scarce as henís teeth. Of course the amplifier MUST have the N4ATS modsÖ. whatever that means. Iíve kept my ear to the ground but didnít find much. My biggest hurdle is that I donít know what the heck the thing does. Any Huckster could sell me a smoking pile of lightening-struck circuitry and I wouldnít be the wiser. But then I had an epiphany! Why not go to THE GUY? THE expert, the guy everyone brags about mod-ing their amp, the guy people quote in articles. I threw myself on the mercy of N4ATS and Bill stood tall to the challenge. With kindness and care he reassured me that weíd get an FL-7000 under the Christmas tree. Billís the kind of guy whoíd give you the shirt off his back. He actually sent me the FL-7000 off his own bench! Itís pristine, like NOS. Has the coveted mods, came with diagnostics, manuals (manufacturers and Billís), and the proper cord to plug into the Husbandís FT-1000MP rig! All in time for Christmas! Heís my HERO. You can take this man at his word. They donít come any finer than N4ATS.
-Heidi
XYL NT7U

WA5B Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2014 04:34 Send this review to a friend
Great Repair Service on old ICOM 27A  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bill did a great job in repairing my old Icom IC-27A 2-Mtr mobile. Cost was very resonable, turn around time was a matter of days. I would certainly do business with him again.

K5WWR Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2014 08:45 Send this review to a friend
Super Service  Time owned: months
Needed a VX7 antenna mount replaced.
Fast turn around, great price.

WW3A Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2014 06:44 Send this review to a friend
Another *very* satisfied customer  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having just moved to Central Florida, I took the opportunity to hand carry my FL-7000 to Bill for repair/updates. As others have stated, Bill is a true gentleman and really knows his way around this amp. Bill provides detailed documentation of the work performed, and a performance data sheet for the specific device. Add to that his very reasonable rates, and it's no wonder he scores all 5's across the board! Highly recommended!

W8SFC Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2014 17:01 Send this review to a friend
Expert Repair  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Shipped my FL-7000 amp to Bill, had it back in almost no time! Mine needed some parts and the mods/upgrades done. Do yourself a BIG favor and send your gear to Bill and rest easy!

AJ7G Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2014 07:40 Send this review to a friend
WOW, what great service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Can't say enough about the great service I received from Bill. Repaired my Quadra and now it operates better than ever. And the follow up correspondence was surprising and fantastic. Thanks Bill!

Randy AJ7G

N3ATS Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2014 17:21 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've known Bill Grassa for over 15 years, and in that time he has performed various repairs for me and has taken care of a lot of stuff for me. He has been an Elmer, a friend, and HUGE help to me. Yes, my vanity call sign is a tribute to Bill.

Bill offers top-notch service, excellent prices, and he does it with pride. Bill loves this stuff, and his passion for the hobby shows in his work.

Bill is definitely recommended not only for his superior work on the Yaesu FL-7000, but all amateur gear in general. You can't beat his experience and service!

N3LMB Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2014 18:22 Send this review to a friend
FT-890 problem  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had a problem with my new (used) FT-890 AT. Sent Bill an email and he had me drop off the rig. (My home QTH nearby) Two days later, rig was ready for pick up. Bill has checked out other radio gear for me recently and is one of the good guys. Highly recommend Bill N4ATS for quality and fast radio work. Thanks again. de Dave N3LMB

KB9QYB Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2014 08:53 Send this review to a friend
yaesu ft-990 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
sent my yeasu ft-990 for repair transmit problem after talking to bill he told me to ship the radio to him.bill had the ft-990 fixed in no time.i will recommend bill n4ats,anytime for his work done thanks again bill.