Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Help

Reviews Summary for N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair
N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Reviews: 144 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $65.00 per hour/ rated
Description: Radio and amplifier repair. Specializing in Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier Repair and/or Modifications
More info: http://n4ats.com/

You can write your own review of the N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair.

K3TLP Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2015 15:30 Send this review to a friend
Thanks, Bill  Time owned: more than 12 months
My FL 7000 made a strange noise and stopped working. I sent an e-mail to N4ATS. He advised to send it to him. He kept me updated on the progress. It was a strange bug he hadn't seen before. The amp was returned and works great. It was packed very well. I asked him what I owed him since he spent so much time trouble-shooting. He said his basic mod and shipping fee was it. Thanks, Bil. There is a reason for so many 5/5 ratings

KE4NL Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2015 13:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Can't say enough good things about Bill Grassa. My amp was back on my desk after 4 days and wAS MODIFIED AND REPAIRED. Will use his services in the future.
Bill Sargent KE4NL

KD4QFT Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2015 16:43 Send this review to a friend
HONEST HAM  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
SECOND TIME USED N4ATS ONCE AGAIN VERY GOOD HONEST SERVICE THE BEST

KC1DAD Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2015 15:31 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought an FL-7000 from the heirs of a SK. The amp was advertised as being in great shape. I knew about Bill's FL-7000 service/updates from earlier research, so I had the amp shipped directly to Bill. He found some serious issues: the pwr amp transistors needed to be replaced, the LPF needed repair work, and the fan control board need repair work. Bill took care of all issues and returned the amp nicely packaged. It works better than new. I notice that he has expanded into rig repair and I would guess that the same level of expertise and professionalism would be brought to anthing sent to Bill for work. Highly, highly recommended.

WA8AGH Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2015 12:54 Send this review to a friend
best service for Yaesu amps  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had owned a Yaesu FL7000 in the past that had not had "N4ATS" upgrades. When I parted with it, I soon realized that I needed an FL7000 with Bill's magic performed to it. I contacted Bill via internet, and told him that I was looking for an FL7000 with his updates. He said that he had at least 1 amp there that he was updating, and he quoted me a very price and included all necessary cabling. I had my "new" FL7000 within about 2 weeks and it does everything Bill said it would.
If you are thinking of purchasing an updated yaesu amp, or need service on the one you have...you can't beat Bill Grassa-N4ATS. He is the best.

N4ADW Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2015 16:24 Send this review to a friend
Class ACT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Found Bill listed on eHam.net. Contacted him about an old Kenwood boat anchor I was trying to get someone to work on or at least try. Contacted Bill and his comment was "they are old and may not be able to do anything for you, drop it off and I will look at it". I dropped it off at his home and met one of the nicest people you could hope to know. Bill told me he would call me. About a week later I got a call and a email telling me my radio had been "Healed" and I could come pick it up. Went down following week and Bill was gone but Met his Lovely wife and picked up my radio. I might add she is much better looking than Bill !! Paid her for the repair which broke the bank at a whopping $88.00. It does not get any better than this. I would recommend him to anyone. Honesty, and quality workmanship along with good value is indeed hard to find but not with this man.
Jim
N4ADW

HEIDID Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2015 06:11 Send this review to a friend
You Can TRUST N4ATS, his word is his bond  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Iím married to a HAM; this makes gift giving rather tenuous for me. My husband has had an FL-7000 on his Christmas list for some time, but those are scarce as henís teeth. Of course the amplifier MUST have the N4ATS modsÖ. whatever that means. Iíve kept my ear to the ground but didnít find much. My biggest hurdle is that I donít know what the heck the thing does. Any Huckster could sell me a smoking pile of lightening-struck circuitry and I wouldnít be the wiser. But then I had an epiphany! Why not go to THE GUY? THE expert, the guy everyone brags about mod-ing their amp, the guy people quote in articles. I threw myself on the mercy of N4ATS and Bill stood tall to the challenge. With kindness and care he reassured me that weíd get an FL-7000 under the Christmas tree. Billís the kind of guy whoíd give you the shirt off his back. He actually sent me the FL-7000 off his own bench! Itís pristine, like NOS. Has the coveted mods, came with diagnostics, manuals (manufacturers and Billís), and the proper cord to plug into the Husbandís FT-1000MP rig! All in time for Christmas! Heís my HERO. You can take this man at his word. They donít come any finer than N4ATS.
-Heidi
XYL NT7U

WA5B Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2014 04:34 Send this review to a friend
Great Repair Service on old ICOM 27A  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bill did a great job in repairing my old Icom IC-27A 2-Mtr mobile. Cost was very resonable, turn around time was a matter of days. I would certainly do business with him again.

K5WWR Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2014 08:45 Send this review to a friend
Super Service  Time owned: months
Needed a VX7 antenna mount replaced.
Fast turn around, great price.

WW3A Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2014 06:44 Send this review to a friend
Another *very* satisfied customer  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having just moved to Central Florida, I took the opportunity to hand carry my FL-7000 to Bill for repair/updates. As others have stated, Bill is a true gentleman and really knows his way around this amp. Bill provides detailed documentation of the work performed, and a performance data sheet for the specific device. Add to that his very reasonable rates, and it's no wonder he scores all 5's across the board! Highly recommended!