Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Help

Reviews Summary for N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair
N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Reviews: 186 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $65.00 per hour/ rated
Description: Radio and amplifier repair. Specializing in Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier Repair and/or Modifications
More info: http://n4ats.com/

You can write your own review of the N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair.

W4DXL Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2017 20:52 Send this review to a friend
Nice guy fast service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bill Grassa N4ATS is the Amateur's best friend. I have a FT-950 and after explaining what happened Bill knew exactly what the problem was I shipped it to him and he fixed it in record time. With a radio of this size it actually costs more to ship it than fix it. Bill fixed it Thanksgiving week I really didn't expect to get it back so fast. It was a much better experience than sending it to Yaesu and Yaesu service is good, but Bill is exceptional! Side note before contacting Bill I talked to another popular east coast repair guy and he didn't seem interested in repairing my FT-950 saying that parts were no longer available. If I ever need equipment serviced again Bill Grassa N4ATS will be the first call I make! Thanks Bill!!!

AC4UM Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2017 16:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent Bill my Yaesu FT 757 DX II which had a bad VFO tuning knob (among other things). He did a great job getting to it quickly, keeping me informed of the problems, and Bill was able to save the rig from the bone yard. His rates are fair & he took good care shipping and handling the unit. I am very grateful for the quality services he provided.

William
AC4UM

N5XUZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2017 10:35 Send this review to a friend
Radio Repairs  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bill has repaired several of my radios, a Yaesu FT-990 and a Yaesu FT-90R and both were repaired very quickly and professionally. Repair charges were more than reasonable and shipping was also reasonable. Bill also performed service and mods on my FL-7000 Amp. If you need service on your Yaesu equipment, Bill is the man to go to. Thanks, Bill!

NK2Q Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2017 07:21 Send this review to a friend
Yaesu FT 817nd Tapp 1st IF mod  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
So I love using my 817nd in the field, but sometimes miss the usefulness of having a full Panadapter and waterfall as I do on my base unit in the shack. So already having knowledge of HSDR, I thought why not make this possible for the 817nd using my little notebook computer? So I contacted Bill to see if he could do the tap and without hesitation he said yes. So I shipped it off, and a week later it was back at my door and the tap was PERFECT! Now I can pull out the weak ones and work them when band conditions are in my favor. Thank you Bill for your skill, business acumen, and integrity. Bill has also repaired other radios for me as well. Bill's number is one every ham should keep handy!

David

N1ABC Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2017 19:26 Send this review to a friend
FL-7000 lightning strike repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
After a lightning strike that took out all my radios including my FL-7000 linear, I sent it to Bill for a hopeful repair. Even though it suffered a mild internal conflagration, he was quickly able to get it in working order for a very reasonable cost.
I wouldn't think of going anywhere else to get my Yaesu radios repaired.

N4TAD Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2017 07:43 Send this review to a friend
Yaesu FL 7000 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent Bill my FL 7000 for repair. Having been inactive from Amateur Radio, the amp had been in the closet for about 20 years. I shipped the amp to Bill on a Wednesday and Bill notified me the following Sunday that my amp had been repaired. I received the Amp back the following Wednesday. It was so easy and convenient working with Bill. I'm now sending him my ICOM 740 for repair. Bill is a great technician.

W3HEA Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2017 08:18 Send this review to a friend
FABULOUS GUY !  Time owned: more than 12 months
Probably the best repair guy in the country!

AA4GT Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2017 18:50 Send this review to a friend
Repaire FT 991  Time owned: months
Bill has done work for me for 5 years and I get my radio back in 5 to 7 days. I like sending to
somone who knows what he is doing.
73 George AA4GT

KD4QMY Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2017 17:03 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service  Time owned: months
Bill, N4ATS, gets an A++ from me! My Yaesu FTDX5000MP from 2011 suffered the dreaded OLED problem which included the white vertical line in addition to the Sub-VFO becoming so dim that it was nearly impossible to see the frequency readout. I had read that Bill added the OLED replacement service a few years ago but I procrastinated to proceed with having the work done. Now July 2017 I couldn’t wait any longer. I contacted Bill via email from his website and he got back to me in a very timely manner and he recommended that I contact Yaesu to discuss the OLED situation. After a few email exchanges with Yaesu; I was in possession of three new OLEDs. I emailed Bill to let him know that I was ready for him to do the work of replacing the OLEDs. He replied within minutes and I proceeded to prepare the radio for shipping. I shipped the radio to Bill and within one day of receiving the radio he had already torn down the rig and was progressing at replacing the OLEDs. Bill emailed pictures of the parts spread out on his bench. That very same day he emailed additional pictures of the radio assembled and having the new OLEDs installed. Bill has been very courteous and his rates are very reasonable. I would absolutely recommend Bill based on my recent experience. In closing, I would like to say; “Great Job! & Thank you! Mr. Grassa!”

W4VQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2017 08:34 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding response  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Ameritron AL-1200 amplifier stopped showing HV on the multimeter. Thinking it was a power supply issue, I asked the local big-gun contester who he used for resolution of rig problems. He recommended N4ATS. I got the rig to N4ATS and he fixed it within 2 days! The problem was not in the power supply as I had thought. Thus the value of using someone who knows what he is doing for repairs.