Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Help

Reviews Summary for N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair
N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Reviews: 163 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $65.00 per hour/ rated
Description: Radio and amplifier repair. Specializing in Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier Repair and/or Modifications
More info: http://n4ats.com/

You can write your own review of the N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair.

KD4QFT Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2016 06:05 Send this review to a friend
KENWOOD TS-440 SERVICE  Time owned: more than 12 months
ANOTHER FANTASTIC SERVICE BY BILL.
THINKING OF SELLING A TRUSTY TS-440 WHICH HAD GONE A LITTLE LOW ON OUTPUT AND I THOUGHT A LITTLE DEAF, BILL AS BROUGHT IT BACK TO LIFE AND HE SAYS IT IS PERFECT NOW, TRIED IT AND IT WORKS AS IT SHOULD.
HE SAYS I SHOULD GET AROUND $500 FOR IT IN THE CONDITION IT IS IN.
SO OFF TO SALES SECTION,BUT WILL USE FOR A FEW DAYS FIRST
COLIN

K4XD Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2016 02:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Tokyo HY-Power Repair   Time owned: more than 12 months
When the power output of my Tokyo Hy-Power HL-1.5KFX amplifier suddenly went to zero, I thought it was going to be time to go amplifier shopping, as THP is no longer in business and I had heard no parts were available so no one was repairing them anymore.

Wrong!

Enter Bill Grassa - whose website said he works on all models of amplifiers. I took a shot and emailed Bill, and he told me to send the amplifier to him by Fedex.

I did, and soon after it arrived, Bill told me all the final power transistors were shot. When THP was still in business, the repair would have involved swapping the boards. But Bill does part-level repair, and he ordered replacement transistors from Japan. It took a couple of weeks for them to arrive, but he promptly did the repair once the parts were in hand, and sent the amp back to me by Fedex. It works flawlessly.

I thought I was I going to be out thousands for a new amp, but instead I have my THP HL-1.5KFX back in service. It's a great amp, and Bill did a great job fixing it. Highly recommended.

K2FF Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2016 19:34 Send this review to a friend
FTDX-5000D OLED's Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked up a used FTDX-5000D with the known "OLED/white-line issue." Yaesu would not cover the repair(s) under their extended warranty for this known problem since I was not the original owner of the radio.

Local friend (W4II) recommended contacting Bill Grassa (N4ATS). Went to Bill's webpage where it indicated "New Service...Now Replacing OLED's In Yaesu Radios." I contacted Bill, received an estimate, and decided to go with him. Radio was shipped out on June 1st and received back on June 11th! Bill took care of ordering the OLED's from Yaesu, made the repairs, installed a narrow roofing filter (XF126CN) I had enclosed, and ran a general diagnostics on the radio to make sure there was nothing else wrong.

Bill offers constant contact via e-mail or phone and accepts multiple forms of payment (PayPal, Credit Card, etc). Thanks to W4II for the recommendation, and thanks to N4ATS for the professional service and fastest turn around on the market!

NJ7Y Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2016 06:21 Send this review to a friend
Repair Alinco DX-SR8  Time owned: more than 12 months
The cw side tone monitor on my Alinco DX-SR8 was too loud for comfort when using headphones. I followed the manual, opened up the radio and noticed that the adjustment potentiometer head appeared stripped. But I tried to adjust it anyway. This resulted in no side tone audio at all. ARGH! I contacted Bill N4ATS and sent the radio to him. He installed an external pot so that I can now adjust the side tone monitor without opening up the radio and set the audio level to a comfortable level both with headphones and a speaker. Bill had the radio a couple of days and returned it ready for action. Great job! I highly recommend his service.

WZ9B Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2016 07:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
With Bills help I was able to repair my FL7000, Thank you Bill !

KA4ETV Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2016 06:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Guy!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm kind of an appliance operator doofus. This gentleman replied to a post I made on an AF issue with my Mark V. Gave me advice and steps to check and he was right! So he gets any work I need from here on out. You would be well served to give him you repair business.

K4NMR Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2016 13:04 Send this review to a friend
ICOM756 PRO III  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bill was recommended to me by WB2HNP.. Bill did not
dissapoint me but repaired the CIV port and brought the output power back up to the 100watts.. All this for a very reasonable price.. I would recommend Bill and his expetise to any and all.. Thank you Bill for the quick turn around as well.. Well done!! Tom Small/K4NMR

KM4PSE Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2016 11:28 Send this review to a friend
rf concepts amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
very prompt and professional service. Very impressed with the quality of work.

KA4ZOO Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2016 20:44 Send this review to a friend
Yaesu FT-847 repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received a Yaesu FT-847 for my birthday from my brother and within a week, it developed multible problems. I was referred to Bill by AES Orlando, called and was able to hand carry my rig for repair. Great communication over phone and email with detailed description of the repairs. Bill completely cleaned the unit inside and out and repaired all problems. It looked like a new transceiver when I picked it up. I am very grateful for all the great service, fast turnaround and reasonable cost. Recommended to all.

KC8BA Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2016 14:14 Send this review to a friend
FT2000 dead rx  Time owned: more than 12 months
Rx went silent on my Yaesu FT2k. Found N4ATS's email (and perfect feedback) on this site. Sent radio to Bill and he found the problem and the cause and repaired radio very quickly at a reasonable cost. I looked at the repair with a magnifying glass and SMD soldering is EXCELLENT.
If anyone has problems I would recommend N4ATS.