Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Help

Reviews Summary for N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair
N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Reviews: 137 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $65.00 per hour/ rated
Description: Radio and amplifier repair. Specializing in Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier Repair and/or Modifications
More info: http://n4ats.com/

You can write your own review of the N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair.

KD4QFT Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2014 13:54 Send this review to a friend
FT-950 REPAIR  Time owned: more than 12 months
HI ALL
I HAVE HAD TWO BAD EXPERIENCES RECENTLY WITH OTHER RADIO HAMS, I WAS CONVINCED THE HOBBY WAS LOSING THE NICE HELPFUL GUYS.
I SOLD VALVES IN UK FOR TWENTY YEARS AND KNOW THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT.
BUT ALL CHANGED LAST WEEK MY SUPER DUPER FT-950 MADE CLICKING NOISES AND DIED, ASSUMED THE STOCK DIODES HAD SMOKED, CONTACTED BILL SAME DAY, HE TOOK IT HOME HAD IT TWO DAYS FOUND A LOOSE RIBBON CABLE SECURED IT AND SET NOW PERFECT AGAIN.
HE WOULD NOT ACCEPT ANY PAYMENT SO BILL AS CHANGED MY MIND NICE HELPFUL GUYS ARE STILL AROUND.
IF YOU NEED HELP WITH YOUR REPAIRS I WOULD NOW FULLY TRUST BILL, HE COULD HAVE SAID ANYTHING AND CHARGED ME FOR IT , HE DIDN;T THANKS FROM G4AZM / KD4QFT

K0LUZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2014 06:22 Send this review to a friend
Super Job  Time owned: more than 12 months
Brought in an Alpha 76A on Thursday and had it back by Saturday. Great turnaround. Had some problems with the power supply and everything appears to be working great after a week of using it. I will use Bill again if the occasion arises. Thanks Bill!

KB1PDG Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2014 09:34 Send this review to a friend
A+++ Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a fl-7000 from Bill and could not be more pleased with the amp and service. Bill answered my many questions via email promptly allowed me to pay by personal check and believe it or not, shipped the amp to me before even receiving my check due to his having to travel for his job I believe and he didn't want to make me wait for the amp. Who in business does this sort of thing theses days? Two thumbs up for the band cable from WN2FMM Tom also. Great guys to deal with and especially if you want a fl-7000.

KC7FPF Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2014 08:31 Send this review to a friend
Repair of Yaesu FT450  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my Yaesu FT-450 to Bill for repair. Very good service. Received the radio back from repair in a very short amount of time. Radio works 100%.
As stated before Bill is a great tech for the ham radio community. Would recommend him for ANY repair work. Thank-you Bill.

N4NWW Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2014 13:17 Send this review to a friend
N4NWW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a used Ten Tec Centaur amplifier for my Ten Tec Omni VI Plus station a few years ago. The fellow who sold it to me said he could never load 40 meters. I said that was ok because I never work 40 meters. Needless to say I became hooked on 40 meters but this amplifier would not load up on 40. I read the reviews here for Bill N4ATS and was impressed. A big plus is he is right here in Florida. I dropped off the AMP to Bill and I told him to take his time and call when he was done. When I was half way home Bill called and said come on back. You won't believe what I found. It was a circuit board that was installed BACKWARDS from the factory. No 40, 80 or 160 would ever have worked. Bill is the Best.

AB9SX Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2013 18:57 Send this review to a friend
Good Solid Amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased the FL-7000 after it was repaired by Bill. I have been following the instructions packed with the amp. I drive it with a FT-1000MP Mk5 in Type A mode, with a Nye-Viking Tuner. No issues for 3 years. I don't see many for sale, and none for sale with the Grassa repairs/mods. It was the best money I ever spent. I call a net for 3 hours, and never had a hiccup. Thanks Bill.

WD9DJP Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2013 11:08 Send this review to a friend
FL7000  Time owned: months
I bought a FL7000 from W8WWS of QTH. He said it had two scratches on top w/lights out. It also had the left corner ground off that he didn't mention.
I sent it to N4ATS for complete mods.
Bill called and said the amp had been dropped before shipment. Had to have new front, bottom cover, new feet, and left side as it had two right side panels.
When I got it back it was in New condition. When Bill received it 95 watts would give 300. Now I have the ALC set for 500 watts PEP. N4ATS is the best, Honest, and a asset to Ham Radio.
I wouldn't use anyone else.
WD9DJP Don Parkinson

N3CB Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2013 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Expert Advice saves a trip!  Time owned: more than 12 months
A good friend suggested contacting Bill with an FT-920 issue; intermittent failure to go into transmit. While the call (to him) was "all about" scheduling a shipment for repair, what I got from Bill was actually some advice...change the memory battery BEFORE shipping!
How crazy did that sound, the memory battery fouling TX capabilities??! Well, I followed the steps in the FT-920 Op Manual to change the button battery and the radio has been working perfectly ever since! Gotta applaud a service tech that's willing to save you the expense of shipping and service, when he's keen on an easy fix! Certainly the sign of a reputable guy. Thanks Bill!

KB1YBB Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2013 04:49 Send this review to a friend
Very Helpful to a Newbie  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I sent Bill N4ATS my Yaesu 857D (purchased used) convinced I had a malfunctioning tone circuit on the 2M band. Bill spent over 1 ½ hours performing a very thorough checkout. He called me and explained there was really nothing wrong with the radio. After asking about my antenna setup he explained what was wrong with it. Being new to the hobby I appreciated his informative, non-condescending manner. Bill is a true Elmer and a genuine asset to our hobby. The cost to learn this lesson was more than fair. He’ll be the first to get my business in the future.

N5RJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2013 15:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Expert Amplifier & Radio Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been aware of Bill's Excellent Reputation for Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier Repair for years. My Kenwood TL-922A developed some HV Arc issues so I chose to try one of Bill's FL-7000's to replace it. I saw his ad for a pristine FL-7000 and gave hime a call.The Amp arrived and is better than his description, but I discovered that my exciter (Yaesu FT-990 AC) had keying issues and couldn't key the amp. I put a call into Bill, and he said ship it to him. He repaired my FT-990 in a quick amount of time and was more than generous with his time/labor charges. Now I have a nice operating Yaesu FT-990 & FL-7000 on the bench. I plan to ship him the Kenwood TL-922A after the Holidays and have him fix it.He is up to task and a pleasure to deal with.5 Star *****
Thanks Bill,