Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Help

Reviews Summary for N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair
N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Reviews: 178 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $65.00 per hour/ rated
Description: Radio and amplifier repair. Specializing in Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier Repair and/or Modifications
More info: http://n4ats.com/

You can write your own review of the N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair.

KK4ME Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2016 03:55 Send this review to a friend
AL-811 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had heard of Bill's (N4ATS) work long ago so when my AL-811 died one morning and after trying to solve the problem myself I contacted Bill and explained my problem. Based on my explanation of the amp dying on the bench, Bill assured me that he knew the problem and was eager to resolve this for me.

Living within driving distance, I opted to drop of my amp at Bill's house, hate shipping things these days.

Amp was fixed, runs like a brand new. Bill went thru the amp top to bottom and this AL-811 is like brand new.

Two thumbs up on Bill's service and communications while equipment in for repair.

Highly recommend Bill for your equipment repairs. Thanks Bill.

N4KS Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2016 17:44 Send this review to a friend
FT5k OLED replacment  Time owned: months
I dropped my FTdx5000 off at Bill's QTH to have the three OLEDs replaced. He documented his work with photos. He did a great job at a reasonable rate and with quick turn-around. I highly recommend Bill!

KI4DN Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2016 06:16 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC JOB!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I took a bad lightning strike which took out 5 radios as well as some other components and drove the 2 hours to Bill's house to drop off the radios and amps for inspection and repair.
Amazingly, he called me before I even got home and most of the repairs had already been completed. WOW!
He sent me the photos of the toasted items and believe me, the repairs were no easy job.
I even upgraded my Yaesu FL-7000 while at it.
I sure hope nothing ever happens to Bill or I'll be toast too.
Thanks

WA4HKY Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2016 13:38 Send this review to a friend
The Command Technologies Amp Guru  Time owned: more than 12 months
If I were able to give a "10" rating for N4ATS Repair- I would not hesitate! My Command HF-2500 had an intermittent problem and Bill (N4ATS) was determined to find it. He was very forthcoming and diligent to help me with the "Commander." Well, I am excited and happy to say that Bill went above and beyond my expectations. After hours of testing, dismantling, reassembling, and testing again- he was able to track down the issue and make the necessary "upgrade." This resolved the factory flaw and my Command HF-2500 is good as new! If you own a Command amp and have a problem- look no further. Bill has the expertise, skills, and equipment at his disposal to bring your Command amp back to life. This is a huge relief because I enjoy operating this amp. Just knowing of the professional support is even better! Thanks, Bill. It is a relief to know that honesty and determination still exists. You made my day. (submitted by WA4HKY on behalf of "Ed NC4JS")

K9IG Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2016 12:43 Send this review to a friend
Superb!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent my FTdx-5000D to Bill for all 3 OLEDs to be replaced. I shipped the radio to Bill on Aug 22, I received the radio back in great shape on Sept 1. Bill was great to work with, easy to catch via email. I'd do business with Bill again!

KD4QFT Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2016 06:05 Send this review to a friend
KENWOOD TS-440 SERVICE  Time owned: more than 12 months
ANOTHER FANTASTIC SERVICE BY BILL.
THINKING OF SELLING A TRUSTY TS-440 WHICH HAD GONE A LITTLE LOW ON OUTPUT AND I THOUGHT A LITTLE DEAF, BILL AS BROUGHT IT BACK TO LIFE AND HE SAYS IT IS PERFECT NOW, TRIED IT AND IT WORKS AS IT SHOULD.
HE SAYS I SHOULD GET AROUND $500 FOR IT IN THE CONDITION IT IS IN.
SO OFF TO SALES SECTION,BUT WILL USE FOR A FEW DAYS FIRST
COLIN

K4XD Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2016 02:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Tokyo HY-Power Repair   Time owned: more than 12 months
When the power output of my Tokyo Hy-Power HL-1.5KFX amplifier suddenly went to zero, I thought it was going to be time to go amplifier shopping, as THP is no longer in business and I had heard no parts were available so no one was repairing them anymore.

Wrong!

Enter Bill Grassa - whose website said he works on all models of amplifiers. I took a shot and emailed Bill, and he told me to send the amplifier to him by Fedex.

I did, and soon after it arrived, Bill told me all the final power transistors were shot. When THP was still in business, the repair would have involved swapping the boards. But Bill does part-level repair, and he ordered replacement transistors from Japan. It took a couple of weeks for them to arrive, but he promptly did the repair once the parts were in hand, and sent the amp back to me by Fedex. It works flawlessly.

I thought I was I going to be out thousands for a new amp, but instead I have my THP HL-1.5KFX back in service. It's a great amp, and Bill did a great job fixing it. Highly recommended.

K2FF Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2016 19:34 Send this review to a friend
FTDX-5000D OLED's Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked up a used FTDX-5000D with the known "OLED/white-line issue." Yaesu would not cover the repair(s) under their extended warranty for this known problem since I was not the original owner of the radio.

Local friend (W4II) recommended contacting Bill Grassa (N4ATS). Went to Bill's webpage where it indicated "New Service...Now Replacing OLED's In Yaesu Radios." I contacted Bill, received an estimate, and decided to go with him. Radio was shipped out on June 1st and received back on June 11th! Bill took care of ordering the OLED's from Yaesu, made the repairs, installed a narrow roofing filter (XF126CN) I had enclosed, and ran a general diagnostics on the radio to make sure there was nothing else wrong.

Bill offers constant contact via e-mail or phone and accepts multiple forms of payment (PayPal, Credit Card, etc). Thanks to W4II for the recommendation, and thanks to N4ATS for the professional service and fastest turn around on the market!

NJ7Y Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2016 06:21 Send this review to a friend
Repair Alinco DX-SR8  Time owned: more than 12 months
The cw side tone monitor on my Alinco DX-SR8 was too loud for comfort when using headphones. I followed the manual, opened up the radio and noticed that the adjustment potentiometer head appeared stripped. But I tried to adjust it anyway. This resulted in no side tone audio at all. ARGH! I contacted Bill N4ATS and sent the radio to him. He installed an external pot so that I can now adjust the side tone monitor without opening up the radio and set the audio level to a comfortable level both with headphones and a speaker. Bill had the radio a couple of days and returned it ready for action. Great job! I highly recommend his service.

WZ9B Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2016 07:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
With Bills help I was able to repair my FL7000, Thank you Bill !