Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Help

Reviews Summary for N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair
N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Reviews: 167 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $65.00 per hour/ rated
Description: Radio and amplifier repair. Specializing in Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier Repair and/or Modifications

You can write your own review of the N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair.

K4NMR Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2016 13:04 Send this review to a friend
ICOM756 PRO III  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bill was recommended to me by WB2HNP.. Bill did not
dissapoint me but repaired the CIV port and brought the output power back up to the 100watts.. All this for a very reasonable price.. I would recommend Bill and his expetise to any and all.. Thank you Bill for the quick turn around as well.. Well done!! Tom Small/K4NMR
KM4PSE Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2016 11:28 Send this review to a friend
rf concepts amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
very prompt and professional service. Very impressed with the quality of work.
KA4ZOO Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2016 20:44 Send this review to a friend
Yaesu FT-847 repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received a Yaesu FT-847 for my birthday from my brother and within a week, it developed multible problems. I was referred to Bill by AES Orlando, called and was able to hand carry my rig for repair. Great communication over phone and email with detailed description of the repairs. Bill completely cleaned the unit inside and out and repaired all problems. It looked like a new transceiver when I picked it up. I am very grateful for all the great service, fast turnaround and reasonable cost. Recommended to all.
KC8BA Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2016 14:14 Send this review to a friend
FT2000 dead rx  Time owned: more than 12 months
Rx went silent on my Yaesu FT2k. Found N4ATS's email (and perfect feedback) on this site. Sent radio to Bill and he found the problem and the cause and repaired radio very quickly at a reasonable cost. I looked at the repair with a magnifying glass and SMD soldering is EXCELLENT.
If anyone has problems I would recommend N4ATS.
WB0MHH Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2016 15:31 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First time Customer - Sent Bill my Ft-2000 that had been damaged by UPS. Bill not only does a great job with minimal turn around time and fair prices, but is also a good communicator!
If you are wondering - wonder no more!
73,Lyle WB0MHH
N5UMJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2016 04:13 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I would like to thank Bill for his outstanding and professional service. He repaired/modified my FL7000 in no time. I Highly recommend his services. Thank you.
N2ENM Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2016 06:51 Send this review to a friend
Great customer service was provided by Bill ( N4ATS )  Time owned: more than 12 months
Recently had issues my FT2000D receiver going dead twice in a two month period. Owned this radio for 4 years and was a late production model with all of the updates from Yeasu.Sent in to Yeasu and waited for over a month for repair. Radio worked for a month and went out again. I decided it was not going back to Yeasu and Bill ( N4ATS ) was recommended by a friend. Sent the radio into Bill and it was promptly fixed and returned in about two weeks. I am also a retired technician but do to poor eye site can not work on the newer equipment. As such I am very particular but how repairs are done and the neatness of them. Bill did an exceptional job ! I am quit impressed. Any repairs I need in the future will go to Bill.
KT0DD Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2015 09:32 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my TS-480HX in for a no transmit problem that developed last Field Day. Complete turnaround was about 2 weeks including shipping time & radio works fine. I went with Bill since he is an RF Engineer for Lockheed Martin so he sure knows his stuff. I recommend him for radio repair as well as his specialty with the Yaesu FL-7000 amps. Thanks Bill for a job well done.
KG4GGG Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2015 03:36 Send this review to a friend
Very Professional - Attention to Detail  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I would recommend Bill Grassa (N4ATS) to anyone. His attention to detail and little things like sealing the radios in an OEM looking bag shows how much he cares about his work.

I brought in a FT-990 and TS-140s to have checked out and aligned that I bought from a SK estate. Since they had not been turned on in 5 years I wanted to make sure they were in good working order. Bill checked them out, replaced a burn out meter light on the FT-990,aligned them, and gave me a report with the power output for each rig. The TS-140s was also very dirty and both units came back looking brand new. I was so impressed when I picked up the rigs I dropped off mine and my friends IC-706mkiis to be aligned and checked out as well.

It was was the little things that really stuck out that impressed me with Bill. From packing the radios in sealed bags (like one the radio would come in new) to the organization of his shop where he had my radios stored awaiting pickup.

I would highly recommend Bill Grassa to anyone needing their radio repaired. In fact, I did!
KB1DSB Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2015 15:05 Send this review to a friend
Honest and Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had my main VFO go out on my FT1000MP MKV. Maybe not a big problem for some hams, but I preferred to go to a reputable repair tech for help. Bill first gave me a couple of email suggestions to try. But, they did not work. I sent the rig to him and he found the problem, a shorted ribbon cable, replaced it and gave the rig a go over. With a weekend and 4 days total in hands of FedEx, I had my rig back and on the air in a week. I realize it was not a major and costly fix. But, Bill took the time to take care of it and not attempt to fleece me like some other place might. Honest, helpful and patient with my queries on the front end and great work and prompt return at a more than reasonable price.

Thanks Bill.