Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Help

Reviews Summary for N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair
N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Reviews: 183 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $65.00 per hour/ rated
Description: Radio and amplifier repair. Specializing in Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier Repair and/or Modifications
More info: http://n4ats.com/

You can write your own review of the N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair.

K4WS Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2017 20:54 Send this review to a friend
FTDX3000 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a factory repacked supposedly demo radio from a well known dealer. The rig started locking up, I thought because of big fingers hitting wrong buttons-wrong answer. It would always unlock when I hit some menu buttons but finally locked up for good. The dealer was no help, the factory was no help, but when n4ats, Bill, was recommended to me,
I got one of the best, dedicated, fairest, and nicest people to work with on this radio. He tried the factory's input but had to get this rare bird solved himself. I would recommend Bill to anyone! No one seemed to have this problem??
First of all it probably wasn't a demo but had the problem from the original buyer. Bill put a new control board in at his own expense after he thought he had it fixed the first time. I got it back the first time after he thought some solder
points were "cold" joints. He told me to send it back immediately when I got it and it locked. He put the new board in and it did the same, but he wouldn't give up. Thanks, Bill!

AA4UC Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2017 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading all the glowing Eham reviews and talking to Bill on the phone about several issues with my AL-1500 amplifier, I decided to put my amplifier in his capable care. Since he is less than 90 minutes away from me I decided to drop it off in person. The very next day Bill texted me to tell me everything was fixed and fully operational. The amplifier now indeed works perfectly! I wholeheartedly recommend N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair.

WX3P Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2016 16:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service  Time owned: months
I recently had Bill look at a radio for me. I was completely satisfied with the service, time frame, and communication.

I would highly recommend Bill to anyone!

W5WI Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2016 17:28 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased a Yaesu FL-7000 from a friend who had purchased a lot of ham gear at an estate sale. He didn't know anything about the FL-7000 but wanted to sell it and some radios to recover his cost. I purchased the amp on condition that if it was non repairable I could return it to him.

In researching repair facilities I came across N4ATS webpage. I telephoned Bill and after a few minutes of visiting with him I sent the amp to him for his normal mods and upgrades and I wanted to fix any problems he found. Bill did find a few problems beyond his normal mods. He made the repairs for a very reasonable price and he shipped the amp back to me quickly! I might add that his packing was much better than mine...

I have recommended him to several friends and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone! Thanks Bill! Dale, W5WI

KA1LA Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2016 06:41 Send this review to a friend
KA1LA  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had N4ATS repair my Tokyo Hy-Power amplifier. The company is out of business and gave N4ATS a call to see if he would to the job. I gave the Amplifier to him and one day later he sent me an e mail describing the defect and that the parts were ordered. The unit was shipped to me and in my possession one week after he looked at it! He is extremely knowledgeable , curtious and charges reasonably. My Amplifier is working like a new unit. In my fifty five years as an amateur radio operator, I have never experienced anyone like him. I would strongly recommend him for service. I was concerned of the possibility of mailing damage, Bill assured me he was experienced at this. I again, was very impressed by the way he packaged my amplifier for shipping. I don't want any of my equipment to break again but if it does, N4ATS will be the one who repairs it.

KK4ME Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2016 03:55 Send this review to a friend
AL-811 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had heard of Bill's (N4ATS) work long ago so when my AL-811 died one morning and after trying to solve the problem myself I contacted Bill and explained my problem. Based on my explanation of the amp dying on the bench, Bill assured me that he knew the problem and was eager to resolve this for me.

Living within driving distance, I opted to drop of my amp at Bill's house, hate shipping things these days.

Amp was fixed, runs like a brand new. Bill went thru the amp top to bottom and this AL-811 is like brand new.

Two thumbs up on Bill's service and communications while equipment in for repair.

Highly recommend Bill for your equipment repairs. Thanks Bill.

N4KS Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2016 17:44 Send this review to a friend
FT5k OLED replacment  Time owned: months
I dropped my FTdx5000 off at Bill's QTH to have the three OLEDs replaced. He documented his work with photos. He did a great job at a reasonable rate and with quick turn-around. I highly recommend Bill!

KI4DN Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2016 06:16 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC JOB!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I took a bad lightning strike which took out 5 radios as well as some other components and drove the 2 hours to Bill's house to drop off the radios and amps for inspection and repair.
Amazingly, he called me before I even got home and most of the repairs had already been completed. WOW!
He sent me the photos of the toasted items and believe me, the repairs were no easy job.
I even upgraded my Yaesu FL-7000 while at it.
I sure hope nothing ever happens to Bill or I'll be toast too.
Thanks

WA4HKY Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2016 13:38 Send this review to a friend
The Command Technologies Amp Guru  Time owned: more than 12 months
If I were able to give a "10" rating for N4ATS Repair- I would not hesitate! My Command HF-2500 had an intermittent problem and Bill (N4ATS) was determined to find it. He was very forthcoming and diligent to help me with the "Commander." Well, I am excited and happy to say that Bill went above and beyond my expectations. After hours of testing, dismantling, reassembling, and testing again- he was able to track down the issue and make the necessary "upgrade." This resolved the factory flaw and my Command HF-2500 is good as new! If you own a Command amp and have a problem- look no further. Bill has the expertise, skills, and equipment at his disposal to bring your Command amp back to life. This is a huge relief because I enjoy operating this amp. Just knowing of the professional support is even better! Thanks, Bill. It is a relief to know that honesty and determination still exists. You made my day. (submitted by WA4HKY on behalf of "Ed NC4JS")

K9IG Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2016 12:43 Send this review to a friend
Superb!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent my FTdx-5000D to Bill for all 3 OLEDs to be replaced. I shipped the radio to Bill on Aug 22, I received the radio back in great shape on Sept 1. Bill was great to work with, easy to catch via email. I'd do business with Bill again!