Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Help

Reviews Summary for N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair
N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Reviews: 132 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $65.00 per hour/ rated
Description: Radio and amplifier repair. Specializing in Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier Repair and/or Modifications
More info: http://n4ats.com/

You can write your own review of the N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair.

AB9SX Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2013 18:57 Send this review to a friend
Good Solid Amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased the FL-7000 after it was repaired by Bill. I have been following the instructions packed with the amp. I drive it with a FT-1000MP Mk5 in Type A mode, with a Nye-Viking Tuner. No issues for 3 years. I don't see many for sale, and none for sale with the Grassa repairs/mods. It was the best money I ever spent. I call a net for 3 hours, and never had a hiccup. Thanks Bill.

WD9DJP Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2013 11:08 Send this review to a friend
FL7000  Time owned: months
I bought a FL7000 from W8WWS of QTH. He said it had two scratches on top w/lights out. It also had the left corner ground off that he didn't mention.
I sent it to N4ATS for complete mods.
Bill called and said the amp had been dropped before shipment. Had to have new front, bottom cover, new feet, and left side as it had two right side panels.
When I got it back it was in New condition. When Bill received it 95 watts would give 300. Now I have the ALC set for 500 watts PEP. N4ATS is the best, Honest, and a asset to Ham Radio.
I wouldn't use anyone else.
WD9DJP Don Parkinson

N3CB Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2013 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Expert Advice saves a trip!  Time owned: more than 12 months
A good friend suggested contacting Bill with an FT-920 issue; intermittent failure to go into transmit. While the call (to him) was "all about" scheduling a shipment for repair, what I got from Bill was actually some advice...change the memory battery BEFORE shipping!
How crazy did that sound, the memory battery fouling TX capabilities??! Well, I followed the steps in the FT-920 Op Manual to change the button battery and the radio has been working perfectly ever since! Gotta applaud a service tech that's willing to save you the expense of shipping and service, when he's keen on an easy fix! Certainly the sign of a reputable guy. Thanks Bill!

KB1YBB Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2013 04:49 Send this review to a friend
Very Helpful to a Newbie  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I sent Bill N4ATS my Yaesu 857D (purchased used) convinced I had a malfunctioning tone circuit on the 2M band. Bill spent over 1 ½ hours performing a very thorough checkout. He called me and explained there was really nothing wrong with the radio. After asking about my antenna setup he explained what was wrong with it. Being new to the hobby I appreciated his informative, non-condescending manner. Bill is a true Elmer and a genuine asset to our hobby. The cost to learn this lesson was more than fair. He’ll be the first to get my business in the future.

N5RJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2013 15:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Expert Amplifier & Radio Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been aware of Bill's Excellent Reputation for Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier Repair for years. My Kenwood TL-922A developed some HV Arc issues so I chose to try one of Bill's FL-7000's to replace it. I saw his ad for a pristine FL-7000 and gave hime a call.The Amp arrived and is better than his description, but I discovered that my exciter (Yaesu FT-990 AC) had keying issues and couldn't key the amp. I put a call into Bill, and he said ship it to him. He repaired my FT-990 in a quick amount of time and was more than generous with his time/labor charges. Now I have a nice operating Yaesu FT-990 & FL-7000 on the bench. I plan to ship him the Kenwood TL-922A after the Holidays and have him fix it.He is up to task and a pleasure to deal with.5 Star *****
Thanks Bill,

Rusty
N5RJ

VK5DON Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2013 15:30 Send this review to a friend
Front perspex replacement.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I dropped my amplifier on one corner (They're very heavy) and smashed the perspex dial. I thought" Oh well, thats the end of that! I'll never be able to buy another one! Every time I looked it, I felt bad.
In desperation, I emailed Bill, asking if he could help me secure a replacement, (Without any real hope) and back he came :" No problem. Send me your address. You only need to pay for freight!"
After a few days, the replacement dial turned up from Bill; as good as his word. It was beautifully packed, with no chance of damage. I couldn't get it in quick enough!
What a wonderful service Bill has. He could have charged anything, and I still would have paid.
Thank you so much, Bill; you are a 'man amongst men! - VK5DON, Australia

KA8YID Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2013 19:12 Send this review to a friend
AAA+++  Time owned: more than 12 months
I recently had a lightning strike near my house that took out several items. I sent my FT-1000MP to Bill for a look-over, as it appeared the CAT unit was not functioning properly. I quickly received a call from Bill informing me in fact it was working perfectly. While there, he checked it thoroughly and had it ready to ship back in a couple days time.
I found Bill to be more than fair in his pricing and he was very prompt. I will have no hesitation sending any equipment to him in the future. What more could you want? He's fair, responsible, prompt, and just a nice guy!

KD6MYY Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2013 10:44 Send this review to a friend
excellent work and great to work with  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Guys
I purchased a used FL7000 and after reading the review on this site decided to sent it to Bill N4ATS to work his magic.
Now I am on temporary assignment out of the US But Bill worked with me and my shipper to sort thru a nightmare to get the amplifier to me. Less than a week later my new toy arrived in purfect condition along with detailed instruction on the do's and don't on how to opperate.
From the moment I loaded it up on my 40 mtr 1/4 wave vertical it took command. I'm out of the noise, I no longer hear requests from nets to relay and my audio is clean. I Can't say enough...Thanks again

VE3QZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2013 07:14 Send this review to a friend
Bill is a Tremendous Asset  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Before I purchased my FL7000 from a 3rd party, Bill gave me a review of the work he had done on it and his opinion of this specific piece of equipment. He really went out of his way to find this information and his detailed response convinced me to buy the amp. It proved to be every bit as good as he had suggested and it works without any issues (apart from an operator error) to which Bill immediately responded. I cannot sufficiently express the level of confidence I have in Bill and his work and how great it is to know such a tremendous resource is actually nearby as well as being both gracious and responsive.

W4PR Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2013 05:36 Send this review to a friend
Super person to work with  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bill has been great to work with.

I had to move all of my ham equipment because of renovations in our house. When I put it back the FL-7000 linear was not working, but the transceiver was putting out full power.

Bill and I used video Skype to figure out that a cable was missing! It took 20 minutes and I was back on the air!

Thanks again Bill.