Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Help

Reviews Summary for N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair
N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair Reviews: 189 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $65.00 per hour/ rated
Description: Radio and amplifier repair. Specializing in Yaesu FL-7000 Amplifier Repair and/or Modifications
More info: http://n4ats.com/

You can write your own review of the N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair.

AA4GT Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2017 18:50 Send this review to a friend
Repaire FT 991  Time owned: months
Bill has done work for me for 5 years and I get my radio back in 5 to 7 days. I like sending to
somone who knows what he is doing.
73 George AA4GT

KD4QMY Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2017 17:03 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service  Time owned: months
Bill, N4ATS, gets an A++ from me! My Yaesu FTDX5000MP from 2011 suffered the dreaded OLED problem which included the white vertical line in addition to the Sub-VFO becoming so dim that it was nearly impossible to see the frequency readout. I had read that Bill added the OLED replacement service a few years ago but I procrastinated to proceed with having the work done. Now July 2017 I couldn’t wait any longer. I contacted Bill via email from his website and he got back to me in a very timely manner and he recommended that I contact Yaesu to discuss the OLED situation. After a few email exchanges with Yaesu; I was in possession of three new OLEDs. I emailed Bill to let him know that I was ready for him to do the work of replacing the OLEDs. He replied within minutes and I proceeded to prepare the radio for shipping. I shipped the radio to Bill and within one day of receiving the radio he had already torn down the rig and was progressing at replacing the OLEDs. Bill emailed pictures of the parts spread out on his bench. That very same day he emailed additional pictures of the radio assembled and having the new OLEDs installed. Bill has been very courteous and his rates are very reasonable. I would absolutely recommend Bill based on my recent experience. In closing, I would like to say; “Great Job! & Thank you! Mr. Grassa!”

W4VQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2017 08:34 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding response  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Ameritron AL-1200 amplifier stopped showing HV on the multimeter. Thinking it was a power supply issue, I asked the local big-gun contester who he used for resolution of rig problems. He recommended N4ATS. I got the rig to N4ATS and he fixed it within 2 days! The problem was not in the power supply as I had thought. Thus the value of using someone who knows what he is doing for repairs.

W3SCA Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2017 12:17 Send this review to a friend
Honest!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
So Bill recently had a Tentec Titan 425 amp for sale for a friend of his. I was very interested in purchasing this amplifier but was recently scammed out a large amount of money late last year. Without knowing me, Bill took the time to box and ship the amplifier to me so I could try it out to assure it was up to spec and functioned as it was described. I tell you this really restored my faith in Ham's and that there are honest and trustworthy people out there! Thank you Bill for being a man of your word! I would do business with him again for sure!

73, Jay W3SCA

NC4CT Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2017 17:36 Send this review to a friend
NC4CT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am am a Senior citizen ham who has been inactive for a while. I sent Bill two Yaesu transceivers that had been unused for at least 10 years. I needed to have them checked out. The first was a FT-897, Bill emailed me that the unit checked out okay and was good to go. I was delighted about that. He charged his going bench rate and shipped the unit back. Next, I sent him my original radio FT-767GX which had been declared non-repairable by the yoyo's at Yaesu. It had been in storage since 2004. When Bill finished with it is just like brand new. His repair/rejuvenation was spot on and the cost reasonable and the whole experience exceptional.
I highly recommend him if want to get your equipment fixed in a timely and equitable manner.

KC9GSM Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2017 19:30 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bill Grassa, N4ATS was recommended to me by a good friend and fellow ham from the Vero Beach Amateur Radio club. I went to his website and contacted Bill and he responded and agreed to take a look at my Kenwood TS-930S and see if it could be repaired. I dropped the radio off on Friday and received a call the next morning that it was ready to be picked up. Not only was he quick but he is also very reasonable. I highly recommend using Mr. Grassa for any transceiver or Amplifier repair.

K4WS Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2017 20:54 Send this review to a friend
FTDX3000 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a factory repacked supposedly demo radio from a well known dealer. The rig started locking up, I thought because of big fingers hitting wrong buttons-wrong answer. It would always unlock when I hit some menu buttons but finally locked up for good. The dealer was no help, the factory was no help, but when n4ats, Bill, was recommended to me,
I got one of the best, dedicated, fairest, and nicest people to work with on this radio. He tried the factory's input but had to get this rare bird solved himself. I would recommend Bill to anyone! No one seemed to have this problem??
First of all it probably wasn't a demo but had the problem from the original buyer. Bill put a new control board in at his own expense after he thought he had it fixed the first time. I got it back the first time after he thought some solder
points were "cold" joints. He told me to send it back immediately when I got it and it locked. He put the new board in and it did the same, but he wouldn't give up. Thanks, Bill!

AA4UC Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2017 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading all the glowing Eham reviews and talking to Bill on the phone about several issues with my AL-1500 amplifier, I decided to put my amplifier in his capable care. Since he is less than 90 minutes away from me I decided to drop it off in person. The very next day Bill texted me to tell me everything was fixed and fully operational. The amplifier now indeed works perfectly! I wholeheartedly recommend N4ATS Radio & Amplifier Repair.

WX3P Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2016 16:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service  Time owned: months
I recently had Bill look at a radio for me. I was completely satisfied with the service, time frame, and communication.

I would highly recommend Bill to anyone!

W5WI Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2016 17:28 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased a Yaesu FL-7000 from a friend who had purchased a lot of ham gear at an estate sale. He didn't know anything about the FL-7000 but wanted to sell it and some radios to recover his cost. I purchased the amp on condition that if it was non repairable I could return it to him.

In researching repair facilities I came across N4ATS webpage. I telephoned Bill and after a few minutes of visiting with him I sent the amp to him for his normal mods and upgrades and I wanted to fix any problems he found. Bill did find a few problems beyond his normal mods. He made the repairs for a very reasonable price and he shipped the amp back to me quickly! I might add that his packing was much better than mine...

I have recommended him to several friends and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone! Thanks Bill! Dale, W5WI