Reviews Categories | Lightning & Surge Protection/Supression | Polyphaser IS-B50HN-C1 Help

Reviews Summary for Polyphaser IS-B50HN-C1
Polyphaser IS-B50HN-C1 Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $69.95
Description: VHF/UHF lightning arrestor with Type-N connectors
More info: http://www.polyphaser.com

You can write your own review of the Polyphaser IS-B50HN-C1.

K0KS Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2013 11:45 Send this review to a friend
Protection that works  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have both UHF and N connector types thru a solid grounded bulkhead. They have "saved the day" twice with strikes that caused no damage. These work better for QRO on HF than the Alpha-Delta units but are more expensive. High SWR and high power are a risk for breakdown so approach it cautiously. Breaking the gap down when on the air will cause you to be a bad neighbor across the entire band. Your linear amplifier isn't thrilled either.

K4DTC Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2007 17:23 Send this review to a friend
Good product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
We have had a lot of bad luck with lightning. So when I put up my tribander at 68 feet, I installed a Polyphaser at the base of the tower, and an ICE Products arrestor just outside the shack. So far, no problems. Either I have been lucky, or these things work great. And we have had many storms in the area. These things are cheap insurance.

N4MWY Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2007 15:34 Send this review to a friend
very good product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months

I have polyphasers at my qth installed on each of my three antennaes. Each is fed with LMR 400 coaxial cable. The polyphasers give peace of mind since I live in an area with a lot of lightning and the insertion loss appears to be virtually nonexistent. They are worth the money.

n4mwy
Herman
Mobile, Alabama

AA4HA Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2007 10:37 Send this review to a friend
Sleep good at night  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this protector on commercial and government systems for many years. I have had "1" protector fail due to lightning. On that strike it also exploded the vertical collinear antenna into chunks of fiberglass and magnetically crushed the Heliax feedline. I do suggest that this family of protectors not be installed outdoors as they are not fully waterproof. They are great as a bulkhead mounted protector or mounted indoors to a ground bus bar.

K9KJM Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2006 21:41 Send this review to a friend
Decent product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Yes, Polyphaser does make a decent product.
However, The grounding system, And even more important, Your properly BONDING of grounds is much more important for good lightning protection than the actual device used.
One of the best sites for good up to date info is: http://members.cox.net/pc-usa/station/ground0.htm

N5NPO Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2006 18:33 Send this review to a friend
I have had to replace them, but not what they protected!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The company I work for uses Poly-Phaser coax protectors exclusively. I have no idea how many 100's of these we have instaled. I do knokw that of the handfull of them that have had to be replaced, the repaeters or radios they protected suffered no damage. To me, that says it all!

VE6XL Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2006 03:21 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had some SWR problems with a previous lightning arrestor. Switching to the Polyphaser solved those problems.

SWR is not affected when the arrestor is inserted.

Hopefully I will never need it.

VE6XL