Reviews Categories | Microphones | Radio Shack "Grayline" Pro Studio Microphone # 33-3001 Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Shack "Grayline" Pro Studio Microphone # 33-3001
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $29.97
Description: Professional Studio-Grade Unidirectional Dynamic Microphone with 16' 3-pin XLR cable and Microphone Holder
More info: http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=33-3001&origkw=33-3001

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack "Grayline" Pro Studio Microphone # 33-3001.

K4CWO Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2013 12:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent audio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am using this mic with a Kenwood TS-480SAT, and it sounds superb. Transmit EQ is set on HB2, mic gain at 50, and NO PROCESSOR. Those that I have asked for an audio report have said it sounds super, and "it's a keeper". No longer in production, but will appear on EBAY/QTH at times. Mine was used but looks brand new. Mounted on a short boom with foot switch. Using a Heil Kenwood cable (3 pin connector at the mic).

W4RAR Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2008 14:27 Send this review to a friend
After hearing A/B Test I was BLOWN AWAY!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Listening to a few Guys on 75 meters one night the discussion led into microphones cost compared to quality. This fellow was running 2 different mics kept switching back and forth and ask everyone to guess which one was The High priced H brand versus the Radio Shack ##33-3001. To everyones surprise they all picked the Radio shack as the best sounding of the two.Needless to say I called my local Radio shack and secured 2 of em,I paid less than a third of the cost for one H Brand . I get great Audio reports to this day and if this one goes south I have a backup

W2HU Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2006 11:31 Send this review to a friend
Unbelievable performance rivaling the best microphones!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I originally purchased this microphone a few years ago for the then $49.95 cost. I was immediately impressed with the professional and rugged construction, non-slip rubberized body and screening, and the included 16' XLR cable with 1/4" plug at one end. A standard black plastic microphone holder is also included. Some months ago, I finally used the microphone on my HF radios and was amazed at the great and unsolicited audio reports that I received while using it on my Mark V, IC-775, Pro II, and TS-870S! Reports so good that others wanted to know the model number and price! At that time I found out that Radio Shack was discontinuing the sale of this microphone and it is now selling on closeout for $29.97! As word got out on this microphone, some stores soon exhausted supply-however, many still have them in stock-which can be checked on-line by Zip Code. On air tests have placed this microphone equal and usually better than the "Incomparable PR-40" and the RE-27. Some friends have sold their PR-40s and are using the "Grayline" along with their RE-27 for all communications. Excellent frequency response (80 to 15,000 Hz, Rugged, Beautifully made and closely matches all modern rigs! If you might be the type of person that is interested in saving $250 to $400 on a purchase of that "Dream Microphone" and gathering many unsolicited "Superb Audio Reports" get one before they are gone! You will be amazed!