Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Amp Supply Inc AT3000 Help

Reviews Summary for Amp Supply Inc AT3000
Amp Supply Inc  AT3000 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $unknown
Description: A beautiful rare tuner made by Amp Supply with Heath 2060A design and robust roller inductor and HV tuning caps. You can read about the 2060A and get same idea on how this tuner works. Amp Supply made a only few of these, beautiful red and gray front panel and gray cabinet. The roller system is smooth, meter is accurate and a balun is included inside! The 2060A is a very desireable tuner but the AT3000 is prettier and VERY rare. If you find one, buy it. Covers 160-10m and will handle at least 3 KW PEP all day. Has bypass, 2 coax outputs, longwire and twin lead positions. Wattmeter 2000/200 watt positions.

You can write your own review of the Amp Supply Inc AT3000.

M0ZMX Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2014 03:08 Send this review to a friend
A Rare Beauty   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Built like a tank, using good quality materials. A good solid performer, will handle legal limit and more.
Has stood the tests of time and passed with flying colours, I use my AT-3000 to tune a 600 ohm ladder fed doublet antenna from 160-10m , never arks or complains. As with some of the complaints with the Heathkit SA-2060 about things becoming loose, I have never experienced this. I think this is largely down to the assembler. As with all reviews of this AMU, capacitors are smooth and very repeatable, roller inductor is smooth and faultless. I have a Palstar AT5K and apart from the size difference find them on a par with each other. Of course the Palstar is bigger and heavier built but I do not have the drive to test either of them to their limit.. I have regularly tuned my Amp through this AMU and it has never been an issue.. 100w or 1000w, it's all the same to the AT-3000.
Although the Palstar has a crank handle on the roller inductor which does make setting quicker, I felt that the fact that the AT-3000 did not have a crank made for a more sedate approach to the setting which has probably been the reason for its longevity..

As far as the AT-3000 goes, I have Never seen one before so I have set the photo of my unit for the main picture. I've seen the heathkit SA2060A's but this is a real treat of an AMU. It is without doubt one of the best quality units there are, from the copper chassis to the components used a true 5.0/5
.. If you can find one you will have a special AMU for sure..

Mark (m0zmx)

K5YY Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2006 18:55 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
Equal to the Heath 2060A but rarer and beautiful color scheme. Above general data covers the basics on this tuner. IF you can find one, buy it. The parts alone are usually worth the price. Mine is excellent and does not get warm with 1 KW output key down for 5 minutes into a dummy load. Other than the Palstar AT4K, this is the prettiest tuner I have seen. Have fun trying to find one! hi