Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | M2 432-13WLA Help

Reviews Summary for M2 432-13WLA
M2 432-13WLA Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $$299.99
Description: The M2 432-13WLA is a high performance long boom beam antenna for 70cm operation. The antenna is optimized for high gain and clean pattern. It works great in stacked arrays, and is also an excellent stand alone antenna.
More info: http://www.m2inc.com

You can write your own review of the M2 432-13WLA.

LEIGH Rating: 1/5 Jan 25, 2011 08:01 Send this review to a friend
Not good  Time owned: more than 12 months
Upon use of this antenna I could not get a good SWR and my IC910 rig was rejecting the antenna and dropping the power back due to the poor matching.
When I checked it with an analyser the best SWR was down somewhere like 430 MHz. Not 432. I had to spend a significant amount of time modifying the antenna to get it right, which I shouldn't have had to do. I eventually got it good enough so that the antennas SWR was good enough at least to let my rig run full power.
When I reported it to m2 staff they actually abused me, never offered to help or send out new parts etc. Very poor customer relations.
On another matter, the booms are too flimsy and bend.
I could not recommend this antenna or company to anyone.
Meanwhile, using a different brand antenna I currently hold the VK2 distance record for 70cm @ 2651 Km.
Leigh VK2KRR

AB5GU Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2007 22:57 Send this review to a friend
WOW!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I could not be happier with this antenna. I have yet to work someone on 2 meters in a contest that I have not been able to take to 432 and gain another contact. Easy to assemble, tons of gain, what else could you want?