Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | MFJ-1717S - High Gain 144/440 MHz Flexible Duck HT Antenna w/ SM Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-1717S - High Gain 144/440 MHz Flexible Duck HT Antenna w/ SM
MFJ-1717S - High Gain 144/440 MHz Flexible Duck HT Antenna w/ SM Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $21.95
Description: MFJ-1717S is a foldover dual band flexi-duck antenna with a quality SMA connector. It gives you a hearty 2.15 dBi gain on 440 MHz and is a full size 1/4 Wave on 2 Meters. It's factory tuned for minimum SWR.
High-Q, low loss construction. 161/2 inches. Hard plastic protective safety tip. Radiator is protected by a durable synthetic rubber compound. Protected by MFJ's famous No Matter What(TM) one year limited warranty.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-1717S

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1717S - High Gain 144/440 MHz Flexible Duck HT Antenna w/ SM.

WB5MHA Rating: 4/5 Sep 10, 2006 15:04 Send this review to a friend
works well  Time owned: more than 12 months
Much better than the supplied antenna on my T81a.

KD8DEY Rating: 0/5 May 10, 2006 22:52 Send this review to a friend
Forget MFJ if you value your equipment  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the Mfj-1717 antenna a few weeks ago. recently bought one of the mfj HT swr meters to adjust the input of my little amplifier. checked the swr out of curiousity between the ht and the mfj 1717 and found the match was between 3:1 and infinity on the swr scale. and before you scoff, YES I do know how to set an swr meter. needless to say I am not about to risk my only 2m radio on this piece of junk. So far I'm batting 250 when it comes to MFJ products. out of 4 items 2 so far have been pure junk. the mfj code trainer has been great along with the HT swr meter. BUT their replacement HT mike (no wonder its on sale in the catalog) has switch problems, and the antenna......
NO MORE MFJ FOR ME
Buyer Beware

WT4M Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2006 19:10 Send this review to a friend
Awesome little HT Duck  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this little gem at the CARS Springfest in Chesapeake, Virginia about a month ago. I use it for my Radio Shack HTX-245 that I picked up cheap when they decided to get out of the amateur market. It is a low powered hand held that I had limited success using around the house, when I couldn't be sitting at a fixed station. The moment I put this antenna on, I immediately noticed an incredible performance boost. Now I can use the hand held, even when the batteries are getting low, and always make the local repeater. I previously had areas in the house that would not let me get through, but no more.
It is well made and sturdy, and for the price I don't think it can be beat!