Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | MFJ 812B Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ 812B
MFJ 812B Reviews: 5 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $34.95
Description: SWR watt meter from MFJ

You can write your own review of the MFJ 812B.

KI4GTJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2012 00:04 Send this review to a friend
Works great on 220MHz  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well as my other post says it works great now I have been able to test it out on the jetstream JT220m same antenna (sbb224) just on the 220 end SWR on 220 at 25watt is about 1.4:1 and at 50watt 1.6:1 not bad for a mag mount on a cookie sheet I only run it on 25watts or less for the way I have to use it in the apartment! The mfj-921 will be the next to test

KI4GTJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2011 12:36 Send this review to a friend
works like a champ  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
works great used it to test the SWR on the comet sbb-224 using an ft-817 on 2m with amp comes up 35w with swr 1.3:1 cant beat it on a mag mount on a cookie sheet out side

KK4BH Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2006 20:23 Send this review to a friend
Works Perfect For Me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned a MFJ-812B SWR/Power Meter for over 5 years and it has worked as it should all this time. I was looking for a inexpensive 2 meter SWR meter at a time when I was building a J-pole antenna. At that time I was using a IC-2100H and this meter made it easy to adjust the antennas SWR. Also, the forward power readings closely coincided with the 3 different power levels of the 2100H. Since then I have used this meter with a 706MK2, 746, and presently a 706MK2G without any problems. It handled the 100 watts from my 746 fine. It was also used to adjust the SWR of a Ringo Ranger 2 and check the SWR of my present antenna, a Diamond X50A.

In coclusion, I have used many SWR/Power Meters during my 45 years of hamming and find this one to perform as it should.

Ken
KK4BH

AB0RE Rating: 0/5 Apr 28, 2006 18:06 Send this review to a friend
Ditto the previous review  Time owned: more than 12 months
There are a considerable amount of reviews for this product in a different category:

I also owned this product and it is the worst piece of ham equipment I have ever laid hands on. It did not work *at all* and it caused me to ruin a couple antennas by over-trimming before I realized the problem was the 812B. The meter, no matter how much I'd trim, would not show any changes to reflected power.

I'd have dropped a brick on it but it wasn't worth causing possible damage to the brick.

Dan / ab0re

KC9GUZ Rating: 0/5 Apr 28, 2006 09:51 Send this review to a friend
Freaking POS from HE**!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
TERRIBLE!!!!
Causes my Icom 746 to fold back power to 25 watts from 100 watts on 2 meter FM!! I hooked the radio itself only to a dummy load and all was fine. Checked my jumpers and connectors all was fine. Inline between the radio and the meter the swrs on the swr meter on the 746 showed a 2.5=1 swr. I hooked my jumpers just to the rig along with my dummy load and all was well. The stupid MFJ meter causes my swrs to reflect! The SWR meter shows false SWR readings as well and the power measurements are a joke.. I cant believe a big company like MFJ contunually produces sub standard products and components to the amateur community CONTINUALLY gets away with it.. Another sad fact is they now own Hy Gain and Ameritron and from what i hear they are junking up their stuff as well.. I cringe every time i see a unsuspecting or a new ham buy MFJ stuff at a hamfest. :-(