Reviews Categories | Ham Repeater Controllers | Elektra 2000 Repeater Controller With Voice Recoder Help

Reviews Summary for Elektra 2000 Repeater Controller With Voice Recoder
Elektra 2000 Repeater Controller With Voice Recoder Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $149
Description: A very reliable and affordable controller. It has just what you need in a repeater controller. High quality voice ID messages, CW ID, courtesy tone editor for thousands combinations, 6 digital outputs, alarm inputs, extra port for link, aux input or command input. 43 commands controlled remotely using DTMF commands. Flat audio response. Constructed with high quality fiberglass. Very popular in Brazil and Europe. The commands are very easy to memmorize and even without manual in hands you will be able to take control of it. Comes with installation and operation manual as well schematics. One year warranty and full online support. Many working already in US.
More info: http://hamtronix.com.br/prestashop/category.php?id_category=6

You can write your own review of the Elektra 2000 Repeater Controller With Voice Recoder.

ZP6DEM Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2013 22:41 Send this review to a friend
Controladora fantastica.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Soy poseedor de la controladora Elektra 2000 VZ hace mas de 10 años. Funciona como si ayer la comprara. En Paraguay (ZP) hay 4 repetidoras funcionando con esta controladora y todas trabajan muy bien. Su sistema de link hace de esta controladora un punto fuerte para aprovechar. Estamos usando la Elektra 2000 en nuestra repetidora de VHF y el audio que entrega al link para nuestra repetidora de UHF es bastante limpio y claro. Algo para personalizar a la repetidora es su editor de Beeps que hace a la repetidora diferenciarse de las demás.
En 2008, en un día de tormenta, nos visitó un rayo que golpeó al CPU, CI Grabador de voz y decodificador de DTMF de la Elektra2000. Gracias a amigos de Matto Grosso del Sur Brasil (PT9) enviamos al servicio tecnico de San Pablo (PY2) y en tiempo record volvió a estar operativa nuestra repetidora por lo que parte del puntaje del review doy al excelente servicio técnico de reparacion.
Una controladora fácil de usar, segura y con todo lo que una repetidora de radioaficionado necesita.
A la hora de pensar montar un sistema de enlaces (link) de varias repetidoras recomiendo el uso de una Elektra 2000.

KD8RYP Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2012 21:06 Send this review to a friend
Great Controller  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this controller to serve my needs as a interface between my home-brew repeater using a Motorola m100 as a receiver and a Motorola GM300 as a transmitter. I had absolutely no trouble in wiring this controller up or did not encounter any issues while installing. The DTMF commands were easier to get a grasp on that what I expected and the bell's and whistles are definitely there for this controller. My favorite part about the whole controller is the Fan control output which is driving a relay I got from Radio-Shack to control my cooling fan on the transmitter. Overall, I highly recommend this controller as the customer service is excellent also.

K2EPD Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2011 09:27 Send this review to a friend
Low price great quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I came opon this controller when searching Ebay for a low cost used controller, well I got a great price and even before I bid on it I did some checking Here to find that these Elektra 2000 controllers are really decent. I went and wired it up to my repeater and must say piece of cake. Now I have worked with other controllers and own other brands but if your looking for a great controller at a great price this is the one to get. Its ease of use and ease of programming is just two of my reasons why I like it. I did however run into a small problem when I went to wire it only cause the seller from Ebay did not have all the paper work. Did a search online and found their web site. Dropped them an email and I kid you not ten (10) minutes later I had an answer. Mr Ferreira was very helpfull in getting me all that was needed to get me up and running. His support for his controller is excellent.I plan on building another repeater in the future and will definitely be buying from him.

VE2JKA Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2011 01:54 Send this review to a friend
Updated Review  Time owned: more than 12 months
Greetings, I though I would update my earlier review to reflect my current thought on this controller and the company in question.

As I stated in my earlier review ( 4 years ago) I had issues which were resolved by hamtronix with no hassles.

Since then I have purchased over 20 controllers with and with out voice and they are all running perfectly in all possible conditions you can imagine..cold, real cold, heat, busy sites, in casing, with out a case hanging from wires..you name it we have seen it..

Easy to use and quite responsive, just the right features you need for a good basic setup, link port works flawlessly.

Personnel at hamtronix are very quick to address any inquires you may have and helpful towards your projects.

I also used their echolink interface and I must say it is very good..awesome audio from any radio I attache to it, plus they prepare the interface for your radio.

Small issues that hamtronix should address for the elektra 2000.
1) audio tonality chances with volume of "beep" higher the volume the higher the audio pitch, the lower you set the "beep" volume the lower the audio pitch gets.
2) Provide option of " no courtesy or different courtesy than repeater's from port 2[link port]"
3) provide variable core activation voltage adjustment. icom F-series will not trigger active low core.

In closing, thank you hamtronix for providing us with a good clean controller that anyone can use and also thank you for your price structure. Your products are a major contributor to our products success.

N3EAY Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2009 02:35 Send this review to a friend
Simple, Super Controller  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used this controller to slap two mobiles together as a repeater. It has been up and running for over a year now without a single issue. ONE NOTE: the voice chip (ISD1420P) has become very difficult to find. You can get one for as little as $5 on the web.

WA3GIN Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2009 17:06 Send this review to a friend
Great Value Easy to Program  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I recently installed an Elektra 2000 into a Motorola MSF 5000. The board mounting holes match up perfectly with the rack mount rail screw holes just under the cooling fan tray. A straight forward cable harness can be made following the diagrams provided. A short cable (I used CAT 5)connecting the MSF 5000 J1 connector to the Elektra 2000 RS232 9-PIN port is all that is needed. The board is plug and play when provided with 12-15vdc @ 40ma (a wall wart works fine). The controller has an audio jack where you can upload from your PC one 20 second or two 10 second (or less) voice announcements/ VOICE ID.

The programming instructions are easy to follow and it just takes a few minutes to get the system ON-THE-AIR. Most of the default settings were our preferred selection with just a few tweaks for hang-time, beep-tone, etc.

I've had experience with ACROM controllers (you need a PC to survive programming these units, but the hardware is pretty good), and a couple of other controllers which were awful to program (programming was not intuitive).

So, if you find yourself with one of these MOTO relics or you already have one and would like to jazz up the announcement or ID, etc., this Elektra 2000 is a very good value for your recession dollars and a great performer ON-THE-AIR.

Lastly, the customer service is 'excellent'...emails are typically answered within 24hrs. Joao Ferreira is real communicator who is also a repeater trustee -- he uses what he sells!

dave wa3gin
Trustee W4AVA\W4KGC

WV6H Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2007 17:19 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Value!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This controller works excellent and I am very pleased! Simple to get running. Pretty much "plug and play." I just ordered two more of them! I interfaced it to a CAT RLS1000B Port Extender I had for some time, and now I have 3 repeater ports and one link port. The audio is great! Quality level pots. Voice recorder works nicely. Robust features for an inexpensive controller. Last but not least, manual is informational and customer support is very good. I highly recommend this controller.

VE3TLI Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2007 15:13 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Controller  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Good unit well made with good quality circuit board.
Had no problems hooking it up on a and programming functions and voice on a UHF repeater system.
Excellent value for the money and I would order another one the next repeater I build.

VE7EJP Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2007 20:59 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hello,

This is a great Repeater Controller.

It has 2 ports and will work as a Repeater with a link port or as a X-Band Repeater. It will also work as a Simplex Repeater.
A lot of functions but very simple to use.

Fred