Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | Don Daso, K4ZA Help

Reviews Summary for Don Daso, K4ZA
Don Daso, K4ZA Reviews: 145 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Within Reason
Description: Tower Works: That title says it allóif you need tower work done, from installation to repair, I can probably help you! With 53 years of ham radio experience, Iíve worked on most every size & make of tower/beam, & specialize in Rohn guyed-towers (25, 45, 55G, etc.). Have a solid mechanical & engineering background (NCJ contributing editor), along with all the necessary skills & tools to install, take down, or repair your system, whether itís 20 or 200-feet high. Reasonable rates, good reviews, & ability to travel.

k4za@juno.com 704 408 7948

More info: http://www.k4za.com

You can write your own review of the Don Daso, K4ZA.

N1NDM Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2016 11:45 Send this review to a friend
Thorough, Knowledgeable and Competent Antenna/Tower Installer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I first met Don when I read his book, "Antenna Towers for Radio Amateurs" an ARRL publication. As I read, I quickly became educated about towers and their construction. Because of his detailed writing and my inexperience, it became obvious to me that he was the guy I wanted to put up my 65 ft. tower and antenna. Don was thorough in his work and educated me on the details and maintenance of my tower. With his experience of antennas and several suggestions, I chose a Force 12 6BA, 12 element multi-beam Yagi. In the process of assembly we encountered a couple of missing pieces and assembly instructions which he quickly resolved. Don is personable, flexible and fair. Plus, he tells it, as he sees it. He is my tower/antenna guy for the future. Don't hesitate to contact Don.

KB4C Rating: 4/5 Jun 19, 2016 10:01 Send this review to a friend
Good work, reasonable.  Time owned: months
Don had to make two trips to get it all done but did so in a short time. Came when I couldn't get it done locally.

W2AY Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2016 08:11 Send this review to a friend
satisfied customer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I asked Don to reinstall my 3 monobanders on the tower. also replacing the thrust bearing, and rotor from tailtwister to Orion 2800
My project kept Don busy. Don is very antenna & tower knowledgeable He worked the project in a very professional way & timely manner. Yes, I will ask Don to work on future antenna projects.

KJ4UYW Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2016 16:50 Send this review to a friend
Tuskegee University UHF/VHF Station  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dear eHam Community,

I'd like to take this opportunity to express my sincere gratitude to Don Daso, K4ZA for an excellent installation job at Tuskegee University. We had a lot of bits and pieces lying around - some decades old and some recently acquired - and had limited knowledge of how to put this all together. K4ZA was very knowledgeable and quite a "handy man" and it would have been very challenging to get this done with "professional installers". Our UHF/VHF station is now fully functional and may be so for years to come unless we do something silly.

I'd like to specifically mention that although K4ZA is very professional, his generosity outweighs it. When I communicated with K4ZA that as an academic institution we were limited in our funds, fabricated many items to bring together our station and for the most part did not charge us. If there is any scope of setting up similar facilities at TU or elsewhere, I will most certainly seek K4ZA's assistance.

Thank you and congratulations for a job well done.
73...
KJ4UYW

KB5CW Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2016 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Super guy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don probably forgot more about towers and antenna's that most of us ever knew! He is very much about "doing it right". He went the extra mile because I got a tower top section that would not take the normal accessory shelf so he had to modify it which took several days extra. If you want it done right at a reasonable price then he is your man.

KZ5ED Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2016 12:04 Send this review to a friend
Repair 6 Element Quad  Time owned: more than 12 months
Don came up last year to repair a 6 element quad that had been ruined in a wind storm. He replaced the boom and mast with newer heavy duty material he fabricated. He then modified the tower and guys to help support the antenna properly. The work was extremely difficult due to the type of tower and terrain. He tackled the work efficiently and effectively through all the challenges that kept appearing. I am happy to recommend his services and would use him again for this kind of work.

N9JKP Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2015 19:44 Send this review to a friend
New Tower and LPDA install  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I decided to put up a tower and a couple of LPDAs I began my research on the best tower that would satisfy our family's criteria (no guy wires says the XYL). I got Don's book (excellent resource and now that Don has been here I need to reread it to better understand what he said and did while he was here). After reading his book, reading the reviews here I decided I need Don to plan the erection of my tower (80'HDD from AN Towers) and getting the two Tennadyne antennas (T-28 and T-14) placed. I could not be happier. Thankfully when we ran into a situation where we needed some part to keep thing moving along, Don went to his cargo van and had the right part, we never missed a beat.
N9JKP

K8SL Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2015 15:19 Send this review to a friend
Repair of antenna and rotor installation at K8SL  Time owned: more than 12 months
A few months ago I started to have problems with my antenna and rotor combination. I could not control the antenna direction with my rotor. I called Don Daso and he came over a couple of days later with his big van filled with everything needed for repair of all tower or antenna problems. He quickly fixed the problem and also made a check of the tower, guywires etc and gave me recommendations for fixes. Don is very knowledgeable and highly professional and most certainly I will call next time I have tower or antenna problems. Thanks so much Don!

N4UP Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2015 05:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Work at a Fair Price  Time owned: more than 12 months
About 18 months ago K4ZA Don Daso installed my 72' motorized crankup tower with a Tennadyne 10-element LPDA for 10-30 meters.

Yesterday Don was back for a maintenance visit. As always --- an excellent job at a fair price.

W4RKO Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2015 04:24 Send this review to a friend
Antenna Work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don did a great job replacing and installing new antennas on my tower. It was not the easiest of jobs, however Don handled it like the pro that he is. Great to work with. Highly recommend.