Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | Don Daso, K4ZA Help

Reviews Summary for Don Daso, K4ZA
Don Daso, K4ZA Reviews: 127 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Within Reason
Description: Tower Works: That title says it allóif you need tower work done, from installation to repair, I can probably help you! With 45 years of ham radio experience, Iíve worked on most every size & make of tower/beam, & specialize in Rohn guyed-towers (25, 45, 55G, etc.). Have a solid mechanical & engineering background (NCJ contributing editor), along with all the necessary skills & tools to install, take down, or repair your system, whether itís 20 or 200-feet high. Reasonable rates, good reviews, & ability to travel.

k4za@juno.com 704 408 7948

More info: http://www.k4za.com

You can write your own review of the Don Daso, K4ZA.

WA4JUK Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2014 16:27 Send this review to a friend
Tower with antenna installation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don recently directed the installation of a 48 foot HDBX tower for me WA4JUK. He provided knowledge and hard labor to get the job completed. It was a family type project. My son, grandsons and I worked under Don's direction from start to finish. The weather was cold but up the tower Don went. He was asked to finish putting the 20 meter mono in place and operational in time for the 2014 CQ WWDX CW and he did, but it was close as the tower sections just did not cooperate all the time. 602 QSOs on 20 meters were worked with the new set up. I would recommend Don.

KS4DE Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2014 15:12 Send this review to a friend
Professional Antenna Install  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My site presents a real challenge as it is on the side of a steep slope and is well treed. Don and Joe assembled, tuned and mounted a rotor, Mosley Yagi and a UHF/VHF Vertical on my Rohn 45 Tower. All work was very professional and I look forward to DXing! I would highly recommend them!

W3PAL Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2014 14:16 Send this review to a friend
Don made this happen.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been procrastinating about installing my Pro67b and a 70 ft. tower for many years. Unfortunately I could not get it done by myself due to having back problems.
I found Don through positive reviews here on eham.net. He is local and this was a big plus as well.
Don and Joe did a great job installing my new 70 ft. tower and later my Pro67b antenna.
He was always on time and very flexible to accommodate my schedule. He and Joe did not waste any time and got to working right away and used their time very efficiently.
He was able to find several used tower sections, hard line coax and a few other items I needed at a very reasonable cost. He can also make custom brackets, adapters etc. in his shop. He saved me a lot of money this way.
He always had all the tools with him to get the job done in a timely manner. He even had a small portable Honda generator to power his tools.
I also like the fact that he carries a lot of small hardware, adapters, you name it... I did not need to run to a hardware store even once, like you do with many other contractors.
I also learned a lot of tips and tricks from him and have been thinking about purchasing a book that he published through ARRL.
I would highly recommend Don K4ZA to anyone who wants a job done quickly and at a reasonable cost.

You can see a picture of the antenna he installed on my QRZ page.
Andre, W3PAL.

WR2K Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2014 03:34 Send this review to a friend
install antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don & Joe did a great job of installing my Sommer antenna on my tower. Don has all the equipment, knowledge and experience to do the job correctly.

N3ARL Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2014 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Great job redoing my tower  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don did a great job redoing my tower. He took down all the unused antennas and cables and completely re-built it back up including a new rotor and mast. Don also had recommendations for replacing the old heliax and rotor cable. I would definitely recommend Don to anyone needing tower work. His rates are very good too.

WA2TWA Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2014 04:39 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don and Joe finished putting up my US Tower TX 455 and 3El SteppIR yesterday The installation is beautiful and everything works as it should.
I highly recommend Don Daso for any Tower or antenna work you may need to have done.
Mal WA2TWA

N4YZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2014 10:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don and Joe replaced my 25 year old Hygain TH-7 installation with a Moseley Pro 67-C-3 on my 90 foot Rohn 25 tower along with new guy wires and top section. Very knowledgeable installers. It is truly a pleasure to have an excellent antenna in the air. I would recommend Don and Joe to anyone who wants the job done correctly for a fair price.

W4TUG Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2014 07:03 Send this review to a friend
Removal of SteppIR 3 element  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don is simply a masterpro at tower and antenna work.
He has the equipment, skill, and knowledge to get the job done with a reasonable charge. Thankfully, I live near Charlotte and Don was at the QTH the day after I inquired. I will use Don again for any serious tower/antenna work.
Tug, W4TUG

K4GLC Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2014 16:17 Send this review to a friend
Great service   Time owned: months
Don and Joe took down a 75 ft Rohn 25 tower with antennas for me today. They do good work at a reasonable price. I highly recommend them.

4X8MP Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2014 03:11 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service, Friendly and knowledgeable   Time owned: months
I recently had Don over to do some long delayed maintenance on my rotor and some wire antennas.
Don was quick to respond to my initial inquires and was very helpful in explaining needed work.
I was pleased with his excellent work, as well as his very careful and safe manner on the tower.
I will gladly have him work on my antennas in the future, and recommend him without any reservations.