Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | Don Daso, K4ZA Help

Reviews Summary for Don Daso, K4ZA
Don Daso, K4ZA Reviews: 121 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Within Reason
Description: Tower Works: That title says it allóif you need tower work done, from installation to repair, I can probably help you! With 45 years of ham radio experience, Iíve worked on most every size & make of tower/beam, & specialize in Rohn guyed-towers (25, 45, 55G, etc.). Have a solid mechanical & engineering background (NCJ contributing editor), along with all the necessary skills & tools to install, take down, or repair your system, whether itís 20 or 200-feet high. Reasonable rates, good reviews, & ability to travel.

k4za@juno.com 704 408 7948

More info: http://www.k4za.com

You can write your own review of the Don Daso, K4ZA.

N4YZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2014 10:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don and Joe replaced my 25 year old Hygain TH-7 installation with a Moseley Pro 67-C-3 on my 90 foot Rohn 25 tower along with new guy wires and top section. Very knowledgeable installers. It is truly a pleasure to have an excellent antenna in the air. I would recommend Don and Joe to anyone who wants the job done correctly for a fair price.

W4TUG Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2014 07:03 Send this review to a friend
Removal of SteppIR 3 element  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don is simply a masterpro at tower and antenna work.
He has the equipment, skill, and knowledge to get the job done with a reasonable charge. Thankfully, I live near Charlotte and Don was at the QTH the day after I inquired. I will use Don again for any serious tower/antenna work.
Tug, W4TUG

K4GLC Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2014 16:17 Send this review to a friend
Great service   Time owned: months
Don and Joe took down a 75 ft Rohn 25 tower with antennas for me today. They do good work at a reasonable price. I highly recommend them.

4X8MP Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2014 03:11 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service, Friendly and knowledgeable   Time owned: months
I recently had Don over to do some long delayed maintenance on my rotor and some wire antennas.
Don was quick to respond to my initial inquires and was very helpful in explaining needed work.
I was pleased with his excellent work, as well as his very careful and safe manner on the tower.
I will gladly have him work on my antennas in the future, and recommend him without any reservations.

N3OC Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2014 14:04 Send this review to a friend
job done right  Time owned: months
Had Don & crew over for some repairs on tower #2 and I couldn't be happier. Well equipped, knowledgeable, and very reasonable rates.

Highly recommended.

WG5H Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2014 09:23 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Job  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After being inactive a number of years, I decided to put up towers and antennas I could only admire earlier in my HAM life. I called Don, described what I thought I wanted, he was quick to tell me exactly what I needed. I ordered 120' of 55G for the HF tower and 60' of 25G for the VHF tower and antennas he recommended. I'd recommend anyone with intentions of tower projects to buy Don's book ' Antenna Towers for Radio Amateurs'. Most of my questions were answered in the book. With the installation in deep South Texas miles from anywhere it was important to get it right before Don, Joe and the crane arrived. I maybe set a customer e mail record with Don covering every detail of the project. Each and every time a quick response and clarity for me. We had the bases and guy posts in when Joe and Don arrived. We fought heat, wasps and a million horse flies but the job was completed in perfect order. Walked in the shack and couldn't quit working DX while Don and Joe were loading the truck.
These guys are safe and do great work.
Curt Fletcher
WG5H

N3US Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2014 02:54 Send this review to a friend
He Knows His Stuff  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In planning my future Rohn 45G tower installation at my new QTH, Don visited my QTH and provided consultation services. He was awesome and gave me some excellent recommendations on hardware to purchase, installation of guy wires on sloping terrain, foundation design, etc. I had never liked breaking of EHS guy wires but always had done this. Don explained that breaking up guy wires is not necessary unless I had stacked arrays shooting through the guys. He advice was based on his practical experience with hundreds of towers. This will result in a better and far less guying system at my new QTH. Don knew that due to scheduling, I would be using one of his competitors for tower erection but he was still most professional, polite, and friendly.

AE4VJ Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2014 18:27 Send this review to a friend
Very Helpful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I asked Don to come over and help me figure out how and where to guy my Rohn 45G. He was able to come down two days later on a Sunday morning and right on time. He had some good suggestions and after talking for a little bit I remembered some 4 1/2" 21' pipe I had. He said that would be perfect for what I was wanting to do. The front guy anchor was to be placed on a slope and he recommended an elevated guy point for that and how high I should make it. He also provided me with 3 equalizer plates to be welded to the pipe for a VERY reasonable price and put me in contact with someone who could drill the holes quickly and at a great price. I appreciate him taking time to come by lend me some of his expertise. I thought it was a nice gesture of him "giving back" and that everything wasn't about the money. He does seem to lean toward a perfectionist, but I think that's what you're looking for in someone installing either a few hundred or several thousand dollars worth of antenna equipment. I am 100% happy and would recommend him for your tower project even if you want to do the work yourself...its always a good idea to get a professional opinion!

N4UP Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2014 05:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Work at a Fair Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What can I say that hasn't already been said? Don and Joe do excellent work at a fair price. Their experience, expertise, and work ethic are priceless. They solve problems well and really understand what they are doing ( and take the time to help me understand ).

My first serious tower project.

Details --- They installed my new HDX472 motorized 72' crank-up, Orion rotor, and Tennadyne T10.10-30HD LPDA. They also did the foundation, 17 yards of concrete. They made sure everything was working properly, and indeed, everything works very well.

W1MBB Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2014 18:22 Send this review to a friend
Knowledgable professionalable   Time owned: months
Don has helped me erect several large yagi arrays and has come up with clever workarounds that would have halted many others. Don gets the job done! A+