Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | Don Daso, K4ZA Help

Reviews Summary for Don Daso, K4ZA
Don Daso, K4ZA Reviews: 150 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Within Reason
Description: Tower Works: That title says it allóif you need tower work done, from installation to repair, I can probably help you! With 53 years of ham radio experience, Iíve worked on most every size & make of tower/beam, & specialize in Rohn guyed-towers (25, 45, 55G, etc.). Have a solid mechanical & engineering background (NCJ contributing editor), along with all the necessary skills & tools to install, take down, or repair your system, whether itís 20 or 200-feet high. Reasonable rates, good reviews, & ability to travel.

k4za@juno.com 704 408 7948

More info: http://www.k4za.com

You can write your own review of the Don Daso, K4ZA.

W7SW Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2017 15:42 Send this review to a friend
Don was very helpful  Time owned: months
Don K4ZA generously volunteered very helpful information to me which made the tower project I am working on much much easier. This guy is great and certainly deserves a 5 out of 5 rating. I highly recommend that you consider hiring Don to help with your tower and antenna projects.

AC8LJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2017 18:28 Send this review to a friend
Thanks Don!!  Time owned: months
Don is incredible! Professional, patient, focused, and importantly, flexible: he revised his busy schedule to help my father (NI4E), me, and family remove a 35+ year old 25G. Several problems surfaced, not the least of which involved a couple of stubborn sections that just would not budge. Though the day was one of the hottest this season, we were all so impressed with how Don remained cool and collected throughout -- pulling from a wealth of knowledge to creatively solve each obstacle with the kind of expertise that only comes from someone who has done this work for a very long time. We were in good hands, to be sure. And I'm so glad that my brothers and I didnít do this work unattended (which was one of the original plans, hi hi)! Thanks Don - you saved the day!

K2XN Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2017 18:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent work  Time owned: months
The Tower Works crew stayed with my antenna project through several setbacks and weather delays. Don Daso continues to make the right calls, and Joe Barkley is solid on the climbing and rigging side. They lowered a Pro 57 and wove back up my new JK MidTri 40 through tight tree clearance. The work is excellent and Don is not hesitant to make suggestions or point out potential problems. I recommend the Tower Works without reservation.

K4MD Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2017 06:40 Send this review to a friend
Done Professionally !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the utmost respect for the experience and professional effort Don puts into his work. I recently had storm damage on my antennas, and Don was my first choice of who to call for the work to be done. His wisdom borne of experience is priceless, but his costs are very fair. I would be remiss not to mention Joe Barkley, who is Don's workmate on many of Don's projects. Excellent team and very pleasant to work with! I love to quiz Don on his work because I always learn from him. If you ever have need of a tower related fix, don't hesitate to call Towerworks!!! You will be very pleased!!!

W3LL Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2016 03:51 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a SteppIR MonstIR which weighs almost 250 pounds and a Prop Pitch rotator weighing 50 pounds. Both needed to come down from an AN Wireless 90' tower and later put back up onto the tower.
Don did an outstanding job in first assessing the situation followed by superb execution. The rotor followed by the antenna came down nicely with the antenna sitting on two saw horses.
After maintenance by me Don returned to reinstall both rotor and antenna.
I'm exceptionally happy with the success of this project under Don's leadership and will unconditionally recommend his tower services to anyone.

Bud W3LL

N1NDM Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2016 11:45 Send this review to a friend
Thorough, Knowledgeable and Competent Antenna/Tower Installer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I first met Don when I read his book, "Antenna Towers for Radio Amateurs" an ARRL publication. As I read, I quickly became educated about towers and their construction. Because of his detailed writing and my inexperience, it became obvious to me that he was the guy I wanted to put up my 65 ft. tower and antenna. Don was thorough in his work and educated me on the details and maintenance of my tower. With his experience of antennas and several suggestions, I chose a Force 12 6BA, 12 element multi-beam Yagi. In the process of assembly we encountered a couple of missing pieces and assembly instructions which he quickly resolved. Don is personable, flexible and fair. Plus, he tells it, as he sees it. He is my tower/antenna guy for the future. Don't hesitate to contact Don.

KB4C Rating: 4/5 Jun 19, 2016 10:01 Send this review to a friend
Good work, reasonable.  Time owned: months
Don had to make two trips to get it all done but did so in a short time. Came when I couldn't get it done locally.

W2AY Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2016 08:11 Send this review to a friend
satisfied customer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I asked Don to reinstall my 3 monobanders on the tower. also replacing the thrust bearing, and rotor from tailtwister to Orion 2800
My project kept Don busy. Don is very antenna & tower knowledgeable He worked the project in a very professional way & timely manner. Yes, I will ask Don to work on future antenna projects.

KJ4UYW Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2016 16:50 Send this review to a friend
Tuskegee University UHF/VHF Station  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dear eHam Community,

I'd like to take this opportunity to express my sincere gratitude to Don Daso, K4ZA for an excellent installation job at Tuskegee University. We had a lot of bits and pieces lying around - some decades old and some recently acquired - and had limited knowledge of how to put this all together. K4ZA was very knowledgeable and quite a "handy man" and it would have been very challenging to get this done with "professional installers". Our UHF/VHF station is now fully functional and may be so for years to come unless we do something silly.

I'd like to specifically mention that although K4ZA is very professional, his generosity outweighs it. When I communicated with K4ZA that as an academic institution we were limited in our funds, fabricated many items to bring together our station and for the most part did not charge us. If there is any scope of setting up similar facilities at TU or elsewhere, I will most certainly seek K4ZA's assistance.

Thank you and congratulations for a job well done.
73...
KJ4UYW

KB5CW Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2016 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Super guy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don probably forgot more about towers and antenna's that most of us ever knew! He is very much about "doing it right". He went the extra mile because I got a tower top section that would not take the normal accessory shelf so he had to modify it which took several days extra. If you want it done right at a reasonable price then he is your man.