Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | Don Daso, K4ZA Help

Reviews Summary for Don Daso, K4ZA
Don Daso, K4ZA Reviews: 150 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Within Reason
Description: Tower Works: That title says it allóif you need tower work done, from installation to repair, I can probably help you! With 53 years of ham radio experience, Iíve worked on most every size & make of tower/beam, & specialize in Rohn guyed-towers (25, 45, 55G, etc.). Have a solid mechanical & engineering background (NCJ contributing editor), along with all the necessary skills & tools to install, take down, or repair your system, whether itís 20 or 200-feet high. Reasonable rates, good reviews, & ability to travel.

k4za@juno.com 704 408 7948

More info: http://www.k4za.com

You can write your own review of the Don Daso, K4ZA.

KZ5ED Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2016 12:04 Send this review to a friend
Repair 6 Element Quad  Time owned: more than 12 months
Don came up last year to repair a 6 element quad that had been ruined in a wind storm. He replaced the boom and mast with newer heavy duty material he fabricated. He then modified the tower and guys to help support the antenna properly. The work was extremely difficult due to the type of tower and terrain. He tackled the work efficiently and effectively through all the challenges that kept appearing. I am happy to recommend his services and would use him again for this kind of work.

N9JKP Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2015 19:44 Send this review to a friend
New Tower and LPDA install  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I decided to put up a tower and a couple of LPDAs I began my research on the best tower that would satisfy our family's criteria (no guy wires says the XYL). I got Don's book (excellent resource and now that Don has been here I need to reread it to better understand what he said and did while he was here). After reading his book, reading the reviews here I decided I need Don to plan the erection of my tower (80'HDD from AN Towers) and getting the two Tennadyne antennas (T-28 and T-14) placed. I could not be happier. Thankfully when we ran into a situation where we needed some part to keep thing moving along, Don went to his cargo van and had the right part, we never missed a beat.
N9JKP

K8SL Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2015 15:19 Send this review to a friend
Repair of antenna and rotor installation at K8SL  Time owned: more than 12 months
A few months ago I started to have problems with my antenna and rotor combination. I could not control the antenna direction with my rotor. I called Don Daso and he came over a couple of days later with his big van filled with everything needed for repair of all tower or antenna problems. He quickly fixed the problem and also made a check of the tower, guywires etc and gave me recommendations for fixes. Don is very knowledgeable and highly professional and most certainly I will call next time I have tower or antenna problems. Thanks so much Don!

N4UP Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2015 05:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Work at a Fair Price  Time owned: more than 12 months
About 18 months ago K4ZA Don Daso installed my 72' motorized crankup tower with a Tennadyne 10-element LPDA for 10-30 meters.

Yesterday Don was back for a maintenance visit. As always --- an excellent job at a fair price.

W4RKO Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2015 04:24 Send this review to a friend
Antenna Work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don did a great job replacing and installing new antennas on my tower. It was not the easiest of jobs, however Don handled it like the pro that he is. Great to work with. Highly recommend.

K4MK Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2015 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Great work - as always  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Don recently completed my 80 meter antenna project, which involved removing the yagi that he had installed 10 years ago, and replacing it with a tower mounted wire four square system. Both the removal of the yagi and the installation of the new antenna went smoothly.I have been very well pleased with the work that Don has done for me over the past 15 + years. Anyone looking for antenna or tower work to be done in a safe and professional manner would find Don to be an excellent choice.

NE3Z Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2015 08:28 Send this review to a friend
Well Prepared  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Don is a great guy and really knows his way around towers and antennas. His knowledge of the various antenna companies and their products and management was equally impressive. He can give you tried and proven advice when it comes to your project.
If you want your job done right give Don a jingle.

NK4P Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2015 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Tower work and beam installation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After many months of seeing my C4E set on the ground on sawhorses I contacted Don to see what arrangements I could make to have him venture out into Hoosier land for some work at my QTH. Summer weather with its hot temps and thunderstorms make scheduling a challenge but we hit it lucky last weekend and my beam is now on the tower and fully operational.

Don brings a wealth of knowledge and experience plus a truck that must have every tower tool, gadget, pulley, sling, etc. known to mankind! His work was very professional and he solved some technical issues with the beam and still completed all of the work right on schedule and budget. My only wish is I had contacted him long ago...

KI4M Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2015 19:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent tower work  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have dealt with Don several times with requests for help on a couple of installations. He has offered sound and professional advice. We have bought/sold items from each other as well in the past. He is a great resource and his prices are very reasonable for the services he provides. I would recommend him for any tower services you may need performed.

W9ZR Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2015 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Great Job!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don stopped by my QTH on the way home from Dayton and took care of a few issues with my antennas. He was very professional and did a great job.