Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | Don Daso, K4ZA Help

Reviews Summary for Don Daso, K4ZA
Don Daso, K4ZA Reviews: 145 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Within Reason
Description: Tower Works: That title says it allóif you need tower work done, from installation to repair, I can probably help you! With 53 years of ham radio experience, Iíve worked on most every size & make of tower/beam, & specialize in Rohn guyed-towers (25, 45, 55G, etc.). Have a solid mechanical & engineering background (NCJ contributing editor), along with all the necessary skills & tools to install, take down, or repair your system, whether itís 20 or 200-feet high. Reasonable rates, good reviews, & ability to travel.

k4za@juno.com 704 408 7948

More info: http://www.k4za.com

You can write your own review of the Don Daso, K4ZA.

K4MK Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2015 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Great work - as always  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Don recently completed my 80 meter antenna project, which involved removing the yagi that he had installed 10 years ago, and replacing it with a tower mounted wire four square system. Both the removal of the yagi and the installation of the new antenna went smoothly.I have been very well pleased with the work that Don has done for me over the past 15 + years. Anyone looking for antenna or tower work to be done in a safe and professional manner would find Don to be an excellent choice.

NE3Z Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2015 08:28 Send this review to a friend
Well Prepared  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Don is a great guy and really knows his way around towers and antennas. His knowledge of the various antenna companies and their products and management was equally impressive. He can give you tried and proven advice when it comes to your project.
If you want your job done right give Don a jingle.

NK4P Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2015 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Tower work and beam installation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After many months of seeing my C4E set on the ground on sawhorses I contacted Don to see what arrangements I could make to have him venture out into Hoosier land for some work at my QTH. Summer weather with its hot temps and thunderstorms make scheduling a challenge but we hit it lucky last weekend and my beam is now on the tower and fully operational.

Don brings a wealth of knowledge and experience plus a truck that must have every tower tool, gadget, pulley, sling, etc. known to mankind! His work was very professional and he solved some technical issues with the beam and still completed all of the work right on schedule and budget. My only wish is I had contacted him long ago...

KI4M Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2015 19:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent tower work  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have dealt with Don several times with requests for help on a couple of installations. He has offered sound and professional advice. We have bought/sold items from each other as well in the past. He is a great resource and his prices are very reasonable for the services he provides. I would recommend him for any tower services you may need performed.

W9ZR Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2015 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Great Job!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don stopped by my QTH on the way home from Dayton and took care of a few issues with my antennas. He was very professional and did a great job.

KI4DH Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2015 07:20 Send this review to a friend
VERY PLEASED  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
DON RECENTLY REPLACED MY G6-440 ANTENNA HE ALSO
REPLACED MY TURN BUCKLES, ADDED GUY WIRE PLATES
AND PUT THE EXACT TENTION ON THE LOOSE GUY WIRES.
DON IS A VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE TOWER TECHNICIAN.
HE DID THE WORK IN A TIMELY MANNER AND THE PRICE
WAS REASONABLE.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DON DASO FOR ANY TOWER WORK.

K4SQR Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2015 06:49 Send this review to a friend
Another FB experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
Learned the hard way high winds were too much for a Ham IV to hold a T-12 LPDA.
Don, K4ZA to the rescue and pulled the rotor and replaced it with a T2X.
I feel fortunate Don was available rather than being out of town on a large multi tower install!
Thanks again for a job well done Don.

WL7EF Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2015 18:11 Send this review to a friend
Very Knowledgeable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had dreamed of a tower for many years but just was not sure how I would fit it on my lot. I read Don's book but still needed help so I decided to go to the expert.

Don gave me helpful advice each step of the way and came up with some creative solutions for my specific situation. I wish I had called Don sooner because he answered many of my questions right away and I probably would have had the tower up much sooner.

I am confident that the antenna repairs and equipment Don provided will last for many years because he insists on quality materials.

Richard
NC4EF

WA4JUK Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2014 16:27 Send this review to a friend
Tower with antenna installation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don recently directed the installation of a 48 foot HDBX tower for me WA4JUK. He provided knowledge and hard labor to get the job completed. It was a family type project. My son, grandsons and I worked under Don's direction from start to finish. The weather was cold but up the tower Don went. He was asked to finish putting the 20 meter mono in place and operational in time for the 2014 CQ WWDX CW and he did, but it was close as the tower sections just did not cooperate all the time. 602 QSOs on 20 meters were worked with the new set up. I would recommend Don.

KS4DE Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2014 15:12 Send this review to a friend
Professional Antenna Install  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My site presents a real challenge as it is on the side of a steep slope and is well treed. Don and Joe assembled, tuned and mounted a rotor, Mosley Yagi and a UHF/VHF Vertical on my Rohn 45 Tower. All work was very professional and I look forward to DXing! I would highly recommend them!