Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | Don Daso, K4ZA Help

Reviews Summary for Don Daso, K4ZA
Don Daso, K4ZA Reviews: 147 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Within Reason
Description: Tower Works: That title says it allóif you need tower work done, from installation to repair, I can probably help you! With 53 years of ham radio experience, Iíve worked on most every size & make of tower/beam, & specialize in Rohn guyed-towers (25, 45, 55G, etc.). Have a solid mechanical & engineering background (NCJ contributing editor), along with all the necessary skills & tools to install, take down, or repair your system, whether itís 20 or 200-feet high. Reasonable rates, good reviews, & ability to travel.

k4za@juno.com 704 408 7948

More info: http://www.k4za.com

You can write your own review of the Don Daso, K4ZA.

N4XO Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2012 07:50 Send this review to a friend
The Best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Don is always reliable and professional. In my case, he moved me up on his busy schedule due to an emergency situation. His attention to safety and details are unsurpassed. He has done several tower jobs for me, and I would not hesitate to use him again or recommend him for ANY tower project.

Dave, N4XO

W4AG Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2012 17:56 Send this review to a friend
Great work with short notice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The sale of my house required a quick tower removal. Don went the extra yard to rework his schedule so he could get here and take down the antenna and the tower, which he did with considerable efficiency. His price was reasonable, and the site ended up looking like it had never had an antenna on it. I will definitely call him when I am ready to install the tower and antenna on the new site.

KI4TZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2012 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Good dealings all way around  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been know Don for many years and have never had a bad dealing. Just picked up a nice AZ/EL rotator system from him and a fold over 25G system. Had great advice on present installation here as well. AAA+++. Highly recommend. He knows his stuff!!!!

W4HJZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2012 19:57 Send this review to a friend
Tower Takedowns  Time owned: months
Don, K4ZA just finished taking down two towers for me.
A 64 foot Rohn 25G foldover, and a 64 foot Rohn-Spaulding self supporting. These towers had been up for 40 years and were no longer being used.

He brings to the job extensive knowledge, the correct equipment, and the correct tools.
Because of this he is able to work efficiently and productively.
His rates are reasonable. It means you get your moneys worth and the work is done safely and correctly.
I was completely satisfied and highly recommend him.
Carl W4HJZ

K7DUG Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2012 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Purchase and Delivery 89' Crank Up Tower  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Good experience working with Don. He answered all my questions and emails very promptly and was up front about the details on my project. And last but not least, The Tower was delivered carefully and safely. I am very satisfied with the cost of his services and would not hesitate to do business with him in the future.

K4RV Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2012 06:06 Send this review to a friend
removal of crankup tower  Time owned: months
This is the second tower Don has removed for me. I was pleased that my 89 foot Tri-Ex crankup was gently handled and laid over carefully onto his trailer. Without Don's work I could never have completed the job. His experience and common sense in handling towers was worth every penny - and his price was good!

I'm looking forward to Don installing a large tower for me in the future.

Tom K4RV

W4UNP Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2012 05:32 Send this review to a friend
Antenna Remove/Install  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don did a great job on my antenna project for a very reasonable charge. He had good suggestions on all the details and explained the "why" of the suggestions. Would not hesitate to recommend him to do your tower work. Bill W4UNP

KF3B Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2012 17:48 Send this review to a friend
Super job in tough conditions  Time owned: more than 12 months
I asked Don and John, W2GD, to take down an M2 20M6-125 from its 182 ft high location. About 8 feet below it on a K0XG ring was a 15M6-125. Both Don and John were familiar with the station having been here before often.

But neither Don, John or I had expected the work to be performed in 20 mph winds with 35+ mph gusts. Well, the day started off relatively calmly and the boys rigged the 20M6 for tram line removal. About five minutes before the last securing u-bolt was removed, the wind picked up.

We had two other able helpers on the ground so the five of us pressed on. If there had been any even slight error in the rigging, we would have had a mess.

The happy end of the story is that the heavy and long antenna came down in difficult conditions without any problem. (We did utter the occasional curse word, however.)

Then Don and John proceeded in windy conditions to replace the 15M6-125's faulty balun. Not an easy job in any conditions.

They were on the tower for at least six hours. The weather was less than ideal. They got the job done safely and efficiently. Great work guys!

They've been here before often, but not so impressively that I felt obliged to praise them publicly. This time they earned it.

N4TG Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2012 10:23 Send this review to a friend
Fine work.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Don (and an able assistant) came by last Sunday (on the way back home from a job in West Tennessee) and took down my TH7, slopers, mast, thrust bearing and rotator from my tower. They had been up over 20 years and were in poor shape. The work went quickly and efficiently. I've already shipped off my rotator to the person Don recommended and we discussed my plans to go back up with a 5 band beam. Don will be back when I get the new beam and put it up along with 3 slopers, the mast, rotator and associated cables. Looking forward to it!

WA4PKD Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2012 07:52 Send this review to a friend
Great service at a reasonable price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had just received my Zero Five ground plane, so I called Don to help with the installation. Since he lives close by, Don came over one afternoon to scope things out. He suggested the best and least costly installation of attaching a pole to an existing 4X4 post. Don recommended the appropriate coax to order and told me to call him when it came in. Meanwhile, I got laid up in the hospital for a while and was instructed not to bend or climb ladders. When the coax came in, I contacted Don to help get the antenna in the air. When he came over, all I had was the antenna still in the box and 100 feet of coax. Don, did all the work. All I did was watch and hand him tools. He not only assembled the antenna and put it on a pole that he furnished, Don buried the coax and trimmed some limbs that were in the way. After making the connections, Don came inside the shack to make sure that everything worked ok.

I was expecting a large bill, but he was very reasonable. I will definitely call on Don again when I need expert antenna help. I highly recommend him for any antenna project, big or small.