Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | Don Daso, K4ZA Help

Reviews Summary for Don Daso, K4ZA
Don Daso, K4ZA Reviews: 150 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Within Reason
Description: Tower Works: That title says it allóif you need tower work done, from installation to repair, I can probably help you! With 53 years of ham radio experience, Iíve worked on most every size & make of tower/beam, & specialize in Rohn guyed-towers (25, 45, 55G, etc.). Have a solid mechanical & engineering background (NCJ contributing editor), along with all the necessary skills & tools to install, take down, or repair your system, whether itís 20 or 200-feet high. Reasonable rates, good reviews, & ability to travel.

k4za@juno.com 704 408 7948

More info: http://www.k4za.com

You can write your own review of the Don Daso, K4ZA.

K4ESE Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2012 10:54 Send this review to a friend
Thanks again, Don  Time owned: months
This was my third dealing with Don over the last 15 years. As always, he was a man of his word, on time (actually a little early), did a great job, left no sign that he had even been here, and his prices are low.

WX3B Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2012 12:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Tower/Antenna Project Professional  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have known and worked with Don Daso for the past 10 years. His attitude, knowledge, work ethic and passion for tower and antenna projects is top notch.

I am an enthusiastic station leader/operator at the K4VV super-station in Paeonian Springs, VA, a station that was built and maintained by Don over the past 6 years. In addition, I am aware of the station building Don has recently done at the NR5M and K9CT super stations.

Besides exemplary tower and antenna construction projects, Don is also an avid amateur radio operator and contester. I have enjoyed being his contesting team-mate at W3LPL many times. This is not just Donís chosen career, he actually LOVES this stuff!!

Don has also answered countless personal emails that relate to my own station building and projects for others. Don has personally advised me on guying methods, tower installations, antenna choices, etc. and it was great to see his information also exists in his recently published book.

His rates are quite reasonable and he often consolidates his travel into geographic areas so his Clients benefit by sharing some of the travel expenses.

If you have an antenna tower/construction project, Don Daso is an excellent choice!

Jim Nitzberg WX3B

W0YR Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2012 07:31 Send this review to a friend
Superior work, advice and knowledge  Time owned: more than 12 months
I want to thank and recommend Don, K4ZA. He was the one that did all the assembly and installation of the 19 yagis on four different towers at K4VV's super station in VA. For the past 6 years I have been the principal maintainer of the station. Don has been back several times and his work, advice and knowledge have all been "top-drawer." Besides all this, Don is an all-around great guy. I would heartily recommend Don Daso to anyone needing help with their antenna projects -- large or small. Mike Lonneke W0YR Round Hill, VA

N4XO Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2012 07:50 Send this review to a friend
The Best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Don is always reliable and professional. In my case, he moved me up on his busy schedule due to an emergency situation. His attention to safety and details are unsurpassed. He has done several tower jobs for me, and I would not hesitate to use him again or recommend him for ANY tower project.

Dave, N4XO

W4AG Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2012 17:56 Send this review to a friend
Great work with short notice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The sale of my house required a quick tower removal. Don went the extra yard to rework his schedule so he could get here and take down the antenna and the tower, which he did with considerable efficiency. His price was reasonable, and the site ended up looking like it had never had an antenna on it. I will definitely call him when I am ready to install the tower and antenna on the new site.

KI4TZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2012 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Good dealings all way around  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been know Don for many years and have never had a bad dealing. Just picked up a nice AZ/EL rotator system from him and a fold over 25G system. Had great advice on present installation here as well. AAA+++. Highly recommend. He knows his stuff!!!!

W4HJZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2012 19:57 Send this review to a friend
Tower Takedowns  Time owned: months
Don, K4ZA just finished taking down two towers for me.
A 64 foot Rohn 25G foldover, and a 64 foot Rohn-Spaulding self supporting. These towers had been up for 40 years and were no longer being used.

He brings to the job extensive knowledge, the correct equipment, and the correct tools.
Because of this he is able to work efficiently and productively.
His rates are reasonable. It means you get your moneys worth and the work is done safely and correctly.
I was completely satisfied and highly recommend him.
Carl W4HJZ

K7DUG Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2012 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Purchase and Delivery 89' Crank Up Tower  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Good experience working with Don. He answered all my questions and emails very promptly and was up front about the details on my project. And last but not least, The Tower was delivered carefully and safely. I am very satisfied with the cost of his services and would not hesitate to do business with him in the future.

K4RV Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2012 06:06 Send this review to a friend
removal of crankup tower  Time owned: months
This is the second tower Don has removed for me. I was pleased that my 89 foot Tri-Ex crankup was gently handled and laid over carefully onto his trailer. Without Don's work I could never have completed the job. His experience and common sense in handling towers was worth every penny - and his price was good!

I'm looking forward to Don installing a large tower for me in the future.

Tom K4RV

W4UNP Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2012 05:32 Send this review to a friend
Antenna Remove/Install  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don did a great job on my antenna project for a very reasonable charge. He had good suggestions on all the details and explained the "why" of the suggestions. Would not hesitate to recommend him to do your tower work. Bill W4UNP