Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Maldol HFC Help

Reviews Summary for Maldol HFC
Maldol HFC Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Shown as mobile vertical antenna on the notice. Monoband HFC-20, HFC-15,...

You can write your own review of the Maldol HFC.

2E0HTS Rating: 4/5 Jun 4, 2007 10:37 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned HFC20, 40,and 80 and all i can say is that the 20m one has worked HS, VK, ZL and many USA, South American and European Stations with big signals.

The HFC40 also works well into Europe from the UK.

The HFC80 is giant Dummy load and works best as a coat hanger leave this one alone!

M0MJH Rating: 4/5 Dec 7, 2006 04:11 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have both the Maldol HFC20 and 40. They are great aerials for what they are! I regularly use the 20m one with great results. People nearly fall off their seats when I tell them how big my aerial is for 20m. UK-USA... no problems! Ok, I don't use it as my main aerial (I use a 2.5m long monoband whip for that), but for a small discreet aerial that will give you great results its the dog's danglies! I don't often use the 40m one but it is still quite good, I'd have to give that one a 3/5.

Anyone who rates this as a 2 obviously has something wrong in the setup of it. Try getting a better grounding system sorted out and it will work!

XV2PS Rating: 2/5 May 2, 2006 21:51 Send this review to a friend
Mobile? I would not.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought HFC-20 (20M) and 15 (15M) not because I wanted them, but because that was all available.

Japanese notice shows it as mobile.

Total length: barely a meter included around 20cm++ of rigid coil. Pretty short.

The coil: does not allow to be bent. And 20cm++ on the roof usually can suffer some branches,...
The "cooling wings" at the top of the coil seems specially designed to hook branches, lines,...
Rated 120W continuous, coil heats from 50 watts.

The short whip can only catch the signals such a short whip can catch.

The tuning is rather easy and does not require to cut the whip as this one glides into the coil top part.

I would be very careful using this anywhere else than on a clear highway.

If some can use it as portable, than I am happy for them. Can be dismantled and stored in a medium travel case.