Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | G4ZLP Multiface CAT control Help

Reviews Summary for G4ZLP Multiface CAT control
G4ZLP Multiface CAT control Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $50
Description: CAT interface for most tranceivers plus special cables for most rigs
More info: http://www.g4zlp.co.uk

You can write your own review of the G4ZLP Multiface CAT control.

M0XGB Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2013 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Delivers as promised straight from the box.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased this unit to interface HRD with an FT2000...took just a few seconds for the unit to instal drivers (Windows 8) and subject to an adjustment of the Baud Rate on the rig linked with HRD instantly. Excellent service from G4ZLP interface arrived within 24hrs by return post. This is my second purchase from this supplier and can highly recommend. If you are having issues remember the old adage which used to be published by Kodak....when you tried everything else, please read the instructions....

SV9AND Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2013 21:05 Send this review to a friend
tnks  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
buy YAESU CT62 CAT INTERFACE and KENWOOD USB IF232 CAT INTERFACE, performing faultlessly. Many thanks for the quick and excellent service

N9LVS Rating: 2/5 Feb 6, 2013 12:54 Send this review to a friend
Unit Defective  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received the unit, USB port detected the device, but no operation to the radio. After a few emails back and forth with Neil, We tried it on another radio with another computer, Still no operation. Purchased another cable from a different manufacture online and it worked right out of the box, only thing was the new cable had no switch on it. Which Neil's has and the reason I purchased it in the first place.

When I then contacted Neil as to what I had found out. I was basically back handed with comments about having poor computer skills and not knowing how to use a computer properly. Even though by then he know I own a IT company and had interfaced many radios before. For many other hams in the local area. I'm sure Neil's technical skills are very good but his customer service skills are poor at best.

KG8JF Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2012 06:28 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I take exception with the last review. I am not sure what the reviewer was expecting. It is very difficult to make a silk purse from a sow's ear. That is not to infer that the product is a sow's ear. It just is what it is, a circuit contained within an enclosed box with a few LEDs on it to indicate some function. Here is why I praise the series of devices made by G4ZLP. I picked up a refurbished desk top computer to use in the shack. it contained a defective Prolific chipset that was used for the USM/Serial interface. The device I purchased from G4ZLP provided a another chipset that gave me the proper com port that I needed.

Yeah, it is a pain emailing back and forth across the Atlantic. But once you get it up and running the pain is forgotten.

G7VKX Rating: 0/5 Sep 4, 2012 04:57 Send this review to a friend
Crude  Time owned: more than 12 months
Poorly constructed with cheap components, heck I'm gonna stick to products made in the States from now on in. Period!

W3UTD Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2006 09:08 Send this review to a friend
Plug and Play!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I ordered the DigiMaster Dual channel USB MultiFace for my Yaesu FT-857D. It was shipped within a few days, I had it running CAT and all digimodes within 10 minutes. In fact it took longer to open the package and plug in the cables than it did to get everything working. Two virtual comports all controled via one USB cable, no external power supply required, it does everything, CAT control, CW keying, FSK, AFSK, PSK .... I have it working with Logger32, MixW. Awesome product with excellent customer service.

KG8JF Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2006 04:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed HAM RADIO DELUXE on the chance that it would be fun to use. After a few hiccups, I got it going. After occupying the CAT/Linear jack with CAT commands going to the computer, I realized that I could not use my amplifier. Neil came to the rescue with a USB interface that connects between the mic jack on the radio and the USB on the computer. Not only does this work, it also frees up the the CAT/Linear jack for the amp switching signal. Great, simple and elegant. Thanks Neil

G6CNQ Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2006 01:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent and simple  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a solution to controling the FT897 while using the CAT port for an ATU and was about to make an interface for the mike socket when I noticed a posting about this unit on our Ham Radio Deluxe forum.

I ordered the unit on a Monday and it arrived Wednesday first thing - Very fast service considering it was a public holiday on the monday.

I purchased the multiface unit which provides two virtual com ports from the USB connection together with the mike lead for the FT897. Litterly plug and play, it was up and running with HRD in minutes.

Neil is very responsive to questions and I can certainly recommend his products and services