Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | Mental Block Buster III Help

Reviews Summary for Mental Block Buster III
Mental Block Buster III Reviews: 5 Average rating: 2.8/5 MSRP: $27.95
Description: No matter what they said about you -- You can copy Morse code! You can pass the Theory -- No matter how dark your experience has been. It is true. Some things in life are naturally hard, but CW & Theory are hard only if you believe they are. When it comes to code and theory, you could do it the hard way, or you do it the easy way -- it is easy when you use Success Easy Hypnosis Tapes!
More info: http://www.success-is-easy.com/cwtop.htm

You can write your own review of the Mental Block Buster III.

W2DDG Rating: 2/5 Jul 13, 2014 19:26 Send this review to a friend
Distracting  Time owned: more than 12 months
I get the idea behind it, and it could work, but there is too much distraction in the audio . breathing, lip smacking, beverage drinking sounds, reverb off the "studio" walls, err and ahhh type of pauses during the delivery. I would say he needs to clean up his audio and get a voice coach. it's kind of irritating to listen to the course.

AF6PI Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2011 11:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using code since getting my ticket in 2008. I have tried every trick out there. ALL of them work. If you apply yourself, you can learn the code. Your not going to learn by trying it once or twice and expect to learn it. This program teaches you to relax and enjoy learning the code. I have learned to relax and enjoy coping. Give it a shot. Check my QRZ logbook for those who doubt.

WB0OEW Rating: 2/5 Jul 6, 2010 06:42 Send this review to a friend
some good suggestions but no real effect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've known code for 50 years, been a ham for 40, enjoy CW but just can't get over 20 WPM. I decided to purchase Block Buster III as a set of MP3 downloads to see what they were about. I read the booklet and tried to follow everything with an open mind. The first hour of the tapes contain no code at all, just good suggestions about attitude such as "imagine yourself as a great operator", "relax and enjoy the code", "copy behind" etc.

But the key premise of the tape is that your subconscious mind is far more capable than we suspect. The best way to copy code is trust the subconscious mind to do the real work. To get to this point, the tape asks you to sit in a chair in a very relaxed state, and in particular relax your eyes so they feel so heavy they won't open. Then in that state you listen to the code to train the subconscious, not your analytical mind.

Well, I get the idea and it even seems plausible to some degree but for me it didn't work at all. My eye lids never felt heavy in the least, so I guess I never was training my subconscious. All I heard was some very simple code practice. I've never tried hypnosis, maybe a live person could get me into the right state, but it never happened from the tapes.

In summary, the suggestions about a positive attitude are fine, but overall it was pretty much a waste for me.

M0NBY Rating: 4/5 May 4, 2006 08:35 Send this review to a friend
Worth a go  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had the MBB3 for several months now and feel like I am making progress. It has helped me to change the way I think with regard to Morse.

Only critisms are the quality of the audio on CD there is a huge tape hiss.

It can be cleaned up by a high end bit of software like adobe auditions (cool edit) and I must send the company my cleaned up version.

You do need to take the course seriously and be committed to change the way you think. It can work.

W7SPK Rating: 1/5 May 4, 2006 05:25 Send this review to a friend
What the heck?!?!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Okay, I admit! I got desperate! I was having a hard time learning code and was buying just about every gimmic to "learn code quick!" Besides making me fall asleep, it didn't do anything. I guess you're supposed to still do your normal code practice tapes along with this and you'll learn faster, but 5 years later I still havent learned it (I know! Practicing only 3 times a year wont cut it!). Save your money, buy a arrl tape. Practice with friends. Wait till the FCC gets rid of CW requirements. Just dont buy this. :-) I give it a 1 as a great sleep aid. 73 - W7SPK