Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | LaCrosse Atomic Clock With Hands Help

Reviews Summary for LaCrosse Atomic Clock With Hands
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 3.4/5 MSRP: $20 at Frys
Description: Real clocks have hands
More info: http://Various

You can write your own review of the LaCrosse Atomic Clock With Hands.

K2OWK Rating: 3/5 Aug 4, 2013 21:34 Send this review to a friend
Very large atomic clock  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Very large analog atomic clock. Easy to read dial and numbers. I have vision problems that's why I bought it. Its easy to set and of coarse keeps perfect time. The big problem is (to me anyway) is the inability to set and have the clock auto adjust to UST (GMT). I called the company and they said it is only settable to the four US time zones. This is not a major problem as it is easy to calculate UST, but it would sure be nice to be able to set it to world time. Lacrosse recommended one of their digital clocks which can be set to UST, but they are harder for me to see.

NT4I Rating: 2/5 Mar 20, 2013 14:02 Send this review to a friend
Lacking  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased the clock brand new, installed a new battery and after many days...the clock failed to sync up with the radio signal. I had to manually set it and regularly adjust to get the correct time. A call to the factory service center was useless and ineffective. NO I am not in the basement were the signal can not be received, but on the third floor with the clock mounted to an outside wall. Save your money and buy a cheap Wal-Mart clock with hands.
It would be great if it worked right, but it just doesn't perform as advertised.
SAVE YOUR MONEY!!

NG9D Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2011 07:05 Send this review to a friend
Nice Clock  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I didn't read the instructions(!)and had tried to use a 1.2V Ni-MH rechargeable battery. When I replaced 1.2V Ni-MH rechargeable with 1.5V ALKALINE battery the clock immediately set itself to the correct time; hour, minute and second -- using a daytime signal from the VLF 60 kHz WWVB broadcast Fort Collins 54 kW transmitters and their top loaded 122m high monopole antennas w/ "helix house" tuners.

And yes, the instructions clearly say use an ALKALINE 1.5V battery. So note to Phil: I would appreciate it if you would remove my earlier review. This is a nice clock for the shack!

NG9D Rating: 2/5 May 18, 2011 04:16 Send this review to a friend
10" Accurate to the Second?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Yes, automatically sets itself to the second, but the hour hand is six hours off.

It is like the Chinese clock maker put the hand on 180^ from the correct position.

Easy for me to do the math, since it is a 12 hour format, right now it is 12:16, check that... 06:16.

Maybe will try one from Walmart.

NS6Y_ Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2006 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Nice functional clock  Time owned: more than 12 months
Real clocks have hands. I had some old clock I got at goodwill and it worked OK but I lack the willpower to reset it for each change in Daylight Savings Time. So, I had a ham friend over and we talked for hours and then he looked at the clock and said, "IS THAT RIGHT?????" because he thought it was an hour later than it really was. I told him it's actually an hour earlier, and he was relieved. But then I was embarassed, so the next day I got this clock at fry's, the inimitable LaCrosse Atomic Clock With Hands. For 20 bucks. It's great, the only thing is, this last changeover it didn't change an hour for the daylight savings time. I finally gave up and put it on Colorado time. I'll change it back to California time the next change.

Nice and big and easy to see, I can even read the sucker with my bad eye. W00t!