Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Microham Digi Keyer Help

Reviews Summary for Microham Digi Keyer
Microham Digi Keyer Reviews: 25 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: DIGI KEYER™ is a powerful All-In-One USB interface for amateur radio digital mode operation including RTTY, PSK31, MFSK, Olivia, WSJT, SSTV, APRS, PACKET, EchoLink and many others.

DIGI KEYER™ includes a rig control interface for all supported radios (Elecraft, Icom, JRC, Kenwood, Ten-Tec, and Yaesu), an internal Stereo sound chip using standard Windows Sound drivers, as well as independent PTT outputs for both LNA and Power Amplifier control.

Package contains: DIGI KEYER™, CDROM with drivers, control software and manual, USB A-B cable 2m (6.5ft) long, and one radio cable (specify your radio).

More info: http://www.microHAM-USA.com/Products/dk.html

You can write your own review of the Microham Digi Keyer.

W9RVR Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2008 16:46 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using this interface for over a year and it is the best I have seen. The quality of the equipment is well beyond excellent and the service from the US rep, Joe Subich W4TV sets the standard everyone else should meet.

If your tired of dealing with multiple serial ports and less than quality equipment look no further, the Digi Keyer is the answer.

I have had no compatibility problems and have been able to set up all of my favorite software to work through this interface.

If you have questions, a quick answer is only an e-mail away.

RUSS324 Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2007 08:37 Send this review to a friend
The Best!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Excellent interface. I have had mine for 10 months and have used it on my 746 Pro and 756 Pro 3. Works great and is first class. Why would you buy anything else.

IW2CZG Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2007 15:13 Send this review to a friend
Excellent interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This interface card it's wery well buildt starting from the PCB and ending to the hi-quality interconnecting cables.
Set it for your favourite rig (jumpers included), install the software and go ON AIR.
Knobs to adjust TX and RX levels are very convenient and lets you adjust immediately the right amount of signal you desire.

Audio functionality is provided via the internal sound card, so you can forget to plug the audio minijack to your soundblaster. Very convenient.

Software provided (device router) may looks little complicate at the beginning, but in reality adds great flexibility to your operations.

Last, but not least, there is the automatic firmware update procedure.

Jozef OM7ZZ provides outstanding real-time support, even in "strange" hours. All my respect and my appreciacion for a kind of customer support that should be the reference for all the manufacturers.

I tried this interface in conjunction with my FT-817 and my Miracle Antenna but I experimented RF return that made fail the experiment.

This is not my first computer interface and it's definitely the best one I own.

K5SM Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2007 18:53 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality and super support.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The DigiKeyer is an impressive bit of engineering and an incredibly flexible addition to my station. Even more impressive than the DigiKeyer itself is the support offered by Microham USA. The US support representative responded to my email questions quickly and worked with me patiently and persistently for several days (including a Saturday and Sunday) to resolve a connection problem that turned out to be my radio. Though I have been an active ham since 1961, and have owned lots of gear over the years, Microham's support is easily the best I have ever seen. Microham has earned my admiration and loyalty.

KB3I Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2007 15:15 Send this review to a friend
Great product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Excellent quality product that delivers. The included rig specific cable kit makes set up a breeze. The front panel control for transmit level is a blessing. Works great with HRD and PSK31Deluxe.

73 - Ira KB3I

NM1R Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2007 14:16 Send this review to a friend
A delight!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
There is not much that I can add to what has already been said. I gave myself one as a "Christmas present" and am using it with MixW version 2.18 software. Setup was smooth. The well-written manual comes on a cd. I found it convenient to print a hard copy.

WB7TXG Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2006 18:11 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading the reviews on eHam I purchased one from microHam USA. Quick shipment, excellent packaging, cables are pro quality.

> Setup was a breeze
-- The included microHam USB Router is foolproof and makes the whole interface easy to setup, easy to add other software, etc.

> Support
-- I sent an email to Joe at about midnight and the next morning at 0500 I was blown away to find a response from Joe including a file attachment that was specifically for my rig, keyer, and logger32 software

-- The support is by far the absolute best I've seen in 28 years of being a ham!

I'm impressed with the way the new interface works. It made all the difference in the world with the on board sound card versus my PC sound card. Weak signals are now easily copied.

LA8KHA Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2006 01:10 Send this review to a friend
"GREAT"  Time owned: months
For a none english speaking ham it was a bit of strugle to understand the manual and settings.But after an è-mail from my true hero:W4TV Joe Subich who supported me with images how to do it right, up against my rig(Yaesu FT-1000D)it`s just fun using it.Must be one of the best interface on market.NOT CHEAP BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY IF YOU ASK ME.GO FOR IT !

DK5EW Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2006 06:15 Send this review to a friend
Great interface - superb soundcard  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I want to inform how the DigiKeyer and its build in soundcard performs for lowlevel signals at EME and Meteorscatter with the software WSJT by K1JT.

I tested the DigiKeyer past weekend 11.11.2006 at the ARRL international EME contest on 144 MHz.

The DK's build in soundcard is dramatically less noisier than my comparison with a soundblaster audigy. That can be well seen in the software included waterfall diagram. That will give you better decodes: I had for the first time with the DK's soundcard a signal decode at -33 dB !! That's what the software theoretical can decode - never had it before with the sb audigy.

The connection to the usb2 port is very fast and a must be because wsjt left you only 8-10 sec. time to decode.

Also there is no noise via the usb port seen - if there is it would be seen also at the waterfall.

It is a real fun to setup signal in/out with the DK and it's soundcard; no more searching for right soundmapper settings.

At all I can reconommend the DK all EME and Meteorscatter enthusiast. It's much better than any soundcard I have tested and I did much.

Hope this info will help some for a decision for the DK.

vy73's Erwin/DK5EW

Homepage: http://www.dk5ew.de

DL2SBA Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2006 05:54 Send this review to a friend
Great device and easy to use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It was a struggle inside me...300EURO for a digital interface.

But is must say; its worth every cent. I bought it at WIMO/Germany.

Realy simple out of the box installation. Plugged the audio cable in the IC756, the USB cable in the notebook, installed the software and all my HAMware runs fine with it:

- Swisslog
- Digipan
- MMTTY
- MMSSTV
- Logger32

I like the analog control at the DigiKeyer - no ominous MixerSettings, straight forward and reproducable.

The router software also works fine on my WinXP with Bluetooth und USB serial ports.

Never got any complains about my signals!