Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Kenwood TM-701a Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood TM-701a
Kenwood TM-701a Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $$549.00
Description: Dual-Band 2m/70cm mobile. Very compact. Same chassis as TM-231a/431a series and shared many accesories.

You can write your own review of the Kenwood TM-701a.

VA3SAX Rating: 4/5 Mar 26, 2007 08:19 Send this review to a friend
limited memory  Time owned: months
This rig is a great little piece of work. clean design, fairly user friendly. I picked mine up used and the wideband mod and the cross band repeater mod was already performed on it when I received it. both seem to work however the crossband mod is not terribly useful since it can only work simplex it cannot to shifts for using single band repeaters through it. The quantity of memories leaves a little to be desired which is the reason I could not give the rig 5 on 5. it is difficult to store all the frequencies that you use given only 20 slots.

N5NPO Rating: 4/5 May 7, 2006 04:50 Send this review to a friend
Lot of radio in its day for the size!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got one of these for the family car back in the early 90's. It was on sale for $399.00. I loved the looks and features of the rig. It's small size was also a plus. The 25w limit on both bands was not a problem. I did the cross-band repeat mod and the wideband mod to listem to public service. It was all in all a great little rig. The only reason I didn't give the rig a 5 was because every once in a while without reason or warning, the radio would loose it's memories. I would not hesitate to own another one...