Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | NTE U 105 Help

Reviews Summary for NTE U 105
NTE U 105 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $54.95
Description: Small TV, CB, Ham rotator
3 Sq FT max windload

You can write your own review of the NTE U 105.

WB4RTP Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2014 17:20 Send this review to a friend
Great inexpensive antenna rotator  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the U-106 version, which is the same rotator with a fancy controller, with the TB-105 thrust bearing, to use with a Wellbrook loop (see my review of the Wellbrook ALA 330S). The loop is on a ten-foot TV mast mounted on the U-105, with the TB-105 thrust bearing about 4 feet above the U-105 at the top of the same mast as the U-105. I had to cut off the tab that the U-105 has to hang off the top of a mast so it would mount below the top of a mast. The TB-105 thrust bearing transforms the U-105 from a good light weight to a serious contender.

KB9NGX Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2014 12:32 Send this review to a friend
Great Rotator. Excellent value.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this rotator for about nine years. It has been, without any problem, turning a vertically mounted, thirteen element two meter yagi. Through the worst of seasonal weather. Including winds, which severely damaged nearby trees.

K9FON Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2008 18:23 Send this review to a friend
WORKS!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these rugged litle workhorses a few years ago to turn a 2 meter yagi. When we moved to our house i put it up on the roof to turn a Cushcraft 148 20T and a 3 element 6 meter beam. When i took them down i put up a 30' push up pole with a 2 element triband HF beam. Here last fall we put up a TV antenna array and well, you guessed it, up went the U 105!!! After all these antennas and different windloads the little rotator still work great!! I now have another up on the roof mounted to a chimney turning a Avanti Moonraker 4 10 meter beam but i also have a thrust bearing just above the rotator for added support. We will see how well the rotator works under the stress of a larger antenna!!!

KI4MYD Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2006 12:56 Send this review to a friend
Second and Strong  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have actually owned two of these: one for our television antenna, and one purchased for the ham antenna.

The one we're using for the television antenna has been running strong for going on probably 3 years now, and that's with daily use (we don't have cable here). Because of how well it's held up, I purchased the same one to turn my Cushcraft 2M 10 element beam.

This rotor can handle a great load with ease. The beam weighed 6lbs and it was up around 40 feet with a 6' turning radius and the high winds from a couple storms never phased it.

Great rotor and worth every penny.

KC9GUZ Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2006 12:31 Send this review to a friend
Good little rotor  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had this rotator up for 6 mo. back when i lived in town. I had it up 36' on top of a push up pole and had a 5 ele beam 2 m and a 2 meter verticle. The rotator worked well for what it is and i never had any problems. The only gripe I have is it needs resynchronised every so often but other than that its a decent rotator!