Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | RadioWavz G5RV Mini Help

Reviews Summary for RadioWavz G5RV Mini
RadioWavz G5RV Mini Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $25.00
Description: A 40-10 meter dipole. Assembled with a 16 foot 300 ohm twin lead stub, with direct SO-239 hookup.
More info: http://www.radiowavz.com

You can write your own review of the RadioWavz G5RV Mini.

KC2WOU Rating: 4/5 Feb 27, 2013 19:27 Send this review to a friend
proven  Time owned: more than 12 months
218 countries worked so far on 6-40

outboard tuner flat on all bands even tunes up on 80 at the lower part of the general band....

W8FOP Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2010 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Super Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have limited space on my property so I purchased this antenna as I was unable to hang a full size G5RV.

The performance is great on all bands 40-6. The quality is top notch and the price is definately a value for the performance you get.

I was so impressed with this antenna that I then purchased the Radiowavz 80 meter shorty dipole.
This again is another solid performer if you have limited space to errect an antenna. This antenna performs like a full length dipole for 80m.

Radiowavz designs and builds some fine antennas that will perform beyond your expectations. Radiowavz is without question a first class company!

AD4C2006 Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2006 12:18 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna for small space  Time owned: months
I have been using this small version of the famous G5RV of 52 feet long for 3 months now but I still have my two bazookas built by this same company,one for 40 and one for 20M.The day I put up this G5RV Jr at only 20 feet over the backyard betwen the power pole and a fiberglass pole I had,I was really surprised to see how well it receives,comparing against my two bazookas,A/B switching,the G5RV is just 2 db higher in noise than the other ones,now performance,even the SWR is about 2.5 or less in all bands,after tuned with the radio builtin tuner(IC-756Pro3) the received signal reports is like this:
40M : the bazooka sounds little stronger than the G5RV Jr
20M : The G5RV Jr sound much stronger than the bazooka.
17M : I have no other antenna for comparison but the reports received in Europe and South America are very good.
15,12 and 10 M are closed in my area.
In general the antenna works very good in spite of been short,for the fear price you pay for it its an excelent option for small spaces.Its well built,and easy to tune.Radiowavz as usual made a good product.
I add something to this antenna to avoy possible RFI and TVI,a RF isolator made by Spi-Ro and perhaps thanks to it its that it don't make any TVI on any of my TV sets at home neither the neighboors,neither RFI on my radio even with the 1KW amp on.

KB2QQM Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2006 21:57 Send this review to a friend
Great Deal  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased this dipole last week at AES, who just started carrying this product line. I installed this antenna in my attic at about 20', facing broadside N/S.
It is not heavily constructed, but for the price and it being in the attic...I thought it was a great deal. The antenna is 51 feet long comes with a 16 foot piece of 300 ohm ladder line connected to an SO-239, so you directly connect it to your coax..PL-259. Instead of buying a balun. How can you beat a G5RV with direct coax connect for $25?...well I guess I could have made it myself....in a couple of hours...but with a 2 yr old running around the house, my $25 was well spent.
I let the FT-1000 tuner...do it's deal...and sent out a CQ on 30 meters.. I was running 25 watts CW.. F0/N6JA (French Polynesia) came back to me.
Gave me a 449....I sent a 339. Not bad for an attic antenna in Wisconsin !