Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Kessler Engineering, Don Kessler KI6SZ Help

Reviews Summary for Kessler Engineering, Don Kessler KI6SZ
Kessler Engineering, Don Kessler KI6SZ Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Specializing in Repairs and Modifications to the Kenwood TL- 922/A HF Linear Amplifier.

NOTE: No longer doing the TL-922/A repairs and mods.

You can write your own review of the Kessler Engineering, Don Kessler KI6SZ.

N0XWR Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2014 05:12 Send this review to a friend
TL922 Mods  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Although Dr. Kessler no longer modifies TL922 amplifiers personally, he offers the modifications for purchase to add to your own amplifier in kit form. The kit components are of the highest quality. The improvements include QSK via a vacuum relay, soft start, soft key, electronic bias and LED's for meters and standby/transmit lights. The instructions are excellent with much detail and great pictures. Check out his website for the pdf of the instructions to see. My conversion went flawlessly and the amp works fantastic. 73 Jerry N0XWR

K6LAC Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2014 11:59 Send this review to a friend
AT-AUTO  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a problem with my AT-AUTO that locked the unit up in L&C Homing mode. Don gave me a easy fix to try. It worked and my AT-AUTO is back up and running.

No cost to me! That is awesome.

Lee
K6LAC

KV7K Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2010 10:31 Send this review to a friend
AT-Auto tuner Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently had a small problem with an AT-Auto tuner I'd bought second hand. Contacted Don. He was most helpful and after some landline troubleshooting didn't fix the problem, he offered to look at my tuner and see what was wrong. I shipped it to him and within a couple of days he'd fixed it, and had shipped it back to me. Don's a real gentleman and offers something rare in today's world--professional service. I highly recommend Don.

WB5TTY Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2007 04:53 Send this review to a friend
High Quality Work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don Kessler can take a Kenwood TL-922 amp and turn it into a state of the art unit. He will add numerous mods to your TL-922 that will make it as good or better than anything you can buy today. He adds atep-start, the additional bands, quite relays, ossciation suppresion, electronic bias, and standby light mod. I believe he does about 10 different mods in all. His work is very high quality. He has done many of these amps and all who I know are happy with their amps.

KD5UVV Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2006 21:29 Send this review to a friend
TL-922A - Excellent Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked up a used TL-922A amp sometime ago that had a lot of problems with it. Well after reading the TL-922A reviews I knew I wanted to get this amp going to use with my TS-940S. And after reading about Mr. Kessler from some of the reviews of the amp, I decided to contact him and have him do the mods to my amp. Folks let me tell you right now, the customer service that Don gives is first rate, bar none. True professionalism.

He went above and beyond just doing the mods, little extras to get my amp working and performing to his standards. I cannot say enough about his service and the attention to detail that he puts into his work. Hes a stickler for doing in right. He only works on these amps in his spare time, as he has a family and full-time career. Well all I can say is Im sure glad he had time to get to my amp.

My TL-922 (has 10 meters now) now tunes and operates flawlessly! Its truly a joy to use. Some of the mods include Parasitic Suppression, QSK, WARC band operation (17/12 meters), 10 meters, Soft Keying, Step Start, and EBS, just to name a few. Mr. Kessler is an outstanding person to deal with and takes great pride in his work and it shows. You can contact him at - ki6sz@sbcglobal.net
I Highly recommend him for modifications to the TL-922/A