Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Radiowavz G5RV Lite Help

Reviews Summary for Radiowavz G5RV Lite
Radiowavz G5RV Lite Reviews: 21 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $41.00
Description: 80-10 meter shortened G5RV using coils
More info: http://www.radiowavz.com

You can write your own review of the Radiowavz G5RV Lite.

KE4OYF Rating: 4/5 Jun 28, 2009 15:39 Send this review to a friend
Good introductory wire  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Purchased as an intro to wire antennas. It is affordable, works well on 20 meters, fits in a small yard and is stealthy. No complaints about the construction. Granted it is simple but it works. Tuning it with a LDG z11 pro does a decent job on several bands but some keep a high swr which is a bit too much for comfort. If your new to wire antenas, its great. If your looking to work on every band it does give you a limited foot print in the arena but is not that solid. I would recommend it as a cheap starter antenna.

K1ALL Rating: 4/5 Apr 17, 2009 19:07 Send this review to a friend
Good Performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this antenna for 2 years and am very satisfied. It is installed horizontally between trees at 25 ft and tunes up well on most bands. I have QSO's at 100W with the far western US (from New England) and Europe on 20M and regularly work Carribean, SW USA, and Canada. On 75M, I can tune to 1:1 with a manual tuner and work most states at night. The antenna has been up for two years through a couple of New England winters with no problems. No complaints for a very economical antenna.

AA0NO Rating: 0/5 Mar 16, 2008 08:35 Send this review to a friend
DOA... junk??  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased from AES & installed it up to 34ft & was completely dead! no receive.. nothing! I checked the connector at the feed line & was dead short. took apart & was fused together! I removed & connected direct & works. very poor construction as stated by the other reviews. make your own!! materials are sub standard & not tested when assembled or mine would not be DOA.

CT1IDW Rating: 1/5 Dec 23, 2007 08:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It's a brilliant antenna if I ignore:

The lack of quality;
The awfull construction;
The horrible manual.

I give it a 1 because I like the paralel feeder used otherwise a 0 it would be served.

CT1IDW

K4XZ Rating: 0/5 Nov 25, 2007 06:24 Send this review to a friend
Never Again  Time owned: more than 12 months
These things are junk! Don't waste your money.Spend some and build it your self.My first wire antennea I built with bare copper wire, a 1:1 balun, with the top @ 20',the ends at ten.I worked more QSO's with this than a radiowavz.Cheap construction.

73 Joe K4XZ

CT2IBY Rating: 0/5 Nov 25, 2007 05:32 Send this review to a friend
A terrible mistake and waist of money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna does not work at all,as explained in a previous review, the G5RV Lite will not resonate on any ham band.
Construction and the materials are bad and the end insulators are pathetic pieces of thin plastic.
I wonder if at least they measure the antenna, how can Radiowavz defraud amateur radio people selling this piece of wire saying this is a multi band antenna?

I measure the antenna with MFJ-259B, in my 3 favorite bands 80, 40 and 17 m, with the following results:

Freq 3600 3700 3800
Imp (Z) 50 47 41
Freq 18100 18130 18160
SWR 5,4 5,2 5,0
Imp (Z) 42 46 50

To be honest I wouldn’t give it for free to my friends.

K4LD Rating: 4/5 Oct 20, 2007 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have an advantage of other people using this antenna. I can put a larger antenna than this on my land, but I was looking at HRO for something fun to try and found this. I installed it up and tuned it. I have used Radiowavz G5RV's almost all the time and they work great. When you have this antenna you get half the length and performance. I have it up 90' and have been able to work England while I was QRP. It's a nice antenna that is going to be replaced with something that can handle power.

N3ZAS Rating: 0/5 Jun 21, 2007 08:25 Send this review to a friend

AS THE CENTER INSULATOR IS A THEE WAY PVC PLUMBING
CONNECTOR WITH NO WAY TO SUSPEND THE ANTENNA.THE
WIRE IS # 14 INSULATED AND VERY CHEAPLY MADE THE
FEEDER IS ALSO JUNK WIRE AND WILL NOT HOLD UP.THE
END INSULATORS ARE THIN PLASTIC SHEETING INSTEAD OF CERAMIC OR GOOD POLYPRO.I TOOK IT DOWN THE SAME DAY & DISCARDED IT.INSTALLED MY HOME BREW SINGLE BAND DIPOLE MADE OF GOOD MATERIALS AND INSTANTLY RECEIVED 5-9'S FROM ENGLAND 7 BELGIUM.THE ANTENNA RESONATES ON 17 MEMETERS AND WITH A TUNER ON 20 &
40 METERS.MOTTO DONT BUY A RADIO WAVZ G5RV JR.

KB3JGU Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2007 21:38 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME ANTENNA!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Radiowavz has really done it with this dipole. To boot, the customer service is great too, so don't be afraid to ask questions, they will get back to you! I currently have this in a VERY unoptimal setup, only 8 feet above the ground strung across my backyard.

I've been shocked (and so has many others) with my success. While a signal won't obviously get out on 80, I've had QSOs on 40 during the day into NC on a 58, and into FL, although not as clearly. On 20, this antenna has been able to easily work daytime DX into Eastern Europe (although its closeness to the ground I believe makes it difficult for me to hit western europe as well) as well as several carribean prefixes.

Was even able to get into Argentina with a little patience. This is a solid performer. I can't wait to get this up another 10 or so feet -- I'm nothing but pleased with how its done!

KG6PHS Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2007 12:11 Send this review to a friend
Great value, holds up well  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After using this antenna for almost a year, I wanted to update my review.

The G5RV Lite works quite well, and has stood up well to the winds and rain. The construction is excellent.

This 67 foot antenna works fairly well even on 75/80 meters, if you have a good tuner. It fits in my small city lot, hung at 34 feet as an inverted vee. Great job Radiowavz!

Kit