Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond X-30 Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond X-30
Diamond X-30 Reviews: 20 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $USD$69.95
Description: 2m/70cm Dual Band Vertical
Gain 3.0db(2m)/5.5db(70cm)
Max Power 150 watts
Wind 135 (mph)
1/2 wave element(2m),5/8 wave two element(70cm)
v.swr is less than 1.5:1
More info: http://http:www.diamond-ant.co.jp

You can write your own review of the Diamond X-30.

KC7YTK Rating: 4/5 Jun 15, 2016 18:06 Send this review to a friend
Good Bang For The Buck  Time owned: more than 12 months
I Have two of these up in the attic, one for ham and one for GMRS. This antenna works well, gets out well, low profile, does what it was billed to do. I have also re-tuned many for commercial and GMRS use for others. Simple and rugged design inside and easy to tear down and trim for higher frequencies. Easily moves up to 151-153Mhz and 460-470Mhz center frequencies. I give a 4 only because the factory tuning is not consistent. Some of the reviews say the SWR is a bit high out of the box. I have noticed this too. Before re-tuning I check to see where they are (hence, how far to go 1/4" at a time), and VHF is usually spot on at 146, but have seen as low as 144, UHF is sometimes centered at 446, but in the last batch I re tuned, one was 435 and another was 457, usually they are 450-452 center out of the box. Add 30-50 feet of coax and your radio most likely won't care, but they could do better. Over all, a good value, and you will never notice the 1.5dbm difference in the X-50 so don't feel bad about not springing for the extra $30.

ON4VP Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2016 23:03 Send this review to a friend
Low profile, good performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently moved to a small condo and have landlord restrictions when it comes to mounting antennas. I have a small terras (ground level) and I installed a 43 feet fiberglas vertical for shortwave but needed a dualbander for accessing local repeaters both FM and Dstar or Dmr. The X30N is really low profile and I mounted the antenna on a 12 feet fiberglas rod. Even on this low height I can access repeaters up to 30 miles away with 5 watts from the handy. Great performance.

VK4GJW Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2014 19:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I run this antenna into my Wouxun handheld and it does all I need. Can hit all the local repeaters and more with it. Its easy to mount, and has low visibility so very little in the way of eye pollution. Would I buy another one? Yes I would! Another great product from Diamond.

2E0PRO Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2013 12:23 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just got round to installing the Diamond X-30 antenna in my loft but the radials did not screw in all the way, is this normal or do they need tightening up further somehow.

VE7REN Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2013 16:33 Send this review to a friend
excellent   Time owned: more than 12 months
have owned this antenna for 14 months now. replaced a cushcraft ar2 ringo,which also worked great ,but needed the dual band capabilities.this antenna is compact,and hits repeaters a little further away then the ringo did.for 79$ and some change, you cant go wrong..would i buy another....you bet. i ordered one on thursday of last week to replace a older monobander verticle on my tower.

TA3AWS Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2013 03:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
There are four repeaters around me and when i was using my hand-held radio i only reached one repeater and the other one only could be listened at 5 W. But with this antenna at same power i have reached both of them and i have began to hear the two others . It is 1,30 m. long so it could be used at the balcony or on the roof as well. I think that it is almost enough for VHF/UHF usage and i am not looking for another antenna for better results. I advice it anyone who wants to buy VHF/UHF antenna for their usage where on the balcony or on the roof at the same time.

N0FPE Rating: 4/5 Aug 18, 2013 14:34 Send this review to a friend
Better than a J-Pole  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Ok the gain ratings are overstated like all these antennas...the real gain is -2.15db less than the stated rating because they are rated over an isotropic (dbi) not a dipole (dbd) but this is common. Is it as good as a 23 foot long Celwave Super Station Master? No...but the SSM is a bit hard to get hidden in your attic. Does it work? sure does. I dont have one because I need to hide my antennas or am worried that the wife or neighbors will not like it. I have one because it does a job and is good at it.

VK2FABG Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2013 01:11 Send this review to a friend
Awesome antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'd say best antenna I used top if the line. I was seeing which repeaters i can hit and I was amazed how far I could get out - Joel VK2FABG

K6LCS Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2011 18:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sorry to sound like a broken record - but this little antenna, mounted on a simple tripod - is a great performer. Darned near as efficient as its big bro - the X-50 - yet WAY more "transportable." And to tell the truth - if you aren't hitting others/repeaters with the X-30 - then even the X-50 isn't going to help much. Great investment - great company.

W6AAJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2011 16:43 Send this review to a friend
I agree with the other reviews  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a very good experience with this antenna. It exceeded my quality expectations out of the box and it almost looks new even though it has been up for almost two years. I have never had an operational issue and I can reach all of the repeaters I need to use. What more do you need? :-)