Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond X-30 Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond X-30
Diamond X-30 Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $USD$69.95
Description: 2m/70cm Dual Band Vertical
Gain 3.0db(2m)/5.5db(70cm)
Max Power 150 watts
Wind 135 (mph)
1/2 wave element(2m),5/8 wave two element(70cm)
v.swr is less than 1.5:1
More info: http://http:www.diamond-ant.co.jp

You can write your own review of the Diamond X-30.

VK4GJW Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2014 19:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I run this antenna into my Wouxun handheld and it does all I need. Can hit all the local repeaters and more with it. Its easy to mount, and has low visibility so very little in the way of eye pollution. Would I buy another one? Yes I would! Another great product from Diamond.

2E0PRO Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2013 12:23 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just got round to installing the Diamond X-30 antenna in my loft but the radials did not screw in all the way, is this normal or do they need tightening up further somehow.

VE7REN Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2013 16:33 Send this review to a friend
excellent   Time owned: more than 12 months
have owned this antenna for 14 months now. replaced a cushcraft ar2 ringo,which also worked great ,but needed the dual band capabilities.this antenna is compact,and hits repeaters a little further away then the ringo did.for 79$ and some change, you cant go wrong..would i buy another....you bet. i ordered one on thursday of last week to replace a older monobander verticle on my tower.

TA3AWS Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2013 03:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
There are four repeaters around me and when i was using my hand-held radio i only reached one repeater and the other one only could be listened at 5 W. But with this antenna at same power i have reached both of them and i have began to hear the two others . It is 1,30 m. long so it could be used at the balcony or on the roof as well. I think that it is almost enough for VHF/UHF usage and i am not looking for another antenna for better results. I advice it anyone who wants to buy VHF/UHF antenna for their usage where on the balcony or on the roof at the same time.

N0FPE Rating: 4/5 Aug 18, 2013 14:34 Send this review to a friend
Better than a J-Pole  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Ok the gain ratings are overstated like all these antennas...the real gain is -2.15db less than the stated rating because they are rated over an isotropic (dbi) not a dipole (dbd) but this is common. Is it as good as a 23 foot long Celwave Super Station Master? No...but the SSM is a bit hard to get hidden in your attic. Does it work? sure does. I dont have one because I need to hide my antennas or am worried that the wife or neighbors will not like it. I have one because it does a job and is good at it.

VK2FABG Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2013 01:11 Send this review to a friend
Awesome antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'd say best antenna I used top if the line. I was seeing which repeaters i can hit and I was amazed how far I could get out - Joel VK2FABG

K6LCS Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2011 18:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sorry to sound like a broken record - but this little antenna, mounted on a simple tripod - is a great performer. Darned near as efficient as its big bro - the X-50 - yet WAY more "transportable." And to tell the truth - if you aren't hitting others/repeaters with the X-30 - then even the X-50 isn't going to help much. Great investment - great company.

W6AAJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2011 16:43 Send this review to a friend
I agree with the other reviews  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a very good experience with this antenna. It exceeded my quality expectations out of the box and it almost looks new even though it has been up for almost two years. I have never had an operational issue and I can reach all of the repeaters I need to use. What more do you need? :-)

M6AIU Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2011 04:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Like all diamond antennas (and this is my second!) it does what it says on the box - i use it for my QTH as my 2m/70cm base antenna and it does the job really well. No SWR issues but then i only push out 5W to hit the repeaters in my region. Highly recommended and a good price too!

For those scanner enthusiasts out there - this antenna is very good for airband rx as i have also been using it for ACARS monitoring.

KD0NFF Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2011 07:55 Send this review to a friend
Love It!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very nice base antenna. I love the fact that it is short, which makes it go unnoticed by observers. I've painted mine flat black from top to bottom, and at night it's invisible. Even in daylight against a backdrop of trees it's very tough to spot.

I like the high wind speed tolerance, the small size of the antenna makes it extremely durable.

SWR is no higher than 1.4:1 anywhere in either band. I have no trouble reaching distant stations and repeaters with very little power.