Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond X-30 Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond X-30
Diamond X-30 Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $USD$69.95
Description: 2m/70cm Dual Band Vertical
Gain 3.0db(2m)/5.5db(70cm)
Max Power 150 watts
Wind 135 (mph)
1/2 wave element(2m),5/8 wave two element(70cm)
v.swr is less than 1.5:1
More info: http://http:www.diamond-ant.co.jp

You can write your own review of the Diamond X-30.

VK2FABG Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2013 01:11 Send this review to a friend
Awesome antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'd say best antenna I used top if the line. I was seeing which repeaters i can hit and I was amazed how far I could get out - Joel VK2FABG

K6LCS Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2011 18:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sorry to sound like a broken record - but this little antenna, mounted on a simple tripod - is a great performer. Darned near as efficient as its big bro - the X-50 - yet WAY more "transportable." And to tell the truth - if you aren't hitting others/repeaters with the X-30 - then even the X-50 isn't going to help much. Great investment - great company.

W6AAJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2011 16:43 Send this review to a friend
I agree with the other reviews  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a very good experience with this antenna. It exceeded my quality expectations out of the box and it almost looks new even though it has been up for almost two years. I have never had an operational issue and I can reach all of the repeaters I need to use. What more do you need? :-)

M6AIU Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2011 04:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Like all diamond antennas (and this is my second!) it does what it says on the box - i use it for my QTH as my 2m/70cm base antenna and it does the job really well. No SWR issues but then i only push out 5W to hit the repeaters in my region. Highly recommended and a good price too!

For those scanner enthusiasts out there - this antenna is very good for airband rx as i have also been using it for ACARS monitoring.

KD0NFF Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2011 07:55 Send this review to a friend
Love It!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very nice base antenna. I love the fact that it is short, which makes it go unnoticed by observers. I've painted mine flat black from top to bottom, and at night it's invisible. Even in daylight against a backdrop of trees it's very tough to spot.

I like the high wind speed tolerance, the small size of the antenna makes it extremely durable.

SWR is no higher than 1.4:1 anywhere in either band. I have no trouble reaching distant stations and repeaters with very little power.

W7RUE Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2010 14:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Little Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
This my second one. I gave my other one to a new ham friend to get him on the air. I use the X-30 for my go-kit and I extend it on an expandable 12' painter's pole when I go to conferences, in and out of hotels, and on vacation or camping trips.

Its rugged, forgiving, short enough to fit in the car trunk, super light, and it always works great where ever I mount it! I have its bigger brother, the X-50 mounted inside a 2" plumbing vent in the roof of my home. Another great antenna! 73! - W7Rue

KK9H Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2010 10:31 Send this review to a friend
Great for portable ops  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this antenna to use when I volunteer for events that my local club supports. We recently helped a 100 mile bicycle fund raising event and my assignment was almost 50 miles away from the 440MHz repeater. I put this antenna on a 25 ft. telescoping mast and eventhough I had a 6 element yagi in reserve, the X-30 worked perfectly. I will be participating with the Chicago Marathon in a couple weeks and plan to put this antenna to work again on a 2M repeater. It is relatively compact, easy to transport and works well. Perfect fo portable operations.

KJ4PBV Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2010 15:04 Send this review to a friend
Amazing First Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The x30a is the first antenna I have ever owned since I juust got my license in September, so my opinion doesn't mean much. But in case you care I was able to talk to my Grandad 75 miles away by hitting a repeater at least 60 miles away. I have it in my atic, it is connected to my Yaesu FT-7900r and I love it!

KH6RK Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2009 02:35 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Excellent little antenna. Well made. QTH at 450ft antenna mounted at 12ft and am able to hit repeaters 90 miles away. SWR is good on both bands, but best on UHF for me. You can't go wrong with this one for the price.

W1ZE Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2009 12:05 Send this review to a friend
Good buy  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have my X30A mounted atop my 65' tower for over a year and it works well. I live on the mid coast of Maine and I can work repeaters from south of Portland to as far north as Dixmont (Bangor).