Reviews Categories | Books/Manuals/Videos/Pod-WebCasts on ham radio | Basic Radio - Understanding the Key Building Blocks Help

Reviews Summary for Basic Radio - Understanding the Key Building Blocks
Basic Radio - Understanding the Key Building Blocks Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $29.95
Description: From the site: FINALLY--an introduction to radio FOR EVERYONE!--what it does and how it does it.
Basic Radio reveals the key building blocks of radio: receivers; transmitters; antennas; propagation and their applications to telecommunications; radionavigation; and radiolocation. This book includes simple, build-it-yourself projects to turn theory into practice--helping reinforce key subject matter.

Just a note from the author. This book is designed to help a reader understand the principles and applications of radio. It is designed for a reader who has learned about basic electronics, perhaps from a book such as the ARRL's "Understanding Basic Electronics." It assumes a high school level understanding of math and science. In addition to developing the science of radio communcication, sections describe other applications such as, radiolocation (radar) and radionavigation. It is developed following a historical perspective. Unfortunately, the first printing went out with some errors. The changes are noted on www.arrl.org/notes/9558/ I hope you find the book helpful.

More info: http://www.arrl.org/catalog/?item=9558#top

You can write your own review of the Basic Radio - Understanding the Key Building Blocks.

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2008 15:03 Send this review to a friend
Works for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I find it is just fine. I have no backround in electronics and this book was fine. I guess I at least knew how to read.... a schematic before I got my ticket 25+ years ago.

W5ALF Rating: 3/5 Jun 4, 2008 13:35 Send this review to a friend
Not Basic enough  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had zero electronics background before getting my ticket. What I have found is that it takes a special individual to be able to write about a technical subject in a way someone with out an EE degree can understand. Like many things I get from ARRL it could be simplified..