Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | Lectrokit Spiders Help

Reviews Summary for Lectrokit Spiders
Lectrokit Spiders Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: QRP CW Transceiver Kits
More info: http://www.sanduskyohio.com/lectrokit/spiders.htm

You can write your own review of the Lectrokit Spiders.

KA0AAM Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2012 12:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent RAdio  Time owned: more than 12 months
Built this kit many years ago. Added Audio filter. I am able to use a 9 volt battery with this radio. The RIT works very good, and you can go on either side of the CW signal. Using a tube socket for the crystals was very good.

Built in keyer has an exceedingly good touch! Especially for just a slab of metal with a button on it. It also has provision for external keyer.

Downfalls (which are not really a negative).

1. The plus and minus terminals for the battery are VERY close together. . .Gotta be careful when connecting them to the battery.

2. Antenna connection is also like the battery. . too close together. . .so I mounted a RCA jack for an antenna output.

VE3RRQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2006 18:19 Send this review to a friend
WISH I HAD ONE FOR EACH BAND  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned and used 2 of these transceivers..for the past 5years..1 on 40m and 1 on 80m..I didn't build them..but I own the 1B examples and they include a ne602 which is a lot easier to use on the 40m band..they also include the audio filter as well..crystals r hard to find but I have 7 on 80m and 3 on 40m..I've had stations as far as Italy come back to me with 599 reports.I love these little all in one rigs and they work great with a 5watt solar panel...one came with a 30meter conversion parts kit..scoop one up if you can..I gave it a 5 rating because of flexability and great audio filter, there's also a good RIT included as well as a built in handkey..I prefer this over any of the Heathkits HW7,HW8,HW9 for low operator listening fatigue...on 40m with this direct conversion receiver there is a dead spot (the carrier)inside the european AM station broadcasts and lots of guys sit in the dead spot waiting for contacts...if I listen for them on anything else but a direct conversion receiver... I can't find them...If you have one to sell..email me...mike ve3rrq j s m i t h a t n e x u s i s p . c o m

N4JRG Rating: 4/5 Sep 20, 2004 15:32 Send this review to a friend
Good little radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I build a 40 meter SP-1 in early 1993. This was the first serious project I had attemped with homebrewing. The instructions were well written and organized to facilitate construction. I was very surprised to see that it worked the first time I hooked up 12 volts to it. However it does require practice to operate the direct conversion receiver. Once this is figured out, the rig is quite capable of making contacts. I have made contacts from my Kentucky location with Ohio and South Carolina to mention two. Overall, the ease of assembly makes this a great first project for hams wishing to get into homebrew.

AB5CC Rating: 2/5 Dec 17, 2000 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Great Value for $$$  Time owned: more than 12 months
I built the SP-1 kit several years ago. I first built it for 40m, but it was unusable due to the direct conversion receiver being overloaded by foreign broadcast. So, I rebuilt it for 30m. The kit contains the parts to build it for all bands except 10m, I think. I also added the audio filter. I think the kit is a great experience to build and is a great price, but it takes alot of practice to use the DC receiver. It is hard to figure out which station in your receiver passband is actually coming back to you. I have since bought the lectrokit PSK31 kit and it was equally as easy to build. I give it a rating of a "2" just because it is really difficult to make a contact with this radio due to the lack of selectivity in the receiver. This is a good company.

Kenneth