Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Dream - make many analog receivers IF-DSP all modes plus DRM Help

Reviews Summary for Dream - make many analog receivers IF-DSP all modes plus DRM
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $free to download
Description: Best AM, good DRM demodulator. AM demodulator supports DSB, USB, LSB CW and FM mode. Also selectable bandwidths. DRM demodulator includes measurement utilities.
More info: http://www.sat-schneider.de/DRM/DRM.htm

You can write your own review of the Dream - make many analog receivers IF-DSP all modes plus DRM.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2014 06:21 Send this review to a friend
Great for Linux too  Time owned: more than 12 months
There is a web page of "Dream DRM Receiver" at sourceforge.net with all details on how to install it on different OS. Instructions at http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/drm/index.php?title=Main_Page are quite clear to get Dream working.
I have been using this software for about ten years under Windows. Still I am amazed how it works. It can decode DRM and demodulation of AM FM SSB and CW is excellent. Under Linux it uses little resources of RAM and CPU.
Most of the time I use it with analog receivers (such as Drake 2C and portables like DE1103, Sangean909, Redusun RP2100) where the 450-455Khz 2nd IF is converted to about 10 Khz. As The sample rate of the software can be up to 192Khz, depending on the soundcard, the the IF can be converted to a higher frequency. For example the Drake 2C has the third IF at 50Khz. If I had a 192Khz soundcard I could connect the third IF to the soundcard without any converter.

OLLIEOXEN27 Rating: 0/5 Sep 20, 2011 11:11 Send this review to a friend
oh well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I downloaded this software to listen to DRM broadcasts with my RX-320D. After downloading I received a message that a dll file was missing, uninstall the program, then install again. When it again said no dll, uninstall then re install I said oh well! After all it's free.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2006 03:45 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Allows many analog receivers to receive IF-DSP in all modes. I got successful results using an external mixer-oscillator "crystal mixer fo=462 KHz use for IF exact 450 kHz" by Sat-Schneider to connect a Degen DE1103, a Sangean909 and an old tube Drake 2C. See my reviews for Sangean909 and the Drake2C for other details.