Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-7000 Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-7000
LDG AT-7000 Reviews: 50 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $169
Description: The AT-7000 is the ideal tuner for your shiny new IC-7000. First, it matches up to 10:1 SWR (3:1 on 6 meters), so just about anything you can feed with coax is good to go.

The AT-7000 is just 6.5" long, 6.5" deep and 1.5" tall. It weighs only 1.5 pounds, and gets its DC power directly from the radio; no separate power supply needed. The AT-7000 works with any Icom radio that supports AH-3 or AH-4 Icom antennas. This currently includes the IC-7000, IC-706MkIIG, IC-703Plus, IC-718, IC-746 and IC-756ProIII.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-7000.

WB4IVG Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2016 23:00 Send this review to a friend
Best in Class!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own two of these and have found them to be the best tuner of it's type in the entire industry. I also have several Icom tuners AT 120, AT130, AT140, AH4 and the At180 None and I mean None out perform the little LDG. I have owned several LDG products and found them to function flawlessly. The AT7000 is smaller than any of the Icom units and performs as well or better than any of them. I use mine with an IC706MKIIG, IC746Pro, IC7200, IC718, ICM700, ICM710, ICM800 they work great with these units, I have built the unit that allows Icom type tuners to be used with other brand radios but have yet to try it but I have no doubt that they will work great in that application also.

AE7QT Rating: 4/5 Jan 16, 2012 20:25 Send this review to a friend
tunes lots of stuff  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this device for 3.5 years, and my ic7000 for just a few weeks longer. I've beaten the living tar out of this little tuner with over 500,000 truck miles, and lots of install, uninstall, then reinstall situations. I have hooked up every thing from dipoles, verts, randoms, and mostly hustler mobiles with very acceptable success. 6m is the only one I have not had very good time with, but like directions say, it has less tuning ability on 6m, and I have never hooked up anything that resonates close to 6m, so its my own fault. It works well for an auto tuner. bought it new, had to send it in once for a fix and there was a quick turn around. wish they still made them.

KI5SO Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2011 19:24 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am using this AT-7000 tuner with a Better RF to make it compatible with a Yaesu FT-857d and it will tune about any antenna I put on the mount. I even tuned a 4 foot everhardt super tiger flex fiberglass cb antenna with it and had s-9 signals on 15 meters and made a readable contact on 40 meters. Pretty impressive in my book. I recommend this tuner to anyone for 100 watt operation, if you can find one.

EI3GSB Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2011 09:41 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner and very compact!  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I bought my IC-706 Mk2G I decided to buy the LDG AT-7000 tuner because of its higher power rating on 6m. I have the tuner cable tied to the underside of my 706 and makes for a very tidy and compact HF station.

I also like the fact that the 706 employs a PTT Tune feature (Go to Initial Set Mode, #28 PTT Tune page 54 in the manual) and that it's compatible with the AT-7000. Select a frequency, key the mic, wait for it to tune up and you're good to go! Easy!

Personally I really like this little tuner. I've used it with a variety of different antenae without any issues and would definitely recommend it to anyone with an IC-706 or IC-7000.

K9PU Rating: 4/5 Nov 7, 2010 21:57 Send this review to a friend
A nice tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an auto antenna tuner for the Icom IC7000 specifically.

I got this some years ago and it worked well until I used it in the field and the control connector back out while transmitting. This caused the units complete failure.

Researching the units repair, I found it tedius to send in for what turned out to be a simple repair; The units controller chip, (a one-time programmable custom programmed IC), utilized an on-board A/D for SWR measurment without overload protection.

Now that the unit is no longer in production I found an after-market vendor sells the custom programmed chip for some $15 or so. The the new chip worked although it took a while to find the cable again.

I rate the unit a "4-GOOD" because it is. But it should not have failed from the connector backing out during operation. Further, now, I think a better buy is a "generic" bullet-proof tuner, which will work with all your rigs, not just one, and not fail from high SWR.

Now that I have it working again it's a nice tuner but just for the IC7000.

KK8ZZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2009 07:34 Send this review to a friend
Fast, accurate, unobtrusive  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got this with an IC-7000 and it's simply "plug-and'play" operation. I have a little finessing to do with my BiggIR vertical, and until I do, this trims any mismatch I've had in two clacks of a relay. It looks nice sitting under the IC-7000, I might add.

Other reviewers talk about their inability to tune 6 meters, or this band or that, but remember that the design won't allow it to tune every possible mismatch. The range of permissible SWRs are listed in the specs. If users want a tuner that will tune ANYTHING, they'd better be looking at something with a manual cranking roller coil and two big variable capacitors.

Remember too that any good antenna installation includes a good station ground - base or mobile. This fine little tuner does just what it's advertised to do, and does it quickly and well with no user input. Highly recommended!

KI4GKS Rating: 2/5 Mar 27, 2009 18:11 Send this review to a friend
Good But!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
"I am very confused about the review from KI4GKS because he is blaming LDG for a problem at his IC-7000. Maybe there is only the 5A fuse to replace at his transceiver (manual page 137)." quoted from HB9PJT.

I clearly stated that I could have prevented the problem. It is also a fact that there is a 5 amp fuse inside the IC7000 and it did not blow. My beef is the cable is so short that the power plug from the radio was pulled out as I slid the tuner forward. I did not blame the problem on LDG but attempted to get a solution that would prevent this from happening again when my radio is repaired. Their response did in fact blame me for the problem. There was no indication or expression of regret, no thought of being proactive just a rush to assign the blame. If they had been just a little helpful there would not be any negative comments online from me. By blaming the user, me, they were saying it is not an LDG problem, never was never will be.

Designing of equipment that can not be pulled forward to even look at the connections with out damaging the radio it is attached to is bad design. If they want to sell it that way, fine. I just want my tuner so that I don't damage my radio by moving the tuner. Dwayne's note tells me that he does not care, he thinks his current customers are stupid and the future customers aren't bright enough to figure it out. He does not care about his customers and will not spend a dime on their behalf if he can avoid it. This a shame, because the tuner works well when connected, just don't move it with out turning off your radio. When the cost of prevention is most likely less that $5 and the cost of repairing a damaged radio is over $200 someone made an incorrect design decision. That decision shows they do not care about their customers. This tuner has a list price just shy of $600 and I expected the unit to be better quality. There are other comments about this product and the company that produces it which express similar sentiment.

K3JB Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2009 12:34 Send this review to a friend
Super little tuner !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the AT-7000 with my Icom 7K and G5RV as a base unit. It has worked flawlessly for over a year. The owner was kind enough to come to one of our Club (K3ARS.org) meetings to explain his products and how they work. We are located on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Of course he came after I had purchased his tuner so it was good to learn I had made a good choice.
73, Richard-K3JB

KA1JY Rating: 2/5 Feb 24, 2009 03:40 Send this review to a friend
at-7000 & 6 meters  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I own two of these. One in the car on my icy-706 and one in the house on my icy-7000.
The tuner seems to work okay below 10 meters. Actually on 10 it isn't too back however playing through it in bypass mode shows a jump in SWR into my resistive dummy load as well as my resonant 10 meter vertical. Swr on 10 climbs from 1:1 to the resistor to about 1.3. Same sort of performance on the antenna. On 6 it is a totally different story. The swr into the resister climbs to about 2:1 on some parts of the band and is 1.5 on others. Without the tuner in line the resistor is flat as expected. On the 6 meter beam the results are actually a bit worse. The point of lowest SWR moves from 50.1 (where the antenna is tuned) down below the 6 meter band. When the tuner is engaged this appears slightly better but the 'no tune' by-pass mode on 6 seems to have some serious issues.
I am putting in a switch by-pass to eliminate the tuner on 6. Seems like a shame because other than some minor issues on 10.
I like the convenience of the tuner but I'm disappointed with the rather poor performance on 6 in 'no-tune' mode. Actually even in the tune mode I can not get the swr on 6 under 1.5:1 on any part of the band. Even though my antenna shows significantly lower without the tuner in line.

I rate it a 2.5 out of 5. It is very convenient for bands below 10 and it is marginally acceptable on 10. From what I see it is unusable on 6.

Brian
KA1jy

K7MBL Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2009 14:11 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
IC-706
AT-7000
Wilson 5000 Antenna

Above mounted in a 2006 Dodge Ram. The AT-7000 will tune all HF bands with the exception of the bottom half of 80m and all of 160m. I'm impressed!! Now to upgrade my ticket and I'm good to go!