Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-7000 Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-7000
LDG AT-7000 Reviews: 49 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $169
Description: The AT-7000 is the ideal tuner for your shiny new IC-7000. First, it matches up to 10:1 SWR (3:1 on 6 meters), so just about anything you can feed with coax is good to go.

The AT-7000 is just 6.5" long, 6.5" deep and 1.5" tall. It weighs only 1.5 pounds, and gets its DC power directly from the radio; no separate power supply needed. The AT-7000 works with any Icom radio that supports AH-3 or AH-4 Icom antennas. This currently includes the IC-7000, IC-706MkIIG, IC-703Plus, IC-718, IC-746 and IC-756ProIII.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-7000.

KE4AMQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2008 04:05 Send this review to a friend
great tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i just got this tuner using it on a 706 that tunes my outbacker like theres no tommorow.
i have used a lot of mobile tuner but i must say this is the best for my application.
i bought it used for 100.00 and its the best 100.00 i spent on a tuner .
ldg great job!!!!!
fred ke4amq

KJ4ECM Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2008 12:02 Send this review to a friend
decent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well first I will tell you that it does work on an icom-706 MKII. I heard that only the 706mkiig worked with this tuner. Found out otherwise. I use it to tune a 102 ft G5RV. I can tune 80-6m at or close to 1.2 on most bands. I like the fact the there are no controls to deal with. Just push the tune button on the radio thats it. Once it "learns" the parameters for the band and channel you are on, it takes less than 1/4 of a sec to tune.

W8NIC Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2008 12:39 Send this review to a friend
Nice.....  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
very portable and gets the job done. very simple, no buttons to worry about. However, i think it's a little over priced, but that's just me........

73 de w8nic dit dit

W4LCM Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2008 23:20 Send this review to a friend
Pretty Good !  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I used this one for a year with a Icom 706.

In my house with a mini-GRV5 with the 4:1 LDG balum, and in the park wiht a long wire, an 4ft cooper rood for ground and the same balum without any problems or complain. From 160 to 6mts.

Even I abused turning a 20mts stick to almost all others bands.

MIGUELORAMAEXK2QB Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2008 09:58 Send this review to a friend
Super Great Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got the AT-7000 LDG tuner and whao!! I am impress with what can it do. It tuned my high sierra antenna while other tuners could not. I even try it on my home made dipole and it works super great!!!

This is a great product by LDG!!!

W0SJ Rating: 2/5 May 6, 2008 09:51 Send this review to a friend
Still needs work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the AT-7000 to use with my Icom IC-7000 anticipating low VSWRs. I was greatly disappointed. I noticed that when the tuner was asked to tune an antenna with an impedance below about 40 ohms, it didn't work very well. When connected to my 20 ohm non-inductive load, the tuner presented a 2.5:1 VSWR to the transceiver. Since this didn't meet the advertised specifications, I returned the tuner under warranty. The tuner was returned to me with an email that said it had been tested and it worked perfectly. When reconnected to my 20 ohm non-inductive load, it still gave a VSWR of 2.5:1 and indicated that it had tuned successfully. I opened the unit to check the positions of the relays and found that all the inductors had been switched out and only the 10 pF capacitor was switched in. For $169 I got a tuner that turns into a barrel connector when the real component of the load impedance is low. Wow! What a deal!

The tuner contains the components to tune a low impedance load but the software simply gives up, indicates that it has tuned properly, and turns itself into a piece of wire. The software needs some serious improving.

I suggested to LDG that they add four push buttons to the front of the tuner so the operator can tune the tuner when the software can't. I hope they make that improvement. In the meantime the problem can be worked around by using a 4:1 unbalanced transformer on the tuner output. This can turn a 20 ohm load into an 80 ohm load, which the tuner can handle much better.

To paraphrase LDG's advertising literature, how could LDG have gone so wrong with this antenna tuner?

AD4C2006 Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2008 05:12 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner for just $154  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a new IC-7000 two weeks ago and after been a very happy user decided to buy also its companion,an automatic antenna tuner and after reading all the reviews here in spite of some of them were not good I made my mind and purchased one at HRO for a decent price.It came over,hooked it up to my radio,and it tuned out my 40 to 10M homemade windom which has impedances that varies from 20 to 150 ohms and swr up to 3 to 1 depending on which band I am,to an almost perfect match and when I say almost is because it didn't reach 1.1 on all bands and freqs but the worse value is on 40M where I have 1.5 swr,on 20,17,12 and 10M is a perfect flat 1.1
The tuner is very fast and in less than 2 secons the first time you tune a band it comes down tuned,then enable the menu mic PTT to tune and once you jump in the same band,before a blink of your eye just pressing the PTT it has recalled its memory and antenna is tuned.That is a perfect and quick tuner to have attached to the IC-7000.
When tried at the car the situation was even better,it can tune all my hamsticks in the whole band to a perfect 1.1 match.I know is small and can't stand more than 100W so for those who like to increase the power of the radio,forget about it or buy a bigger tuner.This one is very small so respect the power handling to have it for many years without problems.
Thanks LDG.You guys have done again a good job.

KE7RDO Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2008 21:25 Send this review to a friend
Great little tuner!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Within a few minutes, I had this tuner hooked up to my Icom 718. It tuned all of the bands for my 40-10m dipole with ease and they were all 1:1! I'm very pleased. Thanks LDG.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2008 17:43 Send this review to a friend
"SWEET"TUNER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works GREAT with my ICOM 7000 & Hustler mobile antennas.Also worked GREAT in my shack with my G5RV even on 60 meters!No complaints & HRO made me a DEAL at HamCation 2008 on the tuner taht I could NOT refuse($139 + tax).I also own the LDG AT-1000 & it works GREAT as well with my Ameritron 811H.Nice job LDG! }:>)

Clayton
W4KVW

G0VTI Rating: 1/5 Jan 25, 2008 01:36 Send this review to a friend
Not happy!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
A few months ago I sold my Icom AT-180 tuner and purchased the LDG-7000 to go with my IC-7000. This was a big mistake.
The tuner was easy enough to connect up and worked on demand from the IC-7000 but I found that it would not tune my half size G5RV antenna anywhere near as good as the Icom AT-180.
The AT-180 tunes all bands perfectly except for 80 mtrs which the antenna is not designed for anyway.
So I am afraid that I was not happy with the LDG-7000 at all and sold the tuner a few weeks ago.
I am now the proud owner of a brand new Icom AT-180 which I should have kept from the start.