Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | m2 222-5WL Help

Reviews Summary for m2 222-5WL
m2 222-5WL Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $226
Description: Gain 15.2 dBd
Power Handling 1500 WATTS
Boom length and diameter 23.3'
Mounting H OR V
WIND LOAD 1.5 SQ. FT
Weight / ShipWt. 9 Lb./10 Lb. UPS
More info: http://www.m2inc.com/index2.html

You can write your own review of the m2 222-5WL.

WR0F Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2015 19:16 Send this review to a friend
Nice antenna for 222   Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a pair of these up 10 ft spacing for weak signal cw ssb .The antenna setup works great . We use to run the 220-7wl but that was many years ago before we lost 220-222 . The stacked shorter boom has talked into Florida from our home QTH in Missouri .If we can hear them we can work them on this band .

W7MY Rating: 4/5 Jun 8, 2006 20:48 Send this review to a friend
A great antenna with some quality control issues.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The antenna required much more effort to assemble than I expected. Part of the problem is the manual. It could be written to reflect commonly used measurement such as inches! It could also provide measurements from the element ends to the boom which would make the centering of the elements in the boom much easier and more accurate. I found staging all of the elements in order of assembly was helpful. The other problem was that one of the boom pieces was not drilled. It took three calls and three weeks to get a properly drilled boom piece. Once assembled, I discovered that they also shipped the wrong boom to mast bracket; that took another week to get but only one call this time.

Once assembled and installed, the match is a perfect 1:1. The antenna appears to work as advertised. I was able to make 200+ mile contacts with 30 watts to confirm its performance.