Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Cushcraft R-4 Help

Reviews Summary for Cushcraft R-4
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $???
Description: Multiband vertical antenna.10,12,15 and 20 mts.
More info: http://www.cushcraftamateur.com

You can write your own review of the Cushcraft R-4.

WZ3O Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2013 16:53 Send this review to a friend
Good DXr, well made, easy install..  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's not Stepir up 75' but wow ..bought a used not abused one for a very nice price a bit ago, but with the heat and monsoons we've had, didn't get to put together and installed 3' above ground til yesterday.. I need to thank Jeff KA0JW for marking it so it was relatively easy to put back together and get on the air. From western PA and with a battery for power, sitting 5' from the antenna using my field day rig, I worked 2 E Europeans on 20m without issue, great reports both ways, no paper to log... Checked with my antenna analyzer and close to flat swr across the entire bands it covers 10,12,15 & 20 .. Great ears not at all noisy and gets out...Had a Cushcraft MA6V which in comparison was just OK...this is a real Cushcraft and really doen't show it's age ..so if you find a good one, condition & price, I don't think you'll go wrong.

K7DAA Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2008 09:51 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
See my more complete review in the R-5 section. Reason? I bought Cushcraft's R-45 upgrade kit when it first became available, and have never been disappointed by this antenna's performance.

I don't think I could ever bear to put up a "traditional" ground-plane vertical again. This one is so much easier to use, and outperforms any of the others. Very efficient, very low radiation angle. Excellent DX antenna.

K1YPB Rating: 4/5 Jun 1, 2006 18:49 Send this review to a friend
A very good antenna for an urban lot  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this antenna for going on 15 years now. I cleaned it up about 2 years ago. Went through the matching box and freshened up all the connections. This antenna is extremely well made, durable, and performs very well for what it is. It is a very good antenna for those situations where space is limited. If you can find one, get it.

KC2ILJ Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2006 19:50 Send this review to a friend
Great base HF  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I get this HF vertical antenna from an old ham. He give to my manual, radials everything and I just can say that is a great vertical.