Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | TE Systems 2252G Help

Reviews Summary for TE Systems 2252G
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $$577
Description: 222-225 Mhz Amplifier

You can write your own review of the TE Systems 2252G.

N2SLO Rating: 4/5 Dec 30, 2016 17:11 Send this review to a friend
Good- Becareful  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have three TE System amps (1452G, 2252G, 4452G). The amps are solid and work well. A few caveats and things to be aware of:
1) No overheat protection, so be cautious and mount a heavy duty fan on top.
2) Watch the input power! These amps can only handle 20 watts input max- if you make a mistake and drive with more power, you run this risk of taking out the power driver and transistors.
3) Watch your SWR- make sure as close to 1.5 and below.

I just had my 1452G repaired after about 13 years-it was toast. For the repair price, Dave did a nice job. Would cost thousands to buy a BEKO, so you get what you pay for. I also had my 2252G fry up last year- only had about 10 hours use. Could have been anything. So - I give the amps 4 stars, due to sensitivity and lack of protection. I give Dave 5 stars- 2 weeks door to door for repair from New York to CA. Hopefully, good for another 10+ years.

KC6RCM Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2016 15:15 Send this review to a friend
Reliable unit  Time owned: more than 12 months
The TE Systems 2252G amplifier has been a reliable unit for over 5 years, with my simple but effective weak signal station. For what it offers, I have found it to be an economical investment for the 1.25 meter band.

W4AMP Rating: 0/5 May 17, 2016 20:05 Send this review to a friend
Nightmare  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Decided to increase power on 222 and 432 last Xmas. Purchased a 2252G and a specially built 4454G. I have run a 1454 and 2212G for years.

Exciter used with the 2252G is a Icom 375A, 25 watts max output. This amp failed with 20 watts drive the first time it was used. Shipped it back, failed again with 10 watts. Sent it in for repair again. Failed at 10 watts for the second time. Paid over 400$ to repair this time. Then failed again with 10 watts. Dave's reply is that it is always overdrive or an SWR problem, never the fault of the equipment. IMHO I would say they are using faulty transistors. I never ran the rig into a high swr at all, and always kept the exciter below 20 watts which is the advertised drive limit. I finally did a chargeback for the purchase price and the repair and bought another 2212G which I had to start with. Still out hundreds in shipping. I had always sworn by this company and Dave Anderson. Not anymore.

K9MK Rating: 4/5 Jul 2, 2010 06:44 Send this review to a friend
Worth the investment  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased my 2252G in 1996 (yes 14 years ago) to replace a tweaked for 222 AM-6155 amp. I have used the 2252G amp in every ARRL VHF contest since without any failures. My 2252G amp has very worked well. The only issue might be the product documentation. I lost the pre amp device after some inclement weather once (my bad) and it took some effort to get comfortable with the schematic and performing the repair of the pre amp daughter board.

Bottom line is that for a quarter KW on 222 I found it well worth the investment.