Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | microHAM USB Interface II Help

Reviews Summary for microHAM USB Interface II
microHAM USB Interface II Reviews: 25 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $159
Description: These USB Interfaces provide a solution to the lack of available Serial (COM) ports for controlling your radio on laptop and newer desktop computers.

The USB interface II includes full optical isolation of all control signals (radio control, CW, PTT and Squelch) and high quality audio transformer isolation (with level trimmers) for audio to your radio's rear panel audio input and from the radio's constant level audio.

microHAM USB Interfaces have built-in hardware support for any radio - you no longer need additional level converters like CT-62, IF-232, FIF-232, CT-17. The drivers include support for software CW keying (DTR) and PTT (RTS) - there is no need for additional hardware.
More info: http://www.microham-usa.com/Products/USB%20interfaces.html

You can write your own review of the microHAM USB Interface II.

IU0FEB Rating: 2/5 Oct 15, 2013 02:03 Send this review to a friend
NOT GOOD AS EXPECTED  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well i fount it critical while using it with win7, settigs for the sound card aren't easy and i found some noise caming in the transceiver as soon as i activate the USB device router ( the software provided by microham). honestly i was expecting more when i purchased the item.
'73 de Francesca IU0FEB

RK3TD Rating: 3/5 Sep 18, 2012 08:17 Send this review to a friend
Not stable with PA  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Good device but the interface has a significant disadvantage when working with power amplifier.
I use it with IC-7600. All OK if you use it only with 100 watts output. When I turn the amplifier - the problems begin. Interface loses its connection to the computer and I must reconnect the cable. I tried everything: grounding, ferrites, band filters, etc etc. The antenna is located 30 meters from the radio. I'm a little disappointed.

OH1VR Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2010 00:55 Send this review to a friend
Easy with K3  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just connect it between your K3 and PC. It works, it is small and the configuration is easy even to me. I do not know anything about complicated technical things. So being logical: It must be good because I got it functioning on first try.. :)

K4IA Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2010 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Good with K3  Time owned: more than 12 months
I disagree about the K3. I use a Microkeyer interface because it has:
1. built in keyer with more memories than the K3 and a convenient speed knob that isn't shared with two other functions
2. auto switching between my microphone and computer depending on mode
3. PTT controlled by a USB command fully adjustable to prevent hot switching
4. easy-to-adjust audio level knobs for input and output
5. DVK using the sound card and 9 memories. No need for an expensive add on board in the K3
6. the ability to fine tune keying characteristics

True you do not NEED an interface to run PSK on the K3 - but there are plenty of reasons you might want one.

OZ1GCT Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2009 01:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Interface  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used mine for more than 2 years with my laptop in the one end and my ft-1000 mp or ft-2000d in the other end. Worked all kind of digital modes/operation with absolute no problems whatsoever. My software is HRD and DM780.

N5UM Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2009 17:58 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my Interface II for over a year now. Use it with both my IC706MK2G and my IC756 (ole' blue screen) and it works flawlessly. I use Logger32 for everyday logging and N1MM for contest logging and both work great with it. Direct FSK using MMTTY was no problem once I downloaded the EXTFSK program (from the MMTTY website) and installed it, and set one virtual COM port up for both PTT output (using RTS) and FSK output(using DTR). I have used it with Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 and with no issues whatsoever.

IW5EIJ Rating: 2/5 Dec 4, 2009 02:06 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely not worth the money  Time owned: months
Too much money for no so good workin' device.

In EU this costs more than 110EUR plus 55eur for cable!!! Ok it does it all, CAT, digimodes interface etc etc... let's try it!

It's fine crafted, nice cabinet, built with care.
First "problem" needs power supply... grrr i got no aux out on my rig so i got to wire it to station PS.

Problems starts installing drivers and software: it's not too user friendly. Anyway you can do it.
Then you got to configure your digi software for microHAM.
Things starts to get worse: using MMTTY require you to run additional sw for a virtual TXD to key fsk modulator... hmmm...
Finally it seems to work, i got my pc running 4 sw: microHAM one, MMTTY, usb add on for MMTTY and logging sw!

Ok now hardware. I connect DB15 cable and start to plug radio: AFSK, ok... CW, ok..., FSK... where's the FSK wire?? Why it doesn't work? Data plug it's connected! ???

Have a look at cable schematic and... FSK wire it's left disconnected out of data plug! GRRR... ok i get my soldering iron warming and start disassemble plug.
Another surprise: plug is internally filled with silicone resin, impossible to rework it without cut cabling and have a new plug!

I decided that's enough! I reassembled cable, disconnected it all and put all back on his box. Next day it was for sale on eBay!

I can't accept to spend more than 160EUR and two evenings for cabling programming and have such problems.
Who needs an RTTY interface who doesn't work FSK (or it does it with lot of work before).

I reconnected my fully insulated homebrew interface, no additional software needed, no driver or plug-ins running: just plug and trasmit!
And all for a 15 of bits and pieces and lot of fun have a handmade thing running so good.

My suggestion?
-You have not serial port? Ok you need something like this but you can spend much less money.
-You got a serial port or a decent adapter? Dust off your soldering iron, get all bits and pieces you got for sure on your drawer and spend the rest at restaurant with your YL!

And i'm a ham radio operator not a pc operator!

K3UG Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2008 09:30 Send this review to a friend
microHAM USB Ingterface II .... excellent product.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought mine at Dayton 2008... I had already purchased a RigblasterPlus when I saw the microHAM product.. I soon realized that it was FAR superior, and it's only $10 more! I got my money back from WestMountain Radio and bought one!

What do you get for that extra $10? A far superior product that also includes RIG CONTROL! You have to go all the way to the Rigblaster PRO ($300!) to get rig control.

This is a great product.. I have it working FB with DX4WIN and MMTTY and Writelog. Also, I use it with an FT-2000D, an ICOM IC-756PROIII and an ICOM IC-7000 .. all, work beautifully.

Buy one, you won't regret it.

K3UG Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2008 21:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought it at Dayton 2008 .. had it working within about 10 minutes of installing it.

I mainly wanted an interface for my IC7000 for portable use with Writelog and MMTTY.. both work FB and I have true FSK by using EXTFSK. (FSK on the DTR not the TXD). CW is also FB. I'm not a PSK31 enthusiast, so have not tested that aspect of it.

High quality, and works FB. My Rigblaster Pro is for sale!

N2RRA Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2008 20:46 Send this review to a friend
Awesome! Buying another!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Can't say I've had any problems with brokens wires like the fellow down below, but I guess if your not careful it's easy to blame the other guy.

I've had mines for 2 years and it has been working flawlessly, and now adding another to the shack to an Icom 7000. I highly recommend this unit for ease of digital communications.

73!