Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Workman SMA146-445 Help

Reviews Summary for Workman SMA146-445
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $15.00
Description: Dual band 144 and 440 MHz bands
7 inch flexable antenna
Fits SMA mount

You can write your own review of the Workman SMA146-445.

KC9QJV Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2010 18:55 Send this review to a friend
Given it's size I'm Impressed  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
For what this little guy is I'm overly happy with it.Makes a great antenna for my ht (Yeasu VX8r) when using my Wife's car. I get good coverage on several local repeaters on 2m and have had some luck on 70cm I can reach repeaters and hear their acknowledgment but don't normally hear alot back to really try it out on that band. Currently I have the antenna stuck to the top of my fridge in the house here and tried that compared to the radio with the rubber duck in the same location and it's a full 2 bars higher on my signal meter. All and all for the $15 investment I'm very happy with it.

KB5FLF Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2008 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Great Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is a great value for the price. I was looking for a mobile antenna to use with my car and my local ham shop recommended this one. I paid $18 for this antenna and put it to use immediately. I have been using an HT inside my vehicle with obvious results. I was considering a quarter wave mag mount 2m antenna that would have cost 3 or 4 times what this antenna cost. I was also looking at a permanent glass mounted antenna. While you won't notice any appreciable gain, it is far superior to using an HT and rubber duck antenna inside your vehicle. I hit repeaters 10 and 15 miles from my location with no problem. Also, I can see taking this antenna on trips as the small size will make it very easy to pack. The quality of materials and construction seems to be very good. If you are looking for an economical alternative to an expensive mobile antenna to use with your HT, this is a great choice.

N2OIO Rating: 3/5 Mar 30, 2007 17:04 Send this review to a friend
No better than stock  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I went ahead and grabbed this off of Ebay because of the previous glowing review..

Unfortunately, this antenna is no better than the stock antenna, it may even be sightly worse..

Comparing receive, its the same on all the bands, no improvement at all...

Transmit seems roughly the same, maybe even slighly worse..

The best thing about the antenna is that its very flexible, and cheaply priced...

If your looking for any increase of signal, this is not it..

KA3SEI Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2006 19:14 Send this review to a friend
Remarkable!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Diamond equivalent of this antenna will set you back about $30, and I paid less than half of that for one that does at least as good a job, if not better! Provides excellent TX/RX on my IC-T90A. I found it on eBay for $13.75 + $2.35 shipping. I haven't had it long enough to speak to the durability of it, but I can safely say that the performance is excellent!