Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Realistic PRO-57 Help

Reviews Summary for Realistic PRO-57
Realistic PRO-57 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $N/A
Description: Simple 10 channel desktop scanner
More info: http://support.radioshack.com/support_electronics/19709.htm

You can write your own review of the Realistic PRO-57.

KC2VDM Rating: 3/5 Apr 17, 2011 18:21 Send this review to a friend
decent, but lacking  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
a decent scanner but has a few flaws-

low audio output, distorted heavily at high volumes.
no audio output jack.
reception is okay, mediocre at best though.

still though, considering it was just given to me, it is a nice scanner for police, fire, and ham.

dont pay too much for one. its mediocre.

M6RDP Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2010 10:48 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I picked my Pro-57 up on eBAY for about 20 last year and am totally delighted with it. I just wanted a cheap and cheerful scanner to monitor the marine bands after selling my Uniden 9000XLT to fund my first amateur radio.

I have it connected up to a 2m colinear in the loft but for most of the last year I have just used its supplied telescopic antena which isn't too bad and with which I have picked up the local coastguard stations at Brixham & Portland, all the local inshore lifeboats, and the Brixham & Teignmouth pilots, though the addition of the loft antenna obviously improves the range I can receive ship transmission from. By the way, my location is Torquay, England and about 1 mile from the coast.

It has 10 channels which is perfectly OK for my needs (I don't need nor want 1000), it has channel delay and channel lock out facilities and scans very quickly.

I chose this radio for its looks as well as its price, and you know I prefer it way better than my 9000XLT costing many, many times more.

A priority channel feature would be nice, but you can't have everything.

An excellent little radio that I can't imagine being without.

K6MTT Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2006 13:41 Send this review to a friend
Inexpensive scanning  Time owned: more than 12 months
While only 10 channels, these are great inexpensive monitors. The won't win any awards, but if you're monitoring public safety repeaters (or ham for that matter), they make dandy dedicated monitors.